Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I like how in like the 80s/90s, manufacturers began colour-coding everything on the higher spec models, and now with so many newer cars having for example black bits of trim and, as per above, wing mirror covers, it's like we're going the other way :D

what's happening now is that you get those "black/carbon packs" which basically mean some bits are either left black or chrome changed to black = extra option lol.

Associate
[ui]ICEMAN;28863698 said:
Personally I prefer the clear lights, especially given they're LED. I think it depends on the color though, some colors like yours look great with the red lights.

I feel on my white one that the clears look a lot better (though mine have the black outlining, as they're standard on the 2015+)

I hope you enjoy it, they're wonderful cars, I came back to one after taking a break with the McLaren and the Ferrari. There's just something very special about them.

nalFpOe.jpg

What a lovely car!!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Tell me more!

Where do people find these cheap runners? It looks cracking for £500

Any auction house in the land cars like that are firmly under £500. Nice little reliable runarounds don't cost much, where do you think all the £1k ones advertised at back street dealers come from :)

Soldato
what's happening now is that you get those "black/carbon packs" which basically mean some bits are either left black or chrome changed to black = extra option lol.
Hehe yes, it is actually an optional extra called 'the black pack' it gets rid of all the chrome save for the exhausts and blacks the mirrors. It isn't like the old black bumper plastic though. with the mirrors at least it's actually paint I think.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Not sure, i just can :p

Pick the vendor very carefully, check its mot history carefully, its fairly easy to weed cars out based on the mot history and vendor alone along with a 5 minute glance over it.

Caporegime
Not sure, i just can :p

Pick the vendor very carefully, check its mot history carefully, its fairly easy to weed cars out based on the mot history and vendor alone along with a 5 minute glance over it.

Some people seem to be ok with this whilst others (who from an outside perspective are doing the same things) seem to fail spectacularly.

My brother for instance is utterly shocking at buying used cars, my fiancées brother is the same. On the flip side I seem to (on the whole) buy used cars that stand the test of time.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Some people seem to be ok with this whilst others (who from an outside perspective are doing the same things) seem to fail spectacularly.

My brother for instance is utterly shocking at buying used cars, my fiancées brother is the same. On the flip side I seem to (on the whole) buy used cars that stand the test of time.

Yeah there must be a knack to it which i am failing to appreciate. You can build up a very clear picture of a car very quickly, subtle things such as advisories which were left, what do the dates look like, what tyres does it have, are they evenly worn, why and how the car is being sold, etc.

For a brief example; a car with 4 matching but nearly worn out premium tyres which all need replacing is massively preferable (to me) than a car with extremely well treaded budget or mismatching ones. The tyres themselves tell a story. One example of many factors.

Soldato
I bought a Focus recently as a cheap runaround, think I got lucky.

I bought it from the original owner who was selling because they'd bought a brand new one, has a fully stamped up service history and 4 decent matching tyres. Not bad for a 12 year old car.

Sure it was a little bit more than Tom's Golf but still happy and should last a few years.

Soldato
It's N430 colouring, I loved the Top Gear episode where May took this to Italy against the other "track" cars. What an amazing noise but I think he ended up driving it naked????

Back
Top Bottom