• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Polaris RX 480 Owners Thread.

OcUK Staff
The asus card seems to be very cheap. Any issues with it?

Asus had a lot of them, so needed to get the sales ramped up, easiest way to boost sales in a short period, do crazy price offers, the £150 ends at 9am and won't be repeated as more than half the stock sold over weekend and yesterday, in short a little too cheap, but got the job done!

8GB goes live at 9ish at £179.99 and tomorrow we shall do the Strix at £218.99. All have DOOM and FREE delivery.

The Asus Dual card I would say is an OK card, the cooler is average but the quality is good as with all things Asus they generally do not put their name to junk not even on their value stuff so it is reliable, 3yr warranty with OcUK anyway.
The only complaint we really see with the Dual is in some smaller enclosures it can be noisy but this can also be cured with a fan profile in wattman or just under-volting the card.

Its an OK card, but at the current prices its a bloody steal!

Soldato
Asus had a lot of them, so needed to get the sales ramped up, easiest way to boost sales in a short period, do crazy price offers, the £150 ends at 9am and won't be repeated as more than half the stock sold over weekend and yesterday, in short a little too cheap, but got the job done!

8GB goes live at 9ish at £179.99 and tomorrow we shall do the Strix at £218.99. All have DOOM and FREE delivery.

The Asus Dual card I would say is an OK card, the cooler is average but the quality is good as with all things Asus they generally do not put their name to junk not even on their value stuff so it is reliable, 3yr warranty with OcUK anyway.
The only complaint we really see with the Dual is in some smaller enclosures it can be noisy but this can also be cured with a fan profile in wattman or just under-volting the card.

Its an OK card, but at the current prices its a bloody steal!

Any chance of getting XFX to do a similar deal on their much harolded GTR's?

OcUK Staff
Any chance of getting XFX to do a similar deal on their much harolded GTR's?

Impossible right now as I said yesterday Asus can afford to do crazy things, huge company! XFX doing such antics would eventually see them going bust and out the market, so they cannot do it unless AMD helped them and AMD really need to keep whatever profits they make and turning their business around.

Associate
1-2 weeks, they cannot compete with Asus pricing really and are not so willing as they do not have huge inventory to move. :)

Still £199 is a decent price... Not sure I can wait 1-2 weeks though as it's for a Xeon build that currently doesn't have a GPU (or even an iGPU).

I'm also tempted by the 8GB Sapphire Nitro RX 470... I understand it can keep up with an RX 480 in most cases as it's oc'd and is the only RX 470 to use 8Gbps memory?

The Strix and PowerColor RX 480 cards seem good, but I'm pretty sure they won't fit in a Kolink Sanctuary case without removing the intake fans :rolleyes:

Associate
Those tempted by the 8GB I will put that on 24hr special tomorrow at £179.99 delivered with Doom, maybe thats good enough to sway some of you and before any cheeky ones say do it for less, not possible £179.99 is down to the bone!

Are you effin sh***ng me man, I went and bought the 4GB but christ on a bike if I knew you was gonna do this I would have held off and got this instead... Can I trade?

Associate
Not trying to kiss ass or anything. But I've been posting the details on every forum I'm a member of.
It's an Asus Rx480 for €170 including DOOM with free delivery, compared to Ireland's only online supplier charging €285 for the same card, with no free game and you need to pay €5 extra to go and collect it in their warehouse.
Oh... and it's out of stock :D

No brainer.

OUCH! Feelsbadman :(

Associate
Just pulled the trigger on the 8GB version.

This will be the first new ie not 2nd hand, graphics card I have bought since my 3dfx Voodoo 3 2000:eek:

btw, did I see something recently that we can't sell bonus game codes via the MM any more?

Associate
What a superb service from OCUK and DPD.
Ordered Late on Monday, notified of delivery (free of charge to Dublin) between 9:50 and 10:50 am this morning, received it at 10am with my free Haribo :D

Fully installed in my girlfriends computer and running like a dream.
Fair play to you guys!!!

IMG_20170308_100956.jpg

Back
Top Bottom