Windows 10

Associate
Waiting on it as well. I'm wanting to do a clean install using the Media Creation Tool as it's been a long time since I did a fresh install.
Does anyone have any info on whether this will be available on the 5th? Or is that just if you are updating?

Soldato
Creators Update is now gone live.

I found out from other forums that Microsoft uploaded new MediaCreationTool and I downloaded it from Microsoft link below and confirmed it is the Creators Update.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...28X590260X7045ed4fcaf9bf3c2dfba696a761fe70)()

NHDHm4x.jpg

Just finished downloaded 64 bit ISO, mounted it and checked the setup file:

oJJDhJw.jpg

That say it all confirmed it is the Creators Update so I will now copy 32 and 64 bit isos to USB stick to install on my laptop, compute stick and Linx tablet. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just updated both my machines at home. One went smooth the other not so smooth.

If you have more than one HDD/SSD in machine you might have same issue I had. It was trying to boot from a device other than the windows boot partition.

I had to disable the HDD's other than the windows one to get it to work.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just updated both my machines at home. One went Smith the other not so smooth.

If you have more than one HDD/SSD in machine you might have same issue I had. It was trying to boot from a device other than the windows boot partition.

I had to disable the HDD's other than the windows one to get it to work.

Hmmm I have 4TB WD Blue HDD and 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SDD. I dont have issue last week, it corrected booted from SDD.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow!

Just tried logging onto my Windows PC and got "We can’t sign into your account error"... Infact got it on every account on the machine, and all opened up to a virgin/new desktop instead of how they should have looked... ie: They had none of their icons/settings etc! And this was after numerous reboots etc.

It's mentioned here - https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-we-cant-sign-into-your-account-error-on-windows/

I was just about to start faffing about - logging onto a second account and running reprofiler - when I instead left the second accound and went back in just to be safe... When all of a sudden they all started working again!

Very, very odd... And very very worrying!

Associate
Creators Update is now gone live.

I found out from other forums that Microsoft uploaded new MediaCreationTool and I downloaded it from Microsoft link below and confirmed it is the Creators Update.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...28X590260X7045ed4fcaf9bf3c2dfba696a761fe70)()

Just finished downloaded 64 bit ISO, mounted it and checked the setup file:

That say it all confirmed it is the Creators Update so I will now copy 32 and 64 bit isos to USB stick to install on my laptop, compute stick and Linx tablet. :)

Thankyou! I've been waiting for this to do a clean install. Downloading right now. Praying it all goes smoothly.

Man of Honour
30mins max.

Seems a bit pointless. I don't have an XBOX, so no use for game streaming, and likewise Paint3D.

I was interested in seeing a revamped Movie Maker with modern video standards support. but there is no movie maker update.

Overall, unimpressed.

Soldato
My anniversary update has been failing to install again and again for months now.

Can I just get the newest version iso (Creators Update?) and wipe->reinstall?

Will it pick up the existing key?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom