What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
I'm So Excited/Los amantes pasajeros. My first Spanish film. Sun/sex/over the top camp/comedy/Antonio Banderas & Penélope Cruz cameos/a great soundtrack - what more could you want. It was very silly but an enjoyable and fun film to watch.

Soldato
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - 4/5

Second viewing and I enjoyed it a lot more than I did the first time. Whilst I did like it the first time around I found watching it to be a bit of a chore in all honesty.

Soldato
Lincoln

Enjoyed it. Great script and cast and direction. Sally fields was surprisingly brilliant as Lincoln's wife. My only criticism would be that I was expecting more due to the excessive hype the film got. Still, a great film though.

Soldato
Annie Hall - classic Woody Allen romantic comedy. It was really good and very funny in places but I just couldn't like the characters, but hey, is that important? I was surprised at the feel of it, it certainly didn't feel like a film that is almost 40! It stuck me afterwards how much Ferris Bueller was inspired by this (replace a cool teenager with a neurotic 40 year old and it works!). 4/5

Caporegime
Ghostbusters 9/10

One of my favorite films as a child and still one of my favorite today. The effects look ropey as hell by modern standards but the humor and character interaction makes this film what it is, a superb comedy.

Caporegime
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - 4/5

Second viewing and I enjoyed it a lot more than I did the first time. Whilst I did like it the first time around I found watching it to be a bit of a chore in all honesty.

I've watched that twice, and I can tell it's brilliant, but I literally have no idea what goes on.

The best bit for me is La Mer playing at the end.

Back
Top Bottom