Dishonored 2

Soldato
Anyone else got blurry graphics? Like everything is not as sharp as it should be. The AA settings do make a difference but everything - especially distant things - look muddy as though I'm playing at a low resolution and not 1080, 1440 or even 2160.

I noticed this too. And the FOV was weird, I couldn't focus on what I was actually aiming at. Mind you, might have just been distracted by the stuttering.

Just jumped back in, disabled depth of field, bloom and still everything was blurry. Good spot. Maybe worth posting on the forums to alarm devs seeing as they'll be working on issues the community raise it seems. At least they've acknowledged theres an issue!

Last edited:
Associate
I have a GTX 1080 and 6700k and this game seems to run reasonable. I turned off the pre-rendered frames to 1 and running at 3440 x 1440 resolution and getting 80-100 fps.

First thing I noticed was this horrific fence quality. What is going on here? Changing AA doesn't seem to help much.

https://youtu.be/QhOZ64Loxa4 ( Video at 70% upload and will be ready in a few moments )

Also why is the mouse sensitivity so awful it takes so much physical mouse movement to turn any amount.

Associate
A few points I hope can help some of you guys out/keep you informed:
Currently the mouse sensitivity is tied to your FPS (a silly decision). The devs are looking at changing this but currently most of us are going to experience hugely varying mouse control with the FPS problems this game currently has.

Secondly the 'Resolution scale' settings (I think this is what it is called) in the game seems to be bugged and keeps resetting to 70/75%, this means if you don't change it everytime you start the game you are NOT playing at your full resolution, thus a potential cause of blurring/poor image quality!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yea, I noticed the resolution scaling thing always went back to 75 so first thing when I fire the game up I set it to 100.

To be honest I am enjoying the game and it has made me forget about the frustration I had earlier on. It was only on mission two I got crashes, not had any since. If they just optimised the game a bit more on pc, I think it would have got much better reception.

Associate
Actually managed to get the game playable last night. Still feels a bit rough with a mouse though.

Alt-entered into full screen
Set everything to medium
Turned mouse smoothing off and sensitivity to 70.

I still find the game a grind though, it feels unfair. Might need to gain more abilities.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Actually managed to get the game playable last night. Still feels a bit rough with a mouse though.

Alt-entered into full screen
Set everything to medium
Turned mouse smoothing off and sensitivity to 70.

I still find the game a grind though, it feels unfair. Might need to gain more abilities.

It feels hard at first, but once you get blink it becomes very easy. I love to blink and kick people or blink and instant kill.

Permabanned
Despite the horrendous performance issues I'm still getting despite all the little fixes, I'm really enjoying it. Completed the first major level but not too any major extent. Going to wait for the first patch which will hopefully fix a lot of the issues and just start again.

I still think it suffers the same issue as the first in that chaotic play is just so much more fun and rewarding, but I guess that's subjective...?

Can't wait to start seeing some of the big Dishonored YouTubers get there claws into this. The kill animations are really nicely fleshed out

Associate
Despite the horrendous performance issues I'm still getting despite all the little fixes, I'm really enjoying it. Completed the first major level but not too any major extent. Going to wait for the first patch which will hopefully fix a lot of the issues and just start again.

I still think it suffers the same issue as the first in that chaotic play is just so much more fun and rewarding, but I guess that's subjective...?

Can't wait to start seeing some of the big Dishonored YouTubers get there claws into this. The kill animations are really nicely fleshed out

That is seriously, seriously cool. I can now see why people love this game. lol

Soldato
I'm hopelessly lost in the Clockwork Mansion atm.

Absolutely brilliant. This game is every bit as good as I hoped it would be. IT doesn't quite have the same level of atmosphere as the first game, but hopefully there will be a level like The Flooded District at some point!

Associate
A few points I hope can help some of you guys out/keep you informed:
Currently the mouse sensitivity is tied to your FPS (a silly decision). The devs are looking at changing this but currently most of us are going to experience hugely varying mouse control with the FPS problems this game currently has.

Secondly the 'Resolution scale' settings (I think this is what it is called) in the game seems to be bugged and keeps resetting to 70/75%, this means if you don't change it everytime you start the game you are NOT playing at your full resolution, thus a potential cause of blurring/poor image quality!

Didnt know about the resolution scale resetting, thanks

Associate
Still sitting on the fence. And hoping they release a patch soon to fix the issues this game has before buying it.

As the game play it's self sounds really good.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Still sitting on the fence. And hoping they release a patch soon to fix the issues this game has before buying it.

As the game play it's self sounds really good.

It really is. No one will be disappoint with the game itself. Just the lack of optimisation and bugs.

Absolutely brilliant. This game is every bit as good as I hoped it would be. IT doesn't quite have the same level of atmosphere as the first game, but hopefully there will be a level like The Flooded District at some point!

I spent ages on that level discovering every nook and cranny :)

Caporegime

I got an achievement for not alerting the guy to my presence :D

Man of Honour
That is seriously, seriously cool. I can now see why people love this game. lol

Think they are using cheats in that video to have both powers that you normally would have to choose one of - still very cool though - sad that the actual normal gameplay is a much more watered down version of that.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The game was a shorter than I expected it to be, would have liked if there was 4-5 more levels to be honest, but it was fulfilling none the less. Finished it in 16 hours (according to in game timer) and that is with finding all the runes and bone charms, though not all blueprints.

The clockworks level really stood out and was fun to play, I think I spent 25% of my playtime in that one level. lol :)

Even though the crafting was pretty basic, I enjoyed that element of the game also.

Looking back I am not sure which I enjoyed more, this or Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. With Dishonoured 2 I had lower expectations which it met overall I would say. But with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided I had much higher expectations which were not met. Though as I like Deus Ex lore much more, I would say overall I still would pick that. Also I spent A LOT more time with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, the first playthrough was like nearly 50 hours vs only 16 here. Overall I have 100+ hours on my steam clock for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and even after I play again as Emily, I cannot see Dishonoured 2 going past 30 hours mark.

To anyone wondering whether they should pick this up I would say if you enjoyed Dishonoured, you will enjoy this. Maybe just wait until the first patch is out at least to save yourself some hassle, but definitely a great experience, even if short :)

Associate
Just finished with 21hrs on the clock. Tried to explore every nook and cranny. I think there was about 7 missions but all big explorable areas. I imagine it could be finished quite quickly though if you didn't explore.

Absolutely loved it. It played pretty much the same as the first one with some interesting abilities to use if you play Emily. Level design was awesome although I did feel like I was playing Deus Ex at points. Certain things felt similar with regards to navigating the world. A couple of standout missions as well like the Clockwork Mansion and the one that uses time.

The writing was decent and I felt invested in Emily and wanted her to succeed. There was an interesting twist as well
(where you have to make a decision about someone. Would be interested to know if choosing the other option has any effect).

I played her as stealthy as possible and the game let me go with that style 100%
(you can even stealth the dreaded boss battle at the end).

I loved the look as well. It's not super duper high tech but Dishonoured was always about the art style and that it awesome. Lighting was nice and it had bags of atmosphere (it also supports 21:9 really well).

The only disappointment was that Karnaca was a bit less interesting a setting than Dunwall. Now for Corvo.

Back
Top Bottom