Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (March Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 400 43.3%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 523 56.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I've just polled an out vote, for all sorts of reasons. When we joined the EU, it was sold to us voters by the great and good as a European trading block. Because of the state of the economy at the time, if i had been old enough i would have voted to join. Of course time has shown us we were LIED to by the media, the in campaign, the EU itself and the so called experts. All of them knew full well we were being sold a dummy and we swallowed it hook line and sinker. Each time over the years that our various governments have "negotiated" different treaty's our Sovereignty has been slowly but shurely removed from us, to be more accurate, surrendered by our own government. On each occasion we have been systematically lied to about the consequences to our Sovereignty and about how it effects us as British citizens.
Keeping in mind that on NO occasion were we ever asked to vote on these things, the ONLY chance we will ever get to vote is the coming referendum. I for one will absolutely be voting out. We were lied to and conned into joining in the first place and we are being lied to and conned by the stay campaign now.

Soldato
Currently veering towards staying in but not completely decided.

I can see that as Summer comes the whole immigration crisis will be fully blown in the media everyday and that could sway a lot of people into leaving through fear.

Soldato
Nothing, but any government that signs a trade deal with America will be held to account for it by the British electorate. Suppose our government announced tomorrow that they'd signed a deal that meant the NHS had to be privatised - there'd be massive uproar and I can't imagine they wouldn't have to do a u-turn. What would be the consequences if Brussels did it? There'd be anger towards the government who would shrug it off and point their fingers at the EU. In the first scenario we could theoretically punish the PM's party at the next local/European/general election - in the latter err, we can't as no-one in the UK voted for Juncker anyway.

I can easily see a Tory government selling off the NHS back door style with greased palms, just as there's anther election. If they win, cool beans. If they lose, labour have to deal with the fall out, we all have sorry memories and at the next election we bring back the Tories.

Caporegime
I can easily see a Tory government selling off the NHS back door style with greased palms, just as there's anther election. If they win, cool beans. If they lose, labour have to deal with the fall out, we all have sorry memories and at the next election we bring back the Tories.

I think they've already done that and are deliberately making the NHS fail so by the end of this parliament we'll be begging them to privatise it. However, while Labour are unelectable there's not much we can do to punish them in elections and the EU doesn't really help alleviate this depressing situation.

Soldato

I have very little doubt this is the agenda of this Tory government. :(

Caporegime
I can see that as Summer comes the whole immigration crisis will be fully blown in the media everyday and that could sway a lot of people into leaving through fear.

I've mentioned it a few times in previous threads; the EU was founded on four freedom principles: movement of goods, freedom of movement for workers, freedom of services, and freedom of capital. And there is only one of those four things that is causing a problem currently. Would we even have reached this level of fervour without it? You can bet your bottom dollar proponents of an exit will play on more fears of the immigration crisis as the campaign expands, they already are.

Soldato
was IN but now strongly leaning towards out.

the deal seems pretty weak and with greece saying they'll block it unless we/everyone takes more Syrians then it's likely to be thrown out or we'll have to make the exact move that we didnt want to and take more migrants.

May be this will teach our governments not to go around the world breaking other peoples countries, doubt it though they're bad mofo's.

Just for clarity, are you 100% out of the EU or 100% out of a benefits system?

I don't get why he can't go to France and live the good life he dreams of.

America has already stated they're not interested in making trade agreemants (in other words we'll trade with them but not have huge trade deals like TTIP) with singular nations. If they are telling the truth when they tried to use that statement as a scare tactic it has onbly bounced and made me give +1 point to the out vote.

It's the usa that is pushing ttip and the tory government is 100% behind it fighting hard to make Italy and France accept the rubbish, it astounds me that anti ttip voters think "out" under the tories makes any sense.

Soldato
I'm out. Unfortunately working in the Public Sector for 10 years has led me to see the worst side of the public for a long time now. Not necessarily bad, argumentative people etc but there are so many more non-english people I deal with that, for me and my direct experience the ability to be able to limit or flat out stop benefits being paid to immigrants newly arrived/never worked and however unlikely the 'potential' for them to actually sent back if we leave the EU seals it for me.

The country is bursting at the seams in pretty much every area but definitely at all the important ones. The drop in NHS service taken in a matter of fact approach suggests that we cannot handle one single person extra with the state the NHS is in, in regards to response/waiting times. Now of course these extra people will come but shamefully I would rather it be British people who have been here for generations as opposed to the opposite.

I'm racist I know :rolleyes:

Soldato
Suppose our government announced tomorrow that they'd signed a deal that meant the NHS had to be privatised - there'd be massive uproar and I can't imagine they wouldn't have to do a u-turn.

To the extent of private companies being able to compete for NHS contracts - they've already privatised it, and nobody cared. Sorry.

Soldato
I am voting out. However the chances of the real vote being an out are about as remote as me wining the lottery.

A few weeks before the scaremongering will start with millions of us losing our jobs, the economy crashing, death of the NHS and the creme da la creme that house prices might fall.

The boomers are the biggest out campaigners (even though they got us into this) yet threaten their property wealth and the will be back in like a shot.

Associate
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom