• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Think that's the whole display port adaptor to the link box thing not working with the Vive when using a 1080 (but it's fine with a 980ti etc).......not a deal breaker for many, but highly embarrassing for Nvidia and co considering the big push on VR with the new range.

Just need to disable UEFI boot for PCI-E devices.

See the 8th post here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...21538/#4921538

Anyway back on topic. Those getting FTWs and SCs now let us know how you get on with your over clocks in the owners thread :)

Associate
Just need to disable UEFI boot for PCI-E devices.

See the 8th post here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...21538/#4921538

Anyway back on topic. Those getting FTWs and SCs now let us know how you get on with your over clocks in the owners thread :)

To be honest man, it's not even something I've given a second thought to, as I've never even attempted using the box via a DP adaptor, as I keep the Vive to a separate system with a 980ti (though that'll be a 1080 as soon as EVGA get their StepUp program together)..........good to know there's somewhat of a fix in place for those affected though.

Associate
Anyone having trouble with the Gigabyte Xtreme VR panel?

On mine the left HDMI doesn't work at all and the right hand one sort of works but keeps turning the display of my Rift on and off. Its like the signal is intermittent

when you use HDMIs inside it will disable 2 of DP . so you need to make sure you connect your monitor ( one HDMI or first DP ) only the first 2 ports and DVI you see in picture

eQnGe3U.jpg

Associate
What a complete fail this launch has been, especially for EVGA, their reputation has taken a massive hit off the back of this complete shambles.

Agreed.

They were number one on my list, so glad I changed and went with Zotac instead.

Everyone seems to be able to build cards and ship them, everyone except EVGA.

Couple that with funny statements that apparently EVGA shipped more cards than any other company when we all knew no one in UK has even seen a single EVGA card.

Not sure what's going on with them. Let's just hope it's a hiccup and they recover the ground and reputation they lost.

They do have a few good things going for them, UK centre, Step up but that's not enough to ignore the most important thing which is the actual delivery of the product ...

Associate
Finally had my email through saying I can collect. However I've been mad busy all bloody day at work so not had chance to leave the office, I'm still here now!

Will pop round in the morning :)

Associate
Guys, if i preorder ftw now (yea i know GL to me :D). I must pay right now or just when i'll be <50 in queue is enough? It's just impossible to get it in Poland and don't think it will change in near future (month or more lol)
soz for my english btw

Caporegime
Guys, if i preorder ftw now (yea i know GL to me :D). I must pay right now or just when i'll be <50 in queue is enough? It's just impossible to get it in Poland and don't think it will change in near future (month or more lol)
soz for my english btw

Order now, pay now assuming its directly from a debit or credit card, amazon payment can take longer.

Soldato
You can't sell on MM for a profit. So either cancel your orders or sell them on fleabay for no profit.

Rules of MM is that you must sell for no more than you paid for item even if its selling for a £1000 now.

Is it profit if the value of that £ price is only worth the same or less in buying power? :)

Associate
What a complete fail this launch has been, especially for EVGA, their reputation has taken a massive hit off the back of this complete shambles.

People keep writing this but it's obviously not true.

Are you going to stop buying graphics cards now? Obviously not. Are EVGA in any materially worse position than any of their competitors? Not really.

Supply is thin everywhere, cards are flying off the shelves faster than they can be put on them. This is probably one of the most successful launches in history and I'm sure NVIDIA's reports will bear that out.

Soldato
People keep writing this but it's obviously not true.

Are you going to stop buying graphics cards now? Obviously not. Are EVGA in any materially worse position than any of their competitors? Not really.

Supply is thin everywhere, cards are flying off the shelves faster than they can be put on them. This is probably one of the most successful launches in history and I'm sure NVIDIA's reports will bear that out.

Fact - EVGA as well as Asus have been an utter shambles in the UK at least, and I believe wider Europe!

Other vendors have shipped a lot of non founders cards, as can be seen from out own 1080 owners thread. EVGA and Asus, nothing! Although EVGA are starting to trickle through.

Associate
soz for my english btw

You can buy direct from EVGA on their website. If placing an order on OcUK I'd pay with Amazon so they won't take your money until they have a card for you.

Back
Top Bottom