****The Official Road Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Soldato
^^ echo the light in the saddle over the rough. Being so stiff compared to any other sort of bike you're thrown around like mad if you don't follow this.

I don't think I got up out the saddle or stood at all during my first road ride. Felt like I'd taken a wrecking ball up the rear the next few days! :eek::mad::(

Associate
Haha cheers guys for all the tips! I actually did a bit of cycling back in 2012 as I signed up for a charity Leeds - London ride with some friends so spent the summer training for that. I have a bit of a background in it I guess (know some of the basics) so looking forward to getting back into it, especially at this time of year, just need some good weather!

Deffo agree about the helmet thing BennyC, I see people commuting daily without one and it just makes me cringe! I wouldn't dream of riding without one. Also setup with some gear too. My work has a cycling club so I've bought their full kit, jersey and bib shorts, for a decent price and as I mentioned I bought a fair bundle of gear from wiggle the other night haha. It's actually been delivered today!

Looking forward to picking the bike up on Sunday now and getting it all setup and getting cracking - one question: what are the bare necessities I need, would you say, to support myself on a solo ride? I am guessing a spare inner, tyre levers, pump/gas(?) - anything else you'd recommend? Obviously take some water and a couple snacks and my mobile/some cash just out of common sense too.

Cheers.

Soldato
one question: what are the bare necessities I need, would you say, to support myself on a solo ride? I am guessing a spare inner, tyre levers, pump/gas(?) - anything else you'd recommend? Obviously take some water and a couple snacks and my mobile/some cash just out of common sense too.

Multitool could be handy :)

Soldato
Road bike.

28225045550_b4ed1d9285_c.jpg

Everything else 3 speed.

25975097501_f553c05f4a_c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom