Amanda Knoxx retrial

Soldato
It was obviously a satanic cult orgy ritual sacrifice. It wasn't 3 people, it was 30. Twelve of them were black.

Knox was giving birth to the antichrist in the bathroom at the time.

Man of Honour
I don't know if shes guilty or not but I watched the interview Amamda Knox gave on American television and she showed all hallmarks of a soicopath. She was so cool and calm when being questioned, showed zero emotion, no guilt no empathy. As they say those eyes had nothing behind them bit emptiness.

You do understand that you, along with everyone else, are rubbish at getting people's character right from watching them on TV? That no-one can do it, but everyone thinks that they can? And that a soon as the person on TV fails to do the whole "wailing and rending garments" bit everyone just assumes that they are guilty? It's interesting to note that in the story "Shawshank Redemption" is based on, the protagonist is found guilty for exactly the reason you state: they don't show enough emotion. Since when did being an introvert (or just shy on TV) equate to being a soiciopath?

Caporegime
Never understood the fascination with this case.

'Foxy Knoxy'

basically...

also if she was a fat chick she'd not have had any of the PR stateside and there would likely be calls to 'burn the witch' etc..

The whole situation is a mess, there doesn't appear to be solid evidence, the case was badly handled form the start by the Italians, then again her stories have been inconsistent and there are a lot of unanswered questions... the mobile phone evidence, location data is interesting if people want to read up on the case details. It is plausible that she and her boyfriend were involved in some plot to harm or kill Meredith but I'm not sure there is sufficient evidence... just evidence that the stories so far don't add up and lots of inconsistencies in her accounts of what happened that night.

Permabanned
jealous of a girl who is clearly not close to as attractive as her?

Drunken by name and nature...Meredith Kercher was much much better looking than that weird faced Knox.

_59928782_014625674.jpg

Amanda-Knox-012.jpg

Soldato
You do understand that you, along with everyone else, are rubbish at getting people's character right from watching them on TV? That no-one can do it, but everyone thinks that they can? And that a soon as the person on TV fails to do the whole "wailing and rending garments" bit everyone just assumes that they are guilty? It's interesting to note that in the story "Shawshank Redemption" is based on, the protagonist is found guilty for exactly the reason you state: they don't show enough emotion. Since when did being an introvert (or just shy on TV) equate to being a soiciopath?

I never said she was guilty or not but it doesn't take a long to spot a soicopath/physcopath if you know what to look for. Of course somes character doesn't imply guilt one way or the other nor should it but it's a safe bet that she knows a lot more then what she led on and what she told the police.

Permabanned
I never said she was guilty or not but it doesn't take a long to spot a soicopath/physcopath if you know what to look for. Of course somes character doesn't imply guilt one way or the other nor should it but it's a safe bet that she knows a lot more then what she led on and what she told the police.

Are you a psychiatrist/psychologist with the relevant qualifications, spent time interviewing and speaking to Amanda Knox, do you have the relevant psychological assessments and an indepth knowlege of her personality and the personal exposure to her character and so on to make an objective assessment.....or are you simply basing your opinion on a TV interview which would be both edited and controlled to ensure she was comfortable and able to answer the questions effectively?

I watched it and thought that she was quite emotional, so it seems that your opinion is subjective, as is mine, rather than objective unless you fulfil the criteria above.

Man of Honour

Thank you for proving my point about everyone (OK, you) thinking that they are an expert on something which actually no-one is an expert on. There's endless research which shows just how bad people are at judging the emotions of others when watching them, and the same research shows how much better the same people think that they are. And this applies to people with plenty of training at doing so as well.

Soldato
In his case he had serious mental issues and was extremely likely to top himself if sent over there. Which amounts to pretty much the same thing. If an extradition will result in the persons death etc.

No he had a very good lawyer and a well orchestrated media campaign, the realistic prospect of him topping himself had nothing to do with it.

Man of Honour
She done it.

guilty guilty guilty.

Incompetent police are the only reason she got off......IMO of course :)

You do understand that someone else, with a history of robbing houses and using a knife, has already confessed to the crime and been locked up? And that the investigating officer has a history of planting evidence?

Permabanned
Drunken by name and nature...Meredith Kercher was much much better looking than that weird faced Knox.

_59928782_014625674.jpg

Amanda-Knox-012.jpg
Says the guy called poobrain ;)

Kercher is OK, in an average, yawn, Indian girl sort of way
Knox is technically less attractive, but has an awesome posh-dirty I'm not wearing any knickers look.

Half the appeal of Basic Instinct was not knowing if she was guilty or not :cool:

Soldato
As someone who has actually spend a fair chunk of time looking into this case it scares the hell out of me how some people on here decide her guilt from nothing more than look of her face or a "feeling".

The case was a joke from the start there is no motive and no evidence she is guilty. The man who did it is locked up...case closed.

I hope some of you never ever get called to do Jury service.

Back
Top Bottom