The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Associate
Seems to be a complete new package which essentially replaces REX+ Overdrive from my understanding.

It will/or can be... atm you only get the 'texture' portion, with no weather engine, flight planning built-in etc. TBH if you already have REX + OD you're not getting anything different enough to justify the cost [around £20 with discounts]

It does give ease of use with both FSX and P3D 1.4/v2 with a simply switch to select which sim the textures go in, and the water is now better in P3Dv2 to some extent.. but, if you're purely on FSX then I'm not sure its worth buying if you have REX+OD already, with the only major bonus being, much-much faster injection of the textures.

Last edited:
Associate
So everyone ready for christmas?

Well I found my discs :) so I have now installed FSX + Acceleration, ORBX UK and the PMDG 737 just to get everything working.

after running through a few tweaks and using the built in FPS limiter for the nvidia drivers I am able to get 30fps solid in a started up 737 sitting at the gate at EGCC.

I dont remember getting this kind of performace before so Im very happy! still a lot of things to install yet though.
Do any of you use FSINN for vatsim, and if so do you run it on a remote PC ir on your FSX pc? im wanting to keep as much performance as possible and im not sure what kind of impact FSINN has on fsx?

anyway, It wont be long before I can join you all in the big blue skies :)

Associate
I run FSinn on my laptop along with BAV Phoenix plus FSGRW and FPFX.
It's always best to offload this sort of stuff off of the main FSX machine.

Associate
That is it...I give up with FSX. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Am getting CTD, fatal errors and general dislike for everything at the monent.

Am not going through the hassle of completely re-installing from scratch as last time i tried that I ended up having to rebuild my entire computer.

Really frustrates me and annoys me as have spent a bloody fortune on add-ons and now they are next to useless.

After I have calmed down from my rage, may give Prepar3d v2 a go and hope that some of the add-ons I have spent my hard earned on can be used in that.

Try this mate. You might have a corrupted file sitting somewhere.

Don't give up on it yet.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Soldato
So does REX 4 replace REX 3 or is it an addition to REX 3? In other words, does it share the same texture sets as REX 3 plus new textures or just new textures not including the REX 3 textures, meaning you won't have access to the REX 3 textures anymore unless you use REX 3 again?

It is somewhat confusion from what I am reading.

So there's loads of new optimised features. The big win for me is the quickness of texture loads. However, I've only used for 10 mins after download so can't comment on much. Where I see the bonus of the quickload, is you can type in an ICAO code and get the metar for that airport, create a theme from that metar and zap it in.

That would have taken an age in Rex 3.

I did feel a little duped, as I thought I'd get the new weather engine for that price, but that's going to be in a separate component.

That is it...I give up with FSX.

After I have calmed down from my rage, may give Prepar3d v2 a go and hope that some of the add-ons I have spent my hard earned on can be used in that.

Don't give up, and let's hope it'a minor glitch. We've all been there, but the rewards of flying thereafter are (hopefully) worth it.

Have a look on AVSIM, here and see if there's a resolution to the issues you're having.

So everyone ready for christmas?

Do any of you use FSINN for vatsim, and if so do you run it on a remote PC ir on your FSX pc? im wanting to keep as much performance as possible and im not sure what kind of impact FSINN has on fsx?

anyway, It wont be long before I can join you all in the big blue skies :)

I run lots of things of a 2nd networked PC, including FSInn.

As for flying, post your availability on this forum and I'm sure we can get a few of us flying.

I should be available in the late afternoon on Friday 27th, and ad-hoc through the day on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th.

Associate
Can you guys advise me as to whether the Airbus X extended will work with the FS2Crew Bundle that is for the PMDG and Airbus X?
I can't find Airbus X anywhere for purchase and I don't want to shell out another £30 if the extended isn't going to work with my version of FS2Crew

Associate
I was playing on Microsoft Flight earlier. I forgot how tough some of the challenges are? Unless it's just me :o

aa3w.png

7so7.png

Associate
You get a basic FS2Crew version with the Airbus X as standard.

Have you got the link to the bundle. The one I found doesn't list Airbus X as a plane for it.

Panic over, the Airbus Extended is the latest version and it works fine with the bundled FS2Crew which is great value compared to the cost of the individual packages. Now all I've got to do is learn how to fly the Airbus...the 737 seems easy in comparison!

Associate
Vuvuzela taught me.. Ask for a hours tuition. He's got his Christmas sale on at the moment. :D

I may have to take him up on that if he's managed to rebuild his set-up!

I'm going to try getting my head around it over the next ferw days....read weeks and then I'll take it from there.

Thanks for all the advice a few weeks ago on add-ons by the way, I've since added the REX extended + OD to the list as well as OrbX England, Wales and Scotland, FS2Crew and the Airbus extended package plus UK2000 Gatwick and Edinburgh Airports all of which were in the sales so timing was perfect
Wallets taking a breather for now next step is to get back to some regular flying and then hopefully join in some of the on-line stuff with you guys.

Associate
I may have to take him up on that if he's managed to rebuild his set-up!

I'm going to try getting my head around it over the next ferw days....read weeks and then I'll take it from there.

Thanks for all the advice a few weeks ago on add-ons by the way, I've since added the REX extended + OD to the list as well as OrbX England, Wales and Scotland, FS2Crew and the Airbus extended package plus UK2000 Gatwick and Edinburgh Airports all of which were in the sales so timing was perfect
Wallets taking a breather for now next step is to get back to some regular flying and then hopefully join in some of the on-line stuff with you guys.

Yes don't mind helping at all. I'm all setup again now. Away for a few days over New Years so we can do something when I'm back.

Associate
Yes don't mind helping at all. I'm all setup again now. Away for a few days over New Years so we can do something when I'm back.

Great thanks, I'm working quite a bit at the start of the new year and there's no real time between getting home and going to bed for me, bit I may be hunting you down come the middle of Jan :)

Back
Top Bottom