'Contact lost' with Malaysia Airlines plane

Soldato
It does not bode well for those on board :(

I think people are getting too wrapped up in the false passports thing though. Stolen passports are used all the time and it does not necessarily mean they were terrorists.

If the story is true about the damage to it's wing in 2012, is it plausable that a sub-standard repair has come back to haunt them?

I would love to hear this was hijacked and landed somewhere. At least the passengers could have at least a little bit of hope, but I suspect it is only a matter of time before the wreckage is found. :(

That said, I will keep that slim hope in my thoughts and wont say farewell to those on board just yet.

Or you know the more sensible, they aren't actually ringing and its just the network getting confused. if you search fake phone rung then you'll find loads if posts discussing it, some with some details about how phone networks ring.

Its just most people don't think about such things as usually if it rings. then you just think they haven't picked up.

Did some googling but unable to find what it is your refering to. I've personally never heard of mobile phones still ringing when they are switched off. My understanding is a connection has to be made to the sim card for it to ring.

Any info anywhere that can give us a definite answer? More googling...

I would much rather it had been landed somewhere, at least then there would be a chance of survival for the passengers.

Agreed!

Caporegime
Because its by far the fastest and safest way to travel even with these minor inconveniences.

It's actually faster and safer to travel to places like France by train. ;) Although the speed they travel at is high, waiting around in the airport for hours going through security and checking in luggage, then waiting for luggage again when you land adds so much time to the overall journey that a train is actually faster.

Caporegime
I thought phones needed to be answered and the call held for a certain length of time for the position to be triangulated. At least that's the way it is in movies.

In reality they ask the service provider what cell tower the phone was connected to... ;)

Man of Honour
Google it, heres one example
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070621213852AA5COGt

And why would you have ever heard of it. Its not something which would normally come up as you would just assume they didn't answer and then it diverts you to voicemail anyway.
Yes that post might be utter rubbish, yet is still far more likely that the other scenarios people have said.
There's also a lot of people asking if they've been ignored.
Things like phoned friend abroad, it rang before going to voice mail. But when I've finally spoke to them, they said phone was off/dead.

Its like all the people who said it was impossible for the people on 9/11 flights to make s phone call, too fast, to high etc. Yet since then several people have tried it and it works fine although unreliable.

Last edited:
Soldato
Google it, heres one example
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070621213852AA5COGt

And why would you have ever heard of it. Its not something which would normally come up as you would just assume they didn't answer and then it diverts you to voicemail anyway.
Yes that post might be utter rubbish, yet is still far more likely that the other scenarios people have said.

Its like all the people who said it was impossible for the people on 9/11 flights to make s phone call, too fast, to high etc. Yet since then several people have tried it and it works fine although unreliable.

I've never had that happen to any phone I've had or others have had. If I turn my phone off or go out of service and try to call it it goes straight to voicemail (on EE).

Soldato
How would you know especially if it only happens very occasionally.

Because I lived in a terrible coverage area where the connection was very intermittent. Anytime I got a call when the phone was on and out of service it came through as voicemail and the people who called usually text me afterwards say it went straight to voicemail so go check it.

I'm just giving my experience with it. I've never heard of T3212 before and can't say I've seen it occur here at least. Maybe its changed with 3G/UMTS?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom