***The Official HTC One Thread***

Permabanned
Just a drop in to say I love my One. Coming from a Desire-S it's been a massive leap. Really impressed with the camera too, friend of mine was trying to talk up the low MP stuff but I went on a snapping spree and it's yet to let me down. This being a good example at full resolution and quality.

DPyyb7w.jpg

Just sitting waiting for 4.2.2 :)

Soldato
HTC Butterfly S - tasty specs.

5" 1080p
3200mah
Micro SD
Proper nav buttons
Dual speakers

1k7pnue.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/19/htc-butterfly-s-revealed/

A little tall at 144.5 x 70.5 x 10.6mm - Onscreen buttons and smaller bezels would have been ideal. Still like the design though, not sure about all the red stuff.

Looks amazing - looks pretty bad in the still image but fantastic in the video. Knowing HTC they'll manage to balls something up but fingers crossed..

Associate
Well after owning the Ho for a few days i swapped for an S4 as i 'missed' having a dedicated home button.

In hindsight it was a bad move. The S4 is a superb piece of kit and has some amazing technology, but 'for me' the HO is the better handset.

Will be looking to swap back as soon as possible and come back to the fold :)

Associate
Chillimonster, as someone who has used both handsets, what is the difference in battery life comparing HTC one vs S4, is the HTC drastically worse as reviews make out (particularly standby?)

Soldato
The butterfly s looks like a fine handset to me but I find it a bit odd that the S4 got such a beating for being plasticy when the butterfly s looks like the ******* child of an S4 and a 3GS!

Associate
I'd say the S4 is around 10%-15% better than the HO in standby from my brief time with it, and it's noticeably better in use on battery - hammered it all day yesterday and still had 30% left when i hit the sack compared to 10-15% on the HO.

But like i said i just prefer the feel and use of the HTC, the tech might not be as good or as advanced, but....

Soldato
Rayman Jungle run is now compatible with the HTC One. Woo! (It's also on sale). It doesn't run all that smoothly on it though which is surprising.

A few issues I'm having with my phone:
When shooting a video it very slightly goes in and out of focus constantly.
When taking pictures I sometimes get a very strong blue hue around the edges. It can also be seen on the display before taking the picture. This happens rarely.
The other day the headphone socket stopped responding completely with multiple headsets so I couldn't listen to music. It fixed itself a few hours later.

I have spoken to three who said they will repair these issues (they claim they will use their own repair centres and the phone will be back to me within 5 working days). I have no backup phone so will be without.

I need to decide if it's worth sending it to them, these may be software issues (FW 1.28).

I was considering trying s-off and flashing stock firmware so I can get OTA updates straight away. A couple of things though. There are no absolute beginner guides that I can find and I don't want to brick my phone. (Could anyone point me in the right direction here please :)). It is my understanding that with s-off if you restore everything there is no way for HTC to tell it has been tampered with? If this is correct then I could see if it fixes my issues and if it doesn't still send it off for repair.

Thanks for any help. :)

Permabanned
Got my phone back from HTC today, took a day longer than expected so 7 days overall. And what have they done? Sweet f all. Given me the same phone back saying there were no issues discovered.

Bearing in mind this included the screen not being aligned properly...

To top it off the backup/restore feature on dropbox doesn't even work. Can't restore it to how i had it pre-wipe.

I'm done with HTC now, will be swapping phones as soon as i can find a new one.

Further edit: Just rang the 'senior customer rep' as described on my repair certificate and described the problem, after she suggested i tried without the sim card or sent it in for repair i got hung up on.. What an absolute joke..

Last edited:
Soldato
To cut a long story short

Took early upgrade with O2 but also took out 12 month voda contract. Exchanged first handset with gaps and dent (SH34X serial) that I got when I took out voda contract last night. New one still has gaps and not entirely good finish (SH357). In the meantime I receive my O2 upgrade (fast rack refresh) which is flawless (FA364 so the latest and greatest) no gaps, great finish.

Now both contracts have a 7 day cooling off period but the Vodafone is more appealing as it works out the cheaper of the two contracts over a 12 month period when taking into account discounts (I have family that work with companies that get O2 open and Voda discounts). However, the chances of me getting a flawless phone from voda are slim :( Decisions!

Last edited:
Associate
N95 - E71 - Desire HD - Galaxy Note........................................................

Ordered a Black HTC One from ASDA via Topcashback. Should arrive later today.

Come to me, my precious!!!

Soldato
Does anyone get an error "No Sim Detected" and stops you getting a signal, I have been getting this a lot recently. I am not sure if it is software as if I keep going in and out of airplane mode, it will fix it.

Soldato
What network are you on, and how old is the SIM? It's possible that it's on its way out, and a SIM swap might fix the problems.

It's not a standard problem like the dropping out on 3G only networks was on the One X.

Soldato
Just tried the speeds on 3 and compared to T-Mobile it's night and day - got 20Mbps down and 2.68Mbps up - the download alone is worth it - that's over 4 times faster than I get with my T-Mobile SIM in this phone :o

Soldato
Does anyone get an error "No Sim Detected" and stops you getting a signal, I have been getting this a lot recently. I am not sure if it is software as if I keep going in and out of airplane mode, it will fix it.

I get the same problem sometimes. I'm on Vodaphone, My sim is a couple years old. It seems to only do it every now and then, got a feeling it's something software related as it only ever seems to happen when I'm coming out of a app or something, annoying.

Back
Top Bottom