*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
I'm so fed up of Lollipop now, the phone's performance is just so inconsistent it's unbelievable. Chrome will sometimes lag so badly when scrolling until a link is clicked and the new page loads. Application's can also take seconds to open and respond, all this on top of battery life that's also got worse versus KitKat.

I didn't even install Lollipop via OTA either, I flashed the factory image which also included a data wipe..

Associate
I've not had any real problems with Lollipop but if your fedup with it just flash back to 4.4.4 until Google release couple more updates.

Associate
Just received a replacement refurbished device due to my power button going crazy on my launch phone. Really happy with google's service with this matter!

However I need to restore my phone to absolute standard before I return it which is no problem to me but I've been out of the loop with regards to rooting etc lately as I've just been using my phone.

So is lollipop worth getting yet and is there a viable root option available?

Soldato
W!ll said:
Just received a replacement refurbished device due to my power button going crazy on my launch phone. Really happy with google's service with this matter!

However I need to restore my phone to absolute standard before I return it which is no problem to me but I've been out of the loop with regards to rooting etc lately as I've just been using my phone.

So is lollipop worth getting yet and is there a viable root option available?
get the WugFresh root toolkit it's easy to use to root the n5 and put it back to stock

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

get the WugFresh root toolkit it's easy to use to root the n5 and put it back to stock

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

i've downloaded the above tool but i'm not sure if it'll do what i want if it's even possible. i rooted my n5 when it was on 4.4.

it updated to 5.0, and now 5.0.1 and i now want to unroot the device without wiping the data. is this possible? the reason is because i want to use barclays mobile app which wont work with root.

one thing to mention is superSU no longer works, something to do with updating to 5.0, and i think rooting has now half gone.

Caporegime
For anyone having random slowdowns and lag since updating to Lollipop, try clearing the cache. Phone off > power + vol down > select recovery mode and wait for the Android on its back > vol up for 5 secs > select wipe cache partition

My phone has been awful for the past few weeks with apps lagging, Chrome constantly crashing, keyboard having a mind of its own, etc. but since clearing cache it's been absolutely perfect and snappy. Pretty much like having a brand new phone.

Soldato
anyway to back up a game app so the savegame is saved ? on lollipop ? i fancy trying one of the modded rom versions but am rather fond of one game that ive put two many hours into to start again !

thanks
andy

Associate
anyway to back up a game app so the savegame is saved ? on lollipop ? i fancy trying one of the modded rom versions but am rather fond of one game that ive put two many hours into to start again !

thanks
andy

This has been the biggest issue with Android. I can't believe they didn't include app data in the new Lollipop backup features.
What game is it? Some can cloud sync with Google if the dev adds support for it.

Associate
HELP!!!

My wife managed to drop her Nexus 5 into the toilet! She fished it out and we placed in a box of dry rice which I gather is the best way to try and dry a phone out.

Anyone got any other ideas and how long should I leave it in the rice?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom