The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
OP
Hi AsrockMB, I'm interested in the Asrock X370 Taichi AMD Motherboard and would like to overclock the Ryzen 1700.
Could you please tell me what settings I have to change in the BIOS
From what Ive read 3.8 or 3.9ghz is pretty good.

Thanks in advance.
8 Pack put it rather well, below:

Taichi I can definitely recommend based on my testing.

Associate
Really wanted the Taichi but as stock arrivals look no existent, I'm thinking of going with the Asus Prime as by all accounts, it will clock a 1700 the same and is in stock now. I know 8 Pack indicated that he is in talks with AsRock regarding stock time scales yesterday. Is there any update that can be provided? I'm away for most of April, so if stock looks like it will land then, that is no good for me. TIA

Associate
@AsrockMB ok what mem are we saying is good better best with the taichi ?? I've got Kingston hyper coming 3333mhz .. if you don't think they will play well pm me or just say i'll cancel it and get some gskill .. thx

Unless it's Samsung B-Die at this point it's risky.

8pack tested the Vulcan 3000mhz and Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 and said it worked fine on CH6 and Taichi at full speed and could be ramped up.

I ordered some LPX will send my gskill back.

Associate
Kingston 3200mhz 2x8GB (HX432C16PB3k2/16) didn't POST above 2133mhz for me, even with slackened timings, big SoC Voltage offset and upping the volts on the RAM itself.

I've returned it and ordered the g.skill flare-x as it's marked as OC on the asrock QVL (should be tested at 3200mhz) and g.skill tested it with the Taichi.

Associate
Kingston 3200mhz 2x8GB (HX432C16PB3k2/16) didn't POST above 2133mhz for me, even with slackened timings, big SoC Voltage offset and upping the volts on the RAM itself.

I've returned it and ordered the g.skill flare-x as it's marked as OC on the asrock QVL (should be tested at 3200mhz) and g.skill tested it with the Taichi.
where you getting the flare x from ?

Associate
I just read this in the review "I find nothing wrong with this board — words I have said about only one other product."

@AsrockMB, could you please get that guy in the canoe to paddle a bit faster ;)

Associate
Hello AsrockMB,

I want to go for a 16GBx2 memory setup with my Ryzen config but I can see on the Taichi webpage that no kit of such capacity has been validated yet. Is that likely to change soon (validation in progress?) or are you leaving it to the user to "gamble" when it comes to buying the right 2x16GB kit?

Associate
I just read this in the review "I find nothing wrong with this board — words I have said about only one other product."

@AsrockMB, could you please get that guy in the canoe to paddle a bit faster ;)
really not a true review .. there just looking at a 970 ..
yeah the board sounds great but they dint even push a 1700x to 4ghz ..
there going to have to leave that to me ... :p

Associate
OP
Hello AsrockMB,

I want to go for a 16GBx2 memory setup with my Ryzen config but I can see on the Taichi webpage that no kit of such capacity has been validated yet. Is that likely to change soon (validation in progress?) or are you leaving it to the user to "gamble" when it comes to buying the right 2x16GB kit?
We have very limited info on 16GB sticks at the moment, hence nothing on the QVL. Any 16GB DIMMS that work will obviously be added, but there's nothing as of yet, like you say. At the moment it's a gamble, but we're working on it.

@AsrockMB

Hi,

Are you planning to releise Extreme4 MB with X370 chipset? (like Z270 Extreme4, for example)
And if YES, when can we expect it? :)

Cheers,
Can't comment on future products, we're afraid. All we can say is that more models are coming in the future.

Back
Top Bottom