• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Associate
Has anyone bought the apple silicone or leather cases for the 5S? I'm considering the leather one for the 6, but having never seen one before I'm not sure how good they are. I'm pretty fussy when it comes to cases.

The leather ones were awful, they scuffed really easy and became really dirty quickly... I was told that the only one this didn't show up on was the black one.

Soldato
I'm very fussy about cases as well and two of my friends had the (black) leather case. Was really impressed with it. Very slim fitting, but also a good solid fit and seemed to wear well. Also didnt scratch the phone from dirt, etc.

Soldato
I have had the red leather on my 5S since day one and it is perfect still.
But I do take care of my phone and also cleaned the case with some car leather cleaner.

Soldato
It doesn't. Not in stock android. I bought Motorola with kitkat for my other half literally few days ago and was surprised dock icon unread counts (global badges is it?) are still only available as a dirty hacks through custom launchers with extra plugins (and even they don't work with some manufacturer customised mail apps). Even if you wanted unread counts as persistent notifications in status bar you would need to buy extra apps like MissedIt.

Why does turning on unread counts equate to a "dirty hack" - and the functionality IS present in the API contrary to you're prior comment. You come across as being a little bit biased on this one :)

Soldato
I have no proper experience of Android... but can you simply turn that on in the settings? (unread counts)

Not with stock vanilla android (eg an off the shelf Nexus device) - you would need to install a launcher and enable it but with sony/samsung/htc phones its already built in to their own launchers.

Soldato
Not with stock vanilla android (eg an off the shelf Nexus device) - you would need to install a launcher and enable it but with sony/samsung/htc phones its already built in to their own launchers.

I guess it really depends how your Android is bundled from your phone manufacturer then. This is kind of along the lines of why i've never made the jump to Android (or Windows Phone for that matter). It just never seems like a fully cohesive package compared to the iPhone/iOS/iCloud/iTunes(excluding the desktop client).

Soldato
No way ill be able to hokd the 6 plus. Think ill stick with my iphone 5, which is actually too big anyway.

Plus things like swimming shorts pockets which i have on now. They hold my iphone 5 perfectly with a bit slightly sticking out the top when the velcro pocket is closed. With the iphone 6 the pocket wouldnt close. 6 plus it wouldnt even fit in width wise. Might go back to a lovely nokia mars bar phone and get an ipad air!

Caporegime
Probably going to replace my 32GB 5 with a 32GB 5S when my contract is up in a couple months. Nothing in the 6 appeals to me at all.

Soldato
Can someone explain why the camera lens now sticks out of the iphone? Why has no reviewer / website challenged Apple on this / mentioned it on their articles?

Pretty tired of the supposed experts never questioning any downside to Apple products. Are they paid off or something?

Surely someone should be mentioning the horrid antenna bars and stick out lens on their articles?!

Caporegime
Can someone explain why the camera lens now sticks out of the iphone? Why has no reviewer / website challenged Apple on this / mentioned it on their articles?

Pretty tired of the supposed experts never questioning any downside to Apple products. Are they paid off or something?

Surely someone should be mentioning the horrid antenna bars and stick out lens on their articles?!

Physics.

Bigger sensor need a bigger lens, how light goes through those glass is important for sharpness, vignetting and even focusing.

Soldato
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I haven't been keeping up with the thread this year, but what exactly are the differences between the iP6 and the +? Hardware wise it seems it's just size and resolution, as well as a better battery life.

I've been hearing that the + acts like an iPad (in terms of split screen and landscape), but haven't seen anything to confirm this. Does anyone know the answer?

Back
Top Bottom