******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Thought 2.0 would be public but it's only select few :( Got so excited going to reddit then seeing my launcher was up to date..

It's only for the first couple of days according to CR on the live stream

It's to catch any major/in ya face bugs that may crop up as us gamer's can break anything :p

Associate

Damn! Nice :D
Love that it says Test ArcCorp and Social Module etc at the top of the email :D

Somewhat surprised they've asked for a media blackout, i wasnt planning on watching anything because i want to experience that for myself, even though we've seen quite a lot from CIG anyway. It just loses its shine when you've seen its 3-4 times and then you go in. It didnt seem like they were going to do this though, judging by CRs expression that they/he hadnt given it a thought.

The only thing i want to know is what the loaners end up being. Im confident i'll get a Constellation from the Reclaimer, but im hoping for a bump-up with the Retaliator Base, for some reason we've got the bomber in-hanger to view, so fingers crossed on that one.
It'd be handy to see a list of known replacements, ie Orion owner got a Conny, Vanguard owner got Tali Bomber etc. Just to compile a list.

edit - LOL, i go check reddit, and theres a 'disregard the NDA, stream and screenshot away' link to Ben's twitter.

Associate
The good thing is that with more people accessing the version hopefully it frees up the CIG staff to focus on solving the issues and the QA team verifying the issues being reported, instead of needing the whole studio to stop what they're doing to jump in and help playtest and bug check etc. It'll just reduce their involvement in the playtest side, letting them focus on aspects only they can work on.

If we have it by Dec 1st (live), then i think that'll be a brilliant result. Gives them the chance to wind down later in the month and not have people stressing the importance of finding fixes before the holidays.

Soldato
OP
I'm glad they left me out of this round of PTU, my broadband is too garbage to cope with it :)

Pretty excited about getting a group together in 2.0 though, should be a lot of fun. I'm hoping it's more stable connection wise than Arena commander has been though, bit of a nightmare getting a 4v4 going on that when we tried. Plus means we don't have to play ARK all the time..

Soldato
Is there any hint of when version 2.0 will go live for the rest of us?

They said a week during the live steam, it didn't seem set in stone, but around about then. Looking at the streams earlier, there seems to be a lot of server disconnects/crashes, so it's probably for the better that we wait a week.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah its deliberately a phased rollout as they knew they'd not been able to test more than about 20 players internally, last night it went out to another 15,000 and it is apparently more stable than the first build so it certainly sounds like they are on track for it being a week or so

Soldato
I only played the alpha briefly when it first came out, it certainly looks as if its come along way since then.

For the 2.0 test do you have to sign up? Or will it be automatically applied to your account?

Associate
Yeah, its based on activity and assistance submitting bug reports etc for stuff like this where they've got far far more people wanting access than they're confident of being able to handle, so they're being selective on who's in and who's not.

Im hearing that its still crashing a lot, but im hopeful that it'll be on the live branch by Dec 1st, maybe even next weekend.

Soldato
Yeah, its based on activity and assistance submitting bug reports etc for stuff like this where they've got far far more people wanting access than they're confident of being able to handle, so they're being selective on who's in and who's not.

Im hearing that its still crashing a lot, but im hopeful that it'll be on the live branch by Dec 1st, maybe even next weekend.

The second batch of invites sent out today was just based on who's active as I've never used the issue council. I just played around in the social module yesterday for an hour, partially idle, knowing full well that would mark me as being active and it worked. Something to bare in-mind for future big releases.

Still lots of crashes and error messages, annoyingly one of which is "server full", so those without PTU aren't really missing anything.

Back
Top Bottom