*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
So what External 8tb options do i have for my PS4 besides Seagate ? brands and Prices are what intrests me ?

i might even consider getting a Bare drive and throwing that in a Caddy if that is cheaper and more effective !

Soldato
OK, I caved in and bought a PS4 Pro because most of my friends and some close family are gaming on PSN. :(

I've got Bloodborne, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted series and Rocket League.

Any PS4 Exclusives that I really need to play, having been a PC-only gamer for ages now? I usually play story-driven stuff and enjoy sci-fi/fantasy RPGs/ARPGs.

Also, head hurts at frame rate in Ghost Recon, so used to buttery smooth camera panning on my PC! I've enabled boost mode so maybe that will fix it.

Also, no way to map the DS4 Gyro to fine aim like in Steam, what the hell is this carp? :eek:

Soldato
Seconded. Fantastic from start to finish. A true gem.
Ordered the remastered one, cheers peeps. :)

Despite my initial reservations, I do like the way the social aspect of PSN gaming is done - had some good laughs last night.

I've failed over the years to persuade friends to invest in a decent PC so now feel dirty but it's fun. :)

Soldato
Well after getting a bit bored with what MS has to offer I decided to buy a PS4. I got Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn with it in a deal and have ordered the Last of Us. I'm absolutely loving Uncharted 4, the character animations, general presentation and visuals are all very impressive, particularly for a console game. I'm yet to try Horizon, I want to complete Uncharted first.

V F

V F

Soldato
I did really jump when the light fell. Curse Naughty Dog and those damn generators. It was the same in Uncharted.

Soldato
I wonder if it does/will let you move games between internal and external storage. A modest-sized SSD could be a somewhat more appealing proposition as an internal drive in that case.

SSD is a waste of money by the looks of it. Not the gains expected as it seems it's bottle-necked in the hardware somewhere. I was going to do the same thing until I saw the figures. I may upgrade to a larger conventional/hybrid HDD.. something like this?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...pro-ssd-upgrade-does-sata-3-make-a-difference

http://techgage.com/article/sonys-playstation-4-pro-system-performance-hdd-vs-ssd-testing/2/

Last edited:
Soldato
Why do some people always have this assumption? Bugs me no end.

I was specifically referring to the visuals, not the other two points. As much as I have enjoyed owning my XB1 there is no way it competes with a PC with everything cranked to ultra. Gears 4 looked pretty impressive at times, MGS5 was very pretty, etc, but realistically a PC at ultra settings is always going to outperform. Uncharted 4 is probably the closest graphical comparison I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom