*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
Must admit i rarely use cash. Card/Contactless/ApplePay is my preferred methods.

Sure I read a while back a certain country, can't remember which one, is stopping printing paper money due to it not being worthwhile any more.

Soldato
In Switzerland cash is king :(

Are Euros accepted there or do they only accept swiss francs? I remember travelling to italy by coach (ugh, never again!) years ago and passing through switzerland, and we stopped at a swiss petrol station - I paid for something in euros and got the change in swiss francs.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Why would you carry a bundle of disease infested paper when a tiny bit of plastic does the job ? :confused:

Only time I get cash out is to Trade/Deal smaller items when cash gets you a better discount/deal.

Soldato
Out of the 4 bikes I've owned, only the 2nd one was brand new. It was great knowing it was mine and taking care of it. Sold it after 3 years for a 3rd of the buying price, but it was then a 125 with 60K on it

Associate
New to me GPZ500S. Moving so need a bike to do the 60 mile a day commute (including the Dartford Crossing :mad:)

It has just over 19k on the clock and is restricted to 33bhp. My plans....

Get it back to normal power, sprocket and chain, scottoiler and brakes. Just need a weekend to go to my friends and do it there as I have no space or tools in the new home. I reckon a garage would charge £400 for the work above partly as the carbs are linked to the coolant bottle to keep warm in colder temps so just makes life harder to work on the bike lol.

Soldato
That is a super tidy GPZ500, original exhausts as well! I've not seen one that nice in a long time :cool:

They are fun bikes when running nicely (and not restricted), mine wasn't much slower than my SV650. Keep the front caliper clean, they seize for a pass time.

Associate
It got a crack on the nose and the mudguard is dark purple lol. Was my mates and worked on the bike with him and I know the repairs are solid enough. But its a quick for a 500!!
Getting it out is easy, turn it around and ride it out, used to get a ZRX1100 with renthals in and out!!
Soon as I have the money I will be getting a 600 with ABS as the brakes on the GPZ are a bit weak.

Back
Top Bottom