*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Just had a Sony email Your Play Highlights which was quite interesting. 406 hours most played game since I joined in 2011 - Destiny :o

That's really high for me. Usually 40 or 50 hours on a game I really enjoyed then I tend to move on.

Most played in 2016 was The Division at 56 hours.

Soldato
Completed Last of Us Remastered last night. Absolutely amazing - I think it was worth buying my PS4 Pro just for this game alone... started the Left Behind DLC! :D

Soldato
Just had a Sony email Your Play Highlights which was quite interesting. 406 hours most played game since I joined in 2011 - Destiny :o

That's really high for me. Usually 40 or 50 hours on a game I really enjoyed then I tend to move on.

My most played game is GTAV - 93 hours :O

I did get 100% completion :p

Soldato
I wonder why that is. I don't know why but from the past 15 months I've enjoyed gaming as much as I first got into it on the PC in 1999 for Quake 3. I don't know what it is but its bloody marvellous! That and a bit addicted.

I'm enjoying my PS4 too. Technically it is limited compared to my PC upstairs but there is some cracking games on it and once I immerse myself in the game, the graphics and framerate bothers me very little for the most part. That said, I do find Deus Ex:MD on PS4 to be a bit of a struggle at times. Witcher 3 is also a game that hurts my eyes if I play it after something like Overwatch. I want to get a pro but there isnt any point as I dont have a 4k TV. Can't really afford to do both at the moment. Might wait for Scorpio anyway. My lifestyle as it stands means I spend less and less time on PC. So consoles are my future and bang for buck I think they are superb.

I thought Q3 was rubbish when it first came out and I preferred UT. Went back to Q3 a couple of weeks later, though, and something just clicked. I have played it ever since - along with QL. Back in 1999, Gifford UK servers was where it was at for me (with a bit of barrysworld and wireplay). DM FFA with dial up 280 ping all the way - yeah baby!! :D Kids these days have no idea......... lol People with NTL that thought they were good and raged when they got their arses rocket predicted into oblivion by a HPB :D

Kind of insane to think a game that is nearly 20 years old is still played by so many and is fundamentally the same game other than some weapon balancing. Kind of a shame that Q4 flopped, as a MP game it was pretty great and introduced some dince elements to the arena shooter. Crouch slide, nades bouncing up JP's, teleporters that sent rockts and nades through too.

V F

V F

Soldato
I thought Q3 was rubbish when it first came out and I preferred UT. Went back to Q3 a couple of weeks later, though, and something just clicked. I have played it ever since - along with QL. Back in 1999, Gifford UK servers was where it was at for me (with a bit of barrysworld and wireplay). DM FFA with dial up 280 ping all the way - yeah baby!! :D Kids these days have no idea......... lol People with NTL that thought they were good and raged when they got their arses rocket predicted into oblivion by a HPB :D

:D I was on Barrysworld a lot. Some people recommended Unreal Tournament. I mainly got it for UT Fortress. I think I was spoiled by Q3F.

Kind of insane to think a game that is nearly 20 years old is still played by so many and is fundamentally the same game other than some weapon balancing. Kind of a shame that Q4 flopped, as a MP game it was pretty great and introduced some dince elements to the arena shooter. Crouch slide, nades bouncing up JP's, teleporters that sent rockts and nades through too.

True. I haven't touched Quake 3 since 2005. I'm quite spoiled by todays graphics and elevation on maps if I was to try and go back.

Soldato

The funniest thing about mine was the rarest trophy. I expected it to be from an indie game or for something quite tricky or specific, but no, it was for completing the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier campaign in co-op! Apparently only about 3,250 other people bothered. :D

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm surprised as well with my results. Considering how long I've played 3rd person action/shooters.

Joined 25 December 2007. Mmm 40GB fat PS3. Shiny! It did die on me on 2012. YLOD. :(

115 hours clocked online with PS Plus. Only signed up last April. Puting you in the top 35 percent. Hmm? :s

"THE GAME YOU'VE PUT THE MOST HOURS INTO"
FORMULA 1 CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION
"WITH YOUR TOTAL HOURS TALLIED AT"

In 2016 you really got into Assetto Corsa.
Your hours of play hit: 141

Trophy cabinet puts you in top 5 percent. Somehow doubt that.

Your rarest trophy:
TROPHY NAME:
Endurance
GAME NAME:
ASSETTO CORSA
TROPHY DESCRIPTION:
Drive for two hours in a session

Number of players that share the same trophy. 577

Caporegime
1613 hours playing Destiny. What am I doing with my life lol

I clocked up 1043 hours with Destiny which surprised me as I cannot stand the damn game now. It's been deleted for more than a year.

YOUR RAREST TROPHY
TROPHY NAME: Roller Coaster
GAME NAME: SHADOW COMPLEX REMASTERED
TROPHY DESCRIPTION: Take 20 rides on the mine cart
NUMBER OF PLAYERS YOU SHARE THIS TROPHY WITH: 216

Soldato
May rarest trophy was:

TROPHY NAME:

Back in time for dinner

GAME NAME:

HELLDIVERS

TROPHY DESCRIPTION:

Complete a difficulty 4 or higher mission in 5 minutes or less.

Which I played for one morning with my son and had absolutely no idea what was going on.

Soldato
Something doesn't add up...
HOURS OF ONLINE PLAY CLOCKED UP 754
THE GAME YOU'VE PUT THE MOST HOURS INTO
DESTINY WITH YOUR TOTAL HOURS TALLIED AT 721
IN 2016 YOU REALLY GOT INTO THE DIVISION YOUR HOURS OF PLAY HIT 496

V F

V F

Soldato
Curious... Anyone here replaced their thumbsticks and if you did, did you go for xbox plastic or metal?

Think I might get a load of replacement springs for the triggers. After cleaning both dualshock 4's I'm amazed how rapid the action buttons feel now. Seems a lot of rubber dust made its way inside from those rubber extension thumb covers scraping off the shoulder rim.

Used to wonder how I had this strange tiny delay. Thought it was bluetooth/wireless interference.

Soldato
I've just had like 6 txt messages from Sony saying, 2-step verification is active on your Sony Entertainment Network account. Please visit http://idp.sn/device-password to generate a device setup password to use with your Sony device.

Anyone else had this? Surely doesn't mean someone is trying to log into my account as I would just get a generic code txt message for 2 step. Worth changing my password anyway?

Caporegime
You might get that message if you log in with a PS3 or maybe Vita. Those devices don't recognise two step verification so you have to generate a password on the website. I've never seen that text message though.

Back
Top Bottom