Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26410191 said:
Looking excellent. But it needs a rear lip spoiler and some good wheels to complete the Sport look :)

Not sure why it's taken me this long to buy/fit a spoiler given it's one of the simplest and cheapest mods to do. :o

The wheels are an issue as I have a significant sum tied up in the cost of refurbing them - money that I'll never get back.

It's nice but the wheels look too small for the size of the car IMO. Although it could probably be better as you saw with slightly lower ride height.

Should a decent set of something special in 18" come up I'll pull the trigger, but as I don't know what else I want, these 17" 71s will suffice until I do.

I'm working my way through this thread...it's packed with shots of every E39 wheel imaginable.

Man of Honour
You spent a load refurbing them? They are the wheels off the base model runout special, dunno why you thought they were worth saving :p

Style 37's would complete the car perfectly.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26410342 said:
You spent a load refurbing them? They are the wheels off the base model runout special, dunno why you thought they were worth saving :p

Style 37's would complete the car perfectly.

Not my finest moment, but you live and learn.

If I knew then what I know now, of course I wouldn't have refurbed them. Either way they're an improvement on the Turbines which were on the car when I bought it.

I find it hard to get excited over Style 37s. I may ultimately end up with 37s but I'm hoping to find an alternative.

Man of Honour
Hard to get excited?! They are the best E39 wheel ever :eek:

Love mine:

rearside.jpg

PAz

PAz

Soldato

Went from a Seat Leon Cupra (mk2) - while I miss the power of the Cupra engine, this is so much more comfortable.

Can't wait for my next drive to Poland.

Back
Top Bottom