Show Us Your Motors!

I spent a long time looking (to gauge prices), reading the various saab forums and also did a number of valuations and the price was good for the car/mileage, considering it was a dealer with their own warranty.

Something a little bit different. A Series 3 Jag XJ6 4.2l 6cyl with convertible modification. I understand there aren't many around. It needs a lot of work mind :(

https://db.tt/Js4l8tG8

Resize image please.

BEoiflTY

Finally picked up a manual E46 M3... Cost me £6.8k with 86k miles. Almost fully loaded bar the sunroof! Sat Nav, Harmon Kardon sound system (Didn't realise this included an Amp and small sub in the boot) Xenons etc. It's 2002, so not facelift however it has had LED rear clusters installed! It also lacks a strut brace, which I will be looking into purchasing in the next month or so (a solid one ofc!). Also, the paintwork is almost pristine.

Ignore my best mate, he was being a tit :)

The red one in the pictures is my old E46 325i that I've sold to my friend.

The previous owner removed the M3 tags from the side grills so I will be replacing those asap. I also can't decide between getting chrome grills back on there or keeping the fake carbon ones. I quite like the subtle look to it. It's got a horrible carbon bmw badge on the back that WILL be getting replaced however! It also has a Miltek backbox too, so it has a slightly throatier rasp to it.

It has a cream leather interior too, will get another pic up in a bit of the interior.

Impressions so far. Well... it's a whole different animal to my puny 325i... it feels insanely fast. I can't stop going outside and looking at her! It fills me with so much joy just cruising or flooring it, but also a reasonable bit of trepidation when I do floor it.

One more thing, over 100 miles I averaged 34.4 mpg sitting at 70 with a few hoons, which I must admit, I was thoroughly impressed with. I've since done another 100 or so and over the 200 it is down to 31.5, which even so it is still amazing considering the performance!

Last edited:
The grille looks awful, put it back to stock. The front wheels look really inset too, are they fakes or something?

Yeah, i'm in 2 minds about the subtle "blacked" look. I think considering it's black the proper chrome parts will look so much better than all black.
The wheels are OEM, they sit the same as every M3 I have viewed in the last few weeks. Pretty sure it's the pictures showing them funny.
I'm planning to get it detailed and have some professional shots taken in the upcoming months so that'll show it in all it's glory.

BpwHwh-CUAAEfCU.jpg:large

This is my new company car (collected yesterday) - Insignia BiTurbo 195PS SRi VX-Line. The two turbos mean it has plenty of shove even low down in the rev range. Suspension is good, and it also has Flexride (adaptive dampers) which I'm slowly exploring! The wheels get a lot of reaction. :)

Kit includes: Nav, BT (inc audio streaming), DAB, tinted rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, full leather sports seats, heated seats, 19 wheels, Flex-ride, 8" instrument display. It's not missing much really.

Back
Top Bottom