*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Yeah, after a quick google, It might be £54.99.

Everything will start to come down in price a tad (apart from the console) next year. Games will become a fair price as retailers compete and controllers etc you will see the odd deal pop up which you can't pass up.

:) Just hope Sony do something about the analog sticks as the rubber is clearly too soft.

Soldato
why is there such a massive price difference for the controllers ???? some places sell them for £50 yet the high street seem to be 70 to 80 which is a rip off, whats the rrp on them ??

I got mine for £43, do people really pay 70 80 notes up the town, that is shocking, places that do sell at these prices can go under for all i care.

Associate
Can anyone tell me if the PSn Store is working? Everytime I try on ps4 it's says check internet connection. Obviously I have inet connection and have run through the chheck connection on ps44 and all seems fine, get ip and so on. Nothing failed there.

Soldato
Little question

My boss has a ps3 but he says I have not logged on in like 44days?

When am on my ps4 does it not show up on peoples ps3?

I can see him online on both my vita and ps4

Soldato
Yeah, after a quick google, It might be £54.99.

Everything will start to come down in price a tad (apart from the console) next year. Games will become a fair price as retailers compete and controllers etc you will see the odd deal pop up which you can't pass up.

:) Just hope Sony do something about the analog sticks as the rubber is clearly too soft.

You're talking £39 for the controller at Gamestop so places do indeed sell them A LOT cheaper than others...although I haven't checked whether the price remains at that or not.

easyrider said:
So what are peoples first impressions of the PS4?

Well my first impressions are well...pretty impressed :p I admittedly haven't really been a gamer on the Sony home consoles at all throughout the years but I do enjoy my PS4. A very clean and intuitive UI and an impressive and unique look to the console itself. We are certainly talking the more powerful when compared to the Xbone and to come in such a small package in comparison shows some sound engineering went into the thing.

Been playing Fifa A LOT with my brother and the dual analog is night and day compared to the previous iterations of dual shock controller (one of the main reasons I didn't enjoy the previous consoles).

Can already see the PSN is going to provide some great titles (resogun and contrast were a great start) and of course enjoying Killzone and Knack(to an extent).

I can see me sticking with my Tri-Force of Wii U + PS4 + PC for a while indeed.

Associate
So what are peoples first impressions of the PS4?

Very impressed so far.

The controller is nice and solid - feels weighty, much better than the DS3 but pretty much anything would be.

Good tech for the price IMO, punches above its weight in terms of graphics/price point.

I don't have to pay for things I don't want (camera).

Games install (not completely but ready to play) within a minute or so.

PS Store is quick to navigate, updates and installs are managed very quickly too.

Just give me more games, mainly Borderlands 3!! :cool:

Soldato
Well mine keeps on crashing. Now it won't even turn on. Flashes blue for a bit then switches off again.

Grrr merry frickin Christmas eh. I'll try and call shopto tomorrow to see what they say about getting a replacement.

Soldato
Well mine keeps on crashing. Now it won't even turn on. Flashes blue for a bit then switches off again.

Grrr merry frickin Christmas eh. I'll try and call shopto tomorrow to see what they say about getting a replacement.

Straight to Sony with that mate...their turnarounds have been impressive to say the least. People have recieved it next day by handing over the broken system to the courier in exchange for a replacement.

There's a thread on here with the contact details etc.

Caporegime

Thats wierd - try a full factory wipe as I dont understand all the crashes - only had some fifa crashes to xmb myself...

Deffo get it replaced though if thats just quicker...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Straight to Sony with that mate...their turnarounds have been impressive to say the least. People have recieved it next day by handing over the broken system to the courier in exchange for a replacement.

There's a thread on here with the contact details etc.

Can only find one thread. No contact details on that one though. :(.

Sony site isn't exactly great with providing details.

Soldato
Does anyone elses PS4 sound like a harrier jet hovering just below their tv?

I'm a bit concerned but other than my system seems fine, have I got something to be worried about that would warrant an exchange in the new year?

Soldato
Does anyone elses PS4 sound like a harrier jet hovering just below their tv?

I'm a bit concerned but other than my system seems fine, have I got something to be worried about that would warrant an exchange in the new year?

Mine is quite silent, only makes noise when i launch a game then it settles down after a few seconds. Try a google search on the problem and see if it's a fault.

Back
Top Bottom