PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
The Witcher 3 should be running the same as the PS4.

I've been playing most of today and a few thoughts from me. Bare in mind that I have a 4K HDR TV.

1. Battlefield 1 - looks nicer and more importantly is now hitting higher frame rates with less drops, it's now very smooth even on 64 player games, night and day difference. This was a complete surprise to me, as there was some banter before release that MP games would not be seeing any benefits. Am so glad this is not the case.

2. Titianfall 2 - Ran at a solid 60FPS on the PS4, but the resolution has increased. It's extremely noticeable how much better it looks compared to the PS4, it just looks fantastic. I will be hitting up the single player campaign soon.

3. The Last of Us - Stunning, jaw dropping how good it looks. The use of HDR creates a dramatic difference. Not bothered at all about the slight reduction in FPS compared to the PS4, it's not noticeable.

4. Shadow of Mordor - Looks amazing! They've done a great job on the patch for this.

5. Ratchet and Clank - As said earlier, it's beautiful. A real show piece for what the PS4 Pro can do.

On to the hardware - Fan noise seems a little quieter than my PS4, maybe though that is because my old PS4 needs a de-dusting. WiFi is much better now! Build quality is solid and it looks nicer than the PS4.

I'm really excited about the Pro and the future with how developers are going to harness its power. It's not often I hear myself saying this these days, but they've got the pricing just right for this.

If you don't own a 4K TV, I'd question whether the purchase is worth it, you definitely need at least 4K, preferable also HDR. Then again, I can see that there will be some out there that would jump on the Pro for better FPS in BF1 MP @ 1080p.

V F

V F

Soldato
1tb huge amount..... :eek:

I could do with another couple of tb tbh..... :)

I'm down to 6xxGB. Think I have 30 odd games installed.

Started on shadows if mordor having only played about 20 mins of it on pc before. My thoughts are that if this is what a £350 console can deliver then I am finished with pc gaming. This game is beautiful!

First time on Shadow of Mordor? You're in for a treat in the second half. Let alone the intense fights, 40 - 60+ orcs and stalkers. Loved the stealth missions as well.

I've loved some of the animations.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The Witcher 3 should be running the same as the PS4.

I've been playing most of today and a few thoughts from me. Bare in mind that I have a 4K HDR TV.

1. Battlefield 1 - looks nicer and more importantly is now hitting higher frame rates with less drops, it's now very smooth even on 64 player games, night and day difference. This was a complete surprise to me, as there was some banter before release that MP games would not be seeing any benefits. Am so glad this is not the case.

2. Titianfall 2 - Ran at a solid 60FPS on the PS4, but the resolution has increased. It's extremely noticeable how much better it looks compared to the PS4, it just looks fantastic. I will be hitting up the single player campaign soon.

3. The Last of Us - Stunning, jaw dropping how good it looks. The use of HDR creates a dramatic difference. Not bothered at all about the slight reduction in FPS compared to the PS4, it's not noticeable.

4. Shadow of Mordor - Looks amazing! They've done a great job on the patch for this.

5. Ratchet and Clank - As said earlier, it's beautiful. A real show piece for what the PS4 Pro can do.

On to the hardware - Fan noise seems a little quieter than my PS4, maybe though that is because my old PS4 needs a de-dusting. WiFi is much better now! Build quality is solid and it looks nicer than the PS4.

I'm really excited about the Pro and the future with how developers are going to harness its power. It's not often I hear myself saying this these days, but they've got the pricing just right for this.

If you don't own a 4K TV, I'd question whether the purchase is worth it, you definitely need at least 4K, preferable also HDR. Then again, I can see that there will be some out there that would jump on the Pro for better FPS in BF1 MP @ 1080p.

Steve, is Battlefield patched or does it come with pro support on the disc?

Associate
I'm still running a 1080p TV and the difference in options available in Rise of the Tomb Raider is amazing. The graphical bump in 30fps mode is stunning.

Soldato
Yes this is my second one im on now as the one i purchased had same issue but i presumed it was cable. Seems a few peopeople having similar issues

My Neighbour has a Sony TV and his has had a similar issue too. I told him to exchange the console but if more are having the issue maybe it's a compatibility issue with certain TV's... ?

Back
Top Bottom