The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Associate
The other very important tweak is this.

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

Don't forget this one , very important. ;)

Is the A340 from the F-lite range? If it is, they are very basic and easy to fly. You can be up in the air very quickly.

If you want a bigger airbus go for the following. Out of these I would go for CLS and then Wilco.

A330/A340/A380 by Wilco (payware)
A330/A340 by CLS (payware)
A330/A340/A380 by Simmer's Sky (payware)
A330/A340 by Thomas Ruth (freeware)
A380 by Project Airbus (freeware)

Brilliant thanks it was the f-lite range.so ill take a look at the others you mentioned.

Associate
So, does anyone have any experience on whether DX10 is worth bothering with or not? I've read lots of stories about less OOM crashes, better performance etc, but it seems a bit of a nightmare to get it working properly.

Associate
A lot of the add-ons that I've either got or looked at say they are not compatible with DX10 "preview" so I've switched it off and I've not bothered with it.
I still think with the right add-ons FSX looks stunning, just take a look at some of the screenshots on here!

Soldato
So, does anyone have any experience on whether DX10 is worth bothering with or not? I've read lots of stories about less OOM crashes, better performance etc, but it seems a bit of a nightmare to get it working properly.

There is a payware DX10 'Tool' that someone wrote that irons out the creases for you. Not everything will be compatible though.

Search for: SteveFX - DX10 Scenery Fixer

It has been a busy Xmas and I didn't get much flying done. Day off today and I'm making up for it.

As for Rex Direct Textures, I'm liking the quick texture loads, but that's what Rex Essentials should have done to begin with.

And there's some great pictures that have been posted recently. Keep up the good work!

Associate
A lot of the add-ons that I've either got or looked at say they are not compatible with DX10 "preview" so I've switched it off and I've not bothered with it.
I still think with the right add-ons FSX looks stunning, just take a look at some of the screenshots on here!

I quite agree... going to DX10 will lose FSWC (though there is a lite version with some DX10 stuff - though the water still looks duff) ENB which is a biggie for me, as standard or DX10 FSX looks quite bland and poorly lit without it. I'm sure its still not possible to match the AA you can get with nV inspector with DX9, but I could be wrong.

You can get the DX10 scenery fixer for £20 but its not perfect, as mentioned above. The whole DX10 thing may be great for some who have oom and performance issues, but for me it not worth the extra hassle and visual loss.

One thing.. the cockpit shadows are quite nice in DX10 :)

Soldato
At the terminal in Funchal:
fsx%202013-12-21%2009-28-52-92.png

FlyBe and REX Texture Direct:
fsx%202013-12-30%2014-33-25-82.png

Landing at Jersey:
fsx%202013-12-21%2012-02-10-69.png

Soldato
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, I did a quick search but didn't find anything.

Electronic Flight Assistant

It's basically an app that you can use for flight planning. From what I can see I think it accesses several different databases for route planning, includes SID/STAR selection, fuel calculations, as well as getting real time weather reports including winds aloft reports. Even pulls down NOTAM reports and generates a PAX list, which I know isn't exactly needed, but still interesting hah.
You're able to select which aircraft you're flying in and is able to make all the necessary calculations.

Has plug-ins for X-Plane, FS9/10, Prepar3d v1 & v2 and can work across the network. I've yet to try this fully as I've only just downloaded it, but I thought I'd past a link in here for all you FSX/Prepar3d flyers.. There is no X plane thread, just me hah.

Associate
Thanks for the link I'll check it out. What does everybody do about the Navigraph data in apps like this or even the FMC's how often do you choose to update it if at all?

Soldato
Re: Navigraph
I bought a pack of vouchers on their old payment scheme. It's worth updating all your planes and software once and then if things desperately change, then update it again.

I took the 777 out this morning from Glasgow to Cardiff and had the FSUIPC OOM 'Bing' literally the whole flight. :mad:

I then blew the dust of the iFly 737 and did a quick hop from Bristol to Jersey and found myself flying through some rather nice REX4 clouds in the Westjet 736:

fsx%202014-01-04%2011-09-42-70.png

Soldato
On my last purchase, one update bought the Cycle (1310) for all the planes that are update-able in my collection: PMDG Planes (777), iFly 737, BN2 Islander, Flight 1 ATR72, Aivlasoft EFB, Aerosoft Airbus X and the Majestic Q400.

Associate
Those clouds look very nice bluetonic :)

Quite the crosswind into Heathrow this afternoon, still trying to master the Q400, it gets away from you so fast if you stop concentrating for a minute. The autothrottle on the big stuff does spoil us!

Associate
On my last purchase, one update bought the Cycle (1310) for all the planes that are update-able in my collection: PMDG Planes (777), iFly 737, BN2 Islander, Flight 1 ATR72, Aivlasoft EFB, Aerosoft Airbus X and the Majestic Q400.
Excellent news thanks!
did you go via Aerosoft?

Back
Top Bottom