Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

Soldato
Just finished this one and I thought it was fantastic.
Sure it added nothing new, had the same flaws as the previous games etc etc but the visuals are stunning (coming from a PC gamer) and I loved the story. It felt so much involving than previous iterations and I actually watched all the cut scenes happily whereas before I wasn't fussed.
Was quite sad it ended tbh!

Associate
Likewise. I really enjoyed the series. Was never really bugged by the flaws or the fact you'd meet an army of gun-toting enemies in some random cave you were the first to discover in centuries! :p

Has anyone played the newest Tomb Raider games here? How do they compare with Uncharted? Tempted to pick one up second hand and have a go.

Soldato
The Tomb Raider games are great. The shooting and bow mechanics are actually a lot nicer than Uncharted but the story and acting are not so great. I preferred the first reboot to Rise but they're still both very enjoyable and well worth playing.

Soldato
Looking forward to playing this, even though I watched the entire playthrough on YT after release.

I plan to grab a PS4 this year for the exclusives as I'm getting sick of PC gaming lately and problems with Forza didn't exactly help. Once FFXV, Tekken 7, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Yakuza 0/Kiwami and the rest release I'll probably sell my 1070;p

Soldato
Likewise. I really enjoyed the series. Was never really bugged by the flaws or the fact you'd meet an army of gun-toting enemies in some random cave you were the first to discover in centuries! :p

Has anyone played the newest Tomb Raider games here? How do they compare with Uncharted? Tempted to pick one up second hand and have a go.

I just purchased TR definitive on PS4.

Enjoying it and there is a few things that are very similar to uncharted such as the big action set piece sequences.
And its much darker in terms of the environment setting and quite gory in places.

I personally prefer Uncharted but TR is very good.

Soldato

They're good in different ways. There's more of a focus on gameplay mechanics, skills, resource gathering etc in the TRs but it's at the sacrifice of narrative and characters which are mostly rather bleak.

V F

V F

Soldato
NOV 3, 2016
PATCH 1.15.041

General

Added support for PlayStation®4 Pro
Added support for High Dynamic Range display
Improved quality of stereo audio

Multiplayer

Beta Test Playlist – Classic Mode:

Starting November 3rd, and through the weekend, you’ll have a change to jump in and try out Classic Mode
We will be trying out other variations of Classic Mode during our second Beta Test weekend on November 11th

Bundle Sale:

All bundles are now 70% off until November 10th

Ranked Season 3 has started!

New ranked rewards added:

Gold / Platinum / Diamond / Master Aviator sunglasses

Ranked Changes:

You can no longer see which players have joined the lobby until the match begins
Qualifier matches are now only required when moving between full ranks (e.g. Silver to Gold). Moving within a rank (e.g. Silver III to Silver II) doesn’t require any qualifiers.
Players can now be kicked during a ranked match for networking issues

Gameplay changes:

Players will no longer take cover on something that is fully offscreen. This led to many situations where players accidentally became stuck to cover when attempting to roll.

Bugfixes:

Fixed a couple bugs where player could lose a mystical they purchased after switching loadouts
Fixed teammates being able to bump the player’s camera when in aim mode
Fixed a bug where Bounty Hunter matches would not increment the total score earned used for unlocking new boosters
Fixed some collision issues on Rooftops
Fixed an issue with Shield of Asgard Mystical cancelling when player attempts to melee immediately after activation
Fixed issue where Team Deathmatch and Command matches could start with uneven teams

Cinema Mode fixes:

Fixed problem with rewinding several times causing a permanent black screen
Fixed issue when cinema file ends causing unwanted black screens
Fixed a crash in cinema caused by a late joiner
Fixed a crash that occurs during cinema replay
NOTE: In this patch, cinema files have switched over to a new version. This will erase any older cinema files.

Other stability fixes:

Fixed crash that can occur when connecting to multiplayer
Fixed black screen hang during loading if any user loses connection to host during the load into the game
Fixed a crash that occurred during Ranked TDM
Fixed a crash that could occur when being downed while hanging off of an edge while over water

Soldato
Finished this earlier today. Despite the Pro giving out more heat from its rear end than a volcano, I didn't have any reliability issues with the game or console.

Uncharted 4 was an incredible ride, so much so that I honestly became more fascinated by the pirate captains as the game went along. I ended up spending the last two hours reading about Henry Avery and the rest of the gang. This was my first Uncharted title and it blew my mind. I wish I could go through the game again without the silly combat set pieces because the adventuring portion was sheer class. The final fight at the end was quite a downer and took about ten attempts - it was saved by a great epilogue though. I wish I could see this in 4k HDR (my tv is a 40" 1080p Sammy H6400). ND are just incredible, playing this after having experienced Last of Us just shows how much they've learnt and improved upon since then.

If it's one thing I had a complaint about is that the ambient sound in some areas could do with some working. There doesn't seem to be much there, unless my headphones were messed up. Forests could do with wildlife 'chatter', caves could do with dripping water sounds etc. The environments were too quiet save for the sound of groaning aged wooden floors in places.

Ended up purchasing Uncharted 3 Remastered from PSN right away!

V F

V F

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Finished this earlier today. Despite the Pro giving out more heat from its rear end than a volcano, I didn't have any reliability issues with the game or console.

Uncharted 4 was an incredible ride, so much so that I honestly became more fascinated by the pirate captains as the game went along. I ended up spending the last two hours reading about Henry Avery and the rest of the gang. This was my first Uncharted title and it blew my mind. I wish I could go through the game again without the silly combat set pieces because the adventuring portion was sheer class. The final fight at the end was quite a downer and took about ten attempts - it was saved by a great epilogue though. I wish I could see this in 4k HDR (my tv is a 40" 1080p Sammy H6400). ND are just incredible, playing this after having experienced Last of Us just shows how much they've learnt and improved upon since then.

If it's one thing I had a complaint about is that the ambient sound in some areas could do with some working. There doesn't seem to be much there, unless my headphones were messed up. Forests could do with wildlife 'chatter', caves could do with dripping water sounds etc. The environments were too quiet save for the sound of groaning aged wooden floors in places.

Ended up purchasing Uncharted 3 Remastered from PSN right away!

Also try get Uncharted 2 my favorite personally.

Associate
Just jumping in to say this is the first PS4 game I've finished (got the PS4 slim as an Xmas pressie) and it has set the bar really high for PS4 gaming from a season PC gamer. Very impressed by the visuals, the gameplay did suffer from some repetitive sections, but that's certainly an issue everywhere. Towards the end I just wanted to actually get to the damn treasure and not more clues! Certainly preferred the story over many other games I've played (Tomb Raider for one). Now on to Fallout 4!

Soldato
I regret selling this game, might rebuy it for a replay. It felt very complete and satisfying.
Also, still just about the best graphics (tied with Horizon) and animations I've seen in a game, including everything on PC.

Soldato
I regret selling this game, might rebuy it for a replay. It felt very complete and satisfying.
Also, still just about the best graphics (tied with Horizon) and animations I've seen in a game, including everything on PC.

I've got this but not played it yet as I'm working through HZD. I did play through the first 3 and loved them (2 was my fave).

One thing I will say as PC gamer is that PS4 titles really do seem to be very well optimised. I watched the HZD making of video and the work they'd put into the engine for efficiency was amazing. Seems to be a common theme.

Anyways I'll look forward to this... Just got HZD, Infamous Second Son and Heavy Rain to do first. Playing catchup after all this time being PC only. :D

Back
Top Bottom