Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Owners Thread.

Associate
Hi guys,

So i picked up this board yesterday installed everything and loaded Windows 10 everything so far has gone great except for one thing when installing the motherboard drivers (From Gigabyte website)

When trying to install "Intel Management Engine Interface" i'm getting "Fatal error on install attempt" instantly when i click install

all the other motherboard drivers installed fine no problem been using the PC for a few hours and no issues apart from this....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit: Just to let you know i have not updated the bios yet im still on F6 should i update that then try again?

I just started my build today. I installed Win10 from bootable USB and then started downloading the various drivers and get the exact same fatal error. Ive fkashed to bios F7 and tried the drivers on the CD and the ones from Gigabytes website withe the exact same fatal error.

I really dont wsnt to reinstall windows. Do I need these drivers. Ive no excamations in device manager and everything else seams fine

Do you have any advice

Cheers

Deks

Caporegime
OP
Associate
You dont need ME, but you two must have done something odd for it not to install.

In other news I've bought these

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £38.99
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Will see if the board will post at XMP.

And at that price I doubt I will lose much money selling on.

Im not sure what went wrong. I looked on the internet and quite a few people have had the same problem.

I ended up reinstslling windows 10 but this time I made sure I loaded ME first before any other drivers including LAN drivers and it installed without error.

Just installing all the other stuff now. I havnt put the graphics card in yet i just hope the titan X fits in the Corsair 450D case . Im sure it will.

Then i need to look at overclocking.

On 4.2ghz with 115i cooling im getting 75 deg c over the cores. Does this sound about right?

Cheers

Deks

Associate
Ack typing on tablet and thinking faster than typing. The top option in Prime 95 for max heat and little ram.

The 75 deg was all stock settings using corsair 115i cooler and the grizzly thermal paste. I think the fan speed was set at balanced in the corsair link software

Im a bit out of things regarding the progs to use these days. What is the best stress tester these days to test stabilty and heat?

Thanks again

Deks

Last edited:
Associate
Ack typing on tablet and thinking faster than typing. The top option in Prime 95 for max heat and little ram.

The 75 deg was all stock settings using corsair 115i cooler and the grizzly thermal paste. I think the fan speed was set at balanced in the corsair link software

Im a bit out of things regarding the progs to use these days. What is the best stress tester these days to test stabilty and heat?

Thanks again

Deks

Have a look at the previous page for my post and try xtu. I get 75 degrees at 4.7ghz with 1.430v using the same cooler

Should give you a decent comparison

Associate
Ty Stulid and Leerogers00

I told you I was out of things. Thanks again I'll check them out.

For info I just upgraded from my best CPU ever. The I7-920 2.66ghx clocked at 4 ghz. Never had a system last 8 years before :)

Associate
Hi All.

Anyone tried the below memory in one of these boards? got both coming saturday and didn't realise there maybe compatibility problems

Team Group Delta 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C15 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit - Red Light (TDTRD416G2400H

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
We in like finn,

Teamgroup Xtreem DDR4 3866
OcUK Product Page

DSC_0108_zps0yz7vm6t.jpg~original

22_zpsp9rya74i.png~original

Associate
I've had this board a couple of weeks now and I've a few issues hopefully someone can help with (I'm running an i7 6700k and 16gb Corsair vengeance ram, everything running at stock speed):

1) my pc will randomly reboot when idle, i've changed all the power management options so it shouldn't shut anything but the display down, but at random intervals the whole thing reboots. Event viewer shows a couple of messages when it recovers:

"The previous system shutdown at 16:42:02 on ‎22/‎06/‎2016 was unexpected."

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

It's never done this when in use, only after being left idle for a while.

2) The hard drive is forever powering down and back up. I've always been able to hear the click when it powered up on my old cpu/board but now i hear it click on and off sometimes every few seconds. It's like it's desperate to go into sleep mode, as mentioned above the power option is set to never put the drive to sleep.

3) Possibly connected to the above, sometimes on boot the hard drive isn't visible (the boot SSD always is though, so far). This is happening with the drive in several different ports with different sata and power cables. Drive works fine in another machine.

I also had the Intel Management Engine install problem that a few people have had, but I've discovered this isn't actually an issue, Windows Update will install this for you, naturally without telling you, and if it does so before you get around to installing it yourself the manual install will fail, as it won't downgrade by default. If you get the install error check Device Manager/System Devices, you'll probably find a newer version of Intel Management Engine has been installed automatically.

Back
Top Bottom