• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Ti Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Just a question for users with TXP blocks.

Are your blocks warped slightly? Bit like a banana curve? Or are they dead level?

Both mine are quite warped. I.e about 3-4mm from the nickel to a straight edge when laid flat. Nickel plate seems square just the acetyl edges seem curved like the nickel has pulled it.

Didn't think too much of it but the cards are screaming at me even at 60fps. Hasn't really bothered me but is really quite noticeable with these cards.

Just wondering as this could be a factor? I swear they were fine when tested on air.

My recently removed 1080's are square too.

I've emailed EK but am unlikely to receive a reply until Monday.

The ones on my Titans are all flat with no warp.

Associate
He sent me a photo and it saying invalid code would it tell you if it had been redeemed or would it be best to ask overclockers?

sorry to say but you've been scammed.. thats why I no longer sell my codes online or if I do its to my brothers friends

you have no leg to stand on because your not technically allowed to sell virtual goods via the site you used its too easy for the buyer just to say code doesn't work when in fact they already used it or sold it on

if you ring paypal up and tell them they might be kind enough to refund the cost out of good will but don't bet on it

I was scammed for the DOOM code

Sem

Sem

Soldato
Just a question for users with TXP blocks.

Are your blocks warped slightly? Bit like a banana curve? Or are they dead level?

Both mine are quite warped. I.e about 3-4mm from the nickel to a straight edge when laid flat. Nickel plate seems square just the acetyl edges seem curved like the nickel has pulled it.

Didn't think too much of it but the cards are screaming at me even at 60fps. Hasn't really bothered me but is really quite noticeable with these cards.

Just wondering as this could be a factor? I swear they were fine when tested on air.

My recently removed 1080's are square too.

I've emailed EK but am unlikely to receive a reply until Monday.

my TXP block is perfectly straight but i have had issue with EK blocks warping other GPUs
here is my old thread from the OCN forums

http://www.overclock.net/t/1471942/ek-fc-780-dc2-warping-pcb/0_40

my 780 DC2 being warped by the block
in the end the problem was one of the stand off's. It was loose and could not be screwed in fully so it was raised a couple of mm from the block

check the stand off's if you can screw them all in fully then great but if they keep turning or are still raised even when you screw it then RMA it

Soldato
my TXP block is perfectly straight but i have had issue with EK blocks warping other GPUs
here is my old thread from the OCN forums

http://www.overclock.net/t/1471942/ek-fc-780-dc2-warping-pcb/0_40

my 780 DC2 being warped by the block
in the end the problem was one of the stand off's. It was loose and could not be screwed in fully so it was raised a couple of mm from the block

check the stand off's if you can screw them all in fully then great but if they keep turning or are still raised even when you screw it then RMA it

Thanks, Ahh right ok. Well as above i've ordered 2 new blocks for tomorrow, i'll send these other ones back. Inspection wise (standoffs) they all look fine, just looks like the actual acetal is warped. There is actually a small gap underneath the corners of the nickel plate and the acetal too (enough to get a piece of paper underneath).

Screw the four GPU screws in and the pcb is still square, the other standoffs for the other end are 3-4mm below the pcb resulting in he pcb being bent down once installed.

Can place the block against a flat surface and visually see how warped the acetal is.

Last edited:
Soldato
j

How is sli working with current games? swore I would never go back to two card setup after watercooled r9 295x2, but with 4k hdr oled tv and NVidia shield tv 2017 streaming (replaced my aging 2nd system) could do with the extra juice.

Fine to be honest but it depends on the games you play. For me it works fine in 99% of the games I play with good optimisation. Only really have problems with ubisoft/bethesda junk.

Probably will be going single card next time more so on cost than anything else as next card should run 3440x1440 100hz without a problem.

Associate
k thanks, Bethesda I've got an issue with on 3440.1440 monitor so will be looking to play on tv, so sli is less appealing already (fallout 4). I thought next cards would be less of a jump due to new architecture - hence why I jumped on the TI, vega wasn't an option due to NVidia streaming and g sync monitor. Guess i'll wait and see what happens. At least I managed to sell my 1070 for £330, only a loss of £110 for a years gaming, maybe I can pull it off again with selling TI next year.

Soldato
k thanks, Bethesda I've got an issue with on 3440.1440 monitor so will be looking to play on tv, so sli is less appealing already (fallout 4). I thought next cards would be less of a jump due to new architecture - hence why I jumped on the TI, vega wasn't an option due to NVidia streaming and g sync monitor. Guess i'll wait and see what happens. At least I managed to sell my 1070 for £330, only a loss of £110 for a years gaming, maybe I can pull it off again with selling TI next year.

Ti is perfect for 3440x1440 so I would seriously consider one if you can as it will last a good while.

SLI isn't too bad on FO4/skyrim but by junk I generally mean a poor performing game in the first place even with a single card.

Man of Honour
OP
YvqGus5.jpg
Add me to the list mate :)
picked it up for £719 at a 'launch event' replacing my Ti can't wait to now test it :D

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

wmNyWJD.jpg

Date 18/03/2017, Make EVGA Founders Edition, Tommy_Here, Link
Date 18/03/2017, Make EVGA Founders Edition, ntemples1, Link
Date 17/03/2017, Make MSI Founders Edition, Rossi~, Link
Date 16/03/2017, Make Gigabyte Founders Edition, Ayahuasca, Link
Date 15/03/2017, Make Zotac Founders Edition, Sem, Link
Date 15/03/2017, Make Zotac Founders Edition, Gripen90, Link
Date 15/03/2017, Make Asus Founders Edition, ZeroG, Link
Date 15/03/2017, Make NVidia Founders Edition, atomic7431, Link
Date 15/03/2017, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Glanza, Link
Date 14/03/2017, Make MSI Founders Edition, Choimaloy75, Link
Date 14/03/2017, Make MSI Founders Edition, rtho782, Link
Date 13/03/2017, Make EVGA Founders Edition, tyler_jrb, Link
Date 13/03/2017, Make EVGA Founders Edition, Radox-0, Link
Date 12/03/2017, Make EVGA Founders Edition, Dicehunter, Link
Date 12/03/2017, Make NVidia Founders Edition, The Artfull Bodger, Link
Date 12/03/2017, Make EVGA Founders Edition, khemist, Link
Date 12/03/2017, Make EVGA Founders Edition, dnic77, Link
Date 11/03/2017, Make EVGA Founders Edition, trawetSluaP, Link
Date 11/03/2017, Make EVGA Founders Edition, Xereo, Link
Date 11/03/2017, Make EVGA Founders Edition, madindehead, Link
Date 11/03/2017, Make EVGA Founders Edition, Techen, Link
Date 11/03/2017, Make Asus Founders Edition, bemaniac, Link
Date 11/03/2017, Make EVGA Founders Edition, deFiniLoGy, Link
Date 11/03/2017, Make NVidia Founders Edition, roysters, Link
Date 11/03/2017, Make EVGA Founders Edition, Mean Mr Mustard, Link
Date 11/03/2017, Make Zotac Founders Edition, sk3lph, Link
Date 10/03/2017, Make NVidia Founders Edition, stooeh, Link
Date 10/03/2017, Make NVidia Founders Edition, IT Troll, Link
Date 10/03/2017, Make NVidia Founders Edition, RichardH754, Link
Date 10/03/2017, Make NVidia Founders Edition, RichL, Link
Date 10/03/2017, Make NVidia Founders Edition, traveyb, Link
Date 10/03/2017, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Amatyr, Link
Date 10/03/2017, Make NVidia Founders Edition, X-Mikuru_Beam-X, Link
Date 10/03/2017, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Robzere31, Link
Date 10/03/2017, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Speed, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your GTX 1080 Ti.

Man of Honour
Nvidia Founders Edition in and working, probably the most PITA stock cooler I've ever had to remove. My loop is far too long but I got seriously fed up with it all so put it together again and thought 'that'll do'. Just doing updates and drivers etc. I'm a 3440*1440 user so if anyone wants benchmarks doing then tag me.

ZF63CD8.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom