Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

Soldato
One thing I sometimes do is insert the disc, cancel any automatic updates that are downloading, let the game fully install on the home screen first (you'll know because the disc drive will stop making noise), then download and install the updates afterwards.

Good luck, it's a truly incredible game so it'd be a shame for your experience of it to be spoiled!

Soldato
Okay, I caved and bought a PS4 to go alongside my PC and Xbox One, mainly for Bloodborne if I'm honest but as there were no Bloodborne packages I ended up with this.

So far, chapter 6 it's pretty good if far from how the reviews made it out but there's a question I have for anyone who's played it to completion. Does the game ever stop crashing? It's a brand new console and game, all patches are installed but between chapters 2 and 5 I think it froze on me 6 times and it's left a pretty sour taste so far. Into chapter 6 it seems fine but I've only done about 20 minutes of it so it may well happen again. Is this normal? I've looked it up and it looks like there are more reports of it happening but if it's gonna continue then frankly I don't think I'll be seeing the game through. It's good but nowhere near good enough to put up with that. So, anyone had this happen to them or perhaps know what the problem may be?
Just in case you haven't gotten it yet:

Bloodborne GOTY - £24 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0188QFSHC/?tag=hotukdeals03-21

Soldato
One thing I sometimes do is insert the disc, cancel any automatic updates that are downloading, let the game fully install on the home screen first (you'll know because the disc drive will stop making noise), then download and install the updates afterwards.

Good luck, it's a truly incredible game so it'd be a shame for your experience of it to be spoiled!

Does stopping updates first make much of a difference with regards to install time, never thought of doing that before with new games and day 1 patches.

Soldato
Me too. I don't buy many games but was looking for more good SP games that weren't all Lovecraft-esque and this seemed to fit the bill. I love the TR games so hoping this will grip me too. If I like it I will get the Collection as well.

The uncharted collection is good, but its not aged as well as many games, and to be honest many think that the TR reboot , ROTT and TR 2013 are better, but uncharted 2 is a good stand out game from the collection - but comparable to UC4, well you'll see once or if you do decide to go for them..

Associate
Well, I'm still having the odd crash here and there but nothing game-breaking. Did a complete reinstall too, from what I can tell it's patch 1.06 which a fair number of players have reported issues with.

On chapter 12 and I'm more than prepared to say my instincts about this game were wrong. It's absolutely breathtaking. The Twelve Towers level in the jeep outstayed its welcome just a little if I have one criticism, oh and I'm still not fond of the motion blur but the game is just beautiful and visually it's up there with anything I've seen even on PC.

This reminds me why I loved the first two games so much and it's such a huge leap over the disappointing third. I absolutely loved the two Scotland levels. As desperate as I am to start Bloodborne, I don't really want to rush this as I think I'd spoil it somewhat.

Soldato
Finished last night, took some time as I was playing it for the first time round on hard.

Loved the last boss fight, better compared to the previous games. Especially Uncharted 2.

Associate
I have falling under the world once and had to re start the check point ..Not sure if you call that a crash or just a glitch tho...

Iv completed it now the climbing after a while was a bit of (here we go again) but apart from that great game

Soldato
Had zero crashes myself anyway just finished this and loved it all and the ending was great, that said one of best scenes is right near start with elena and nate playing crash that was perfection and shows off how great naughty dog are at doing characters!

Soldato
Play this on normal when it came out and loved it took me 16 hours I think maybe 14 cant remember.

Just played through the uncharted collection which I dint really enjoy.

Just started 4 again on hard this time couple of hours in and enjoying it and not dying to much considering its on hard difficulty. Hopefully I can complete it abit quicker this time round, how long has it been taking you guys ?

The graphics on this game are amazing jaw dropping in places!

Great storey telling and characters :)

Soldato
Play this on normal when it came out and loved it took me 16 hours I think maybe 14 cant remember.

Just played through the uncharted collection which I dint really enjoy.

Just started 4 again on hard this time couple of hours in and enjoying it and not dying to much considering its on hard difficulty. Hopefully I can complete it abit quicker this time round, how long has it been taking you guys ?

The graphics on this game are amazing jaw dropping in places!

Great storey telling and characters :)
Took me 14hours also why didn't you enjoy the first 3 ? I'd argue 2,3 are the best out of all 4

Soldato
Game timer showed me 20 hours, but I'm pretty sure it was closer to 25-30 given all the time I spent in photo mode(which doesn't count towards playtime).

15-17 hours seems the norm.

Caporegime
I've only ever played number 3 which was pretty good but this blows it away. Can't believe the graphics, they're incredible! Might have to give 1 and 2 a go after this.

V F

V F

Soldato
I find all 3 equally loved but 2 feels like a great military action game. I loved the helicopters, tank and train chase. I'm still always blown away when Shambala opens up. Such a shame Chloe never got PS4 love.

The ice cave was stunning as well as the water section with the platforms. I'm so glad I own all 7 games. I never get tired of replaying them. Sadly addicted. These games are so obsessive.

Associate
Well, finished the game and it certainly surpassed my expectations. I fell out with the series after the third game but this is a huge return to form. Looked gorgeous, the quieter moments were particularly effective, and it was nice to see more focus on exploration too in many parts.

What I wasn't too fond of was the frantic last few chapters that felt a little rushed and out of place, and the QTE final boss....hmm, not a great move. It all ended very well though so I can't complain.

Definitely a stand out game, but hasn't displaced Dark Souls 3 as my GOTY. Best in the Uncharted series though for me. The first two were great but this just felt more refined in many areas compared to those. It'll be a while before we see a better looking console game too I'd bet.

Going through Bloodborne now, the main reason I bought the PS4 and man was it worth it!!

Back
Top Bottom