The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
Haven't had much luck with the beta bios, can't get my Team Group Dark Pro 3200 ram to boot past anything over 2666. Just get a 00 display on the debug.

Had a play with the timings/command rate but nothing really helped. Any ideas?
try some of the tricks and tips in this video mate
4 mins in they have an actual amd engineer talking you through the ram settings and tricks to get it working (he explains the proODT etc )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZgpHTaQ10k&app=desktop

Associate
sure just relaxed the timings 16 16 16 16 38 72 ...knocked up the power to 1.4 did try 36 and 69 but crashed every now and then .. seems fine now ..
yep and I know theres an extra 16 in there but that's how it works in the bios ..set to xmp then change to 3600 then adjust timings

Associate
Well done Asrock! I had the original X99a/c ITX board and it was great, I've just seen pics and specs from Computex 2017 on the X299 ITX board with quad channel RAM.

You guy do go crazy! Brilliant!

Wow that is crazy. I am however sad to see they've abandoned the yellow scheme for the OC formula boards. :( Now it's a dull gray.

Associate
Finally got this
image.php

Still need more settings :cool:

Soldato
Well done Asrock! I had the original X99a/c ITX board and it was great, I've just seen pics and specs from Computex 2017 on the X299 ITX board with quad channel RAM.

You guy do go crazy! Brilliant!

Asrock R&D certainly deserve an internet beer for the X299 and Ryzen ITX boards. Getting four RAM slots on there is very impressive.

Associate
Is anyone else having horrible performance with the new beta bios on the Taichi?

I've got a 1700 and I can now get 3600mhz (2999 before) from my memory and overclock higher than i could before but timespy gives me 500 points less than I had before, cinebench gives me half the score I had before and if I try a prime or intel burn test, the CPU says its maxing out but it takes ages to complete a cycle and the temps behave like its just taking a leisurely stroll....

I've used the same settings I used before (pstate overclocking from the tech city guide)

hmmm more playing I think.

Associate
I have the same problem. Its all about pstates. It bugged since start. When u OC RAM pstates offten freeze... So for example u run becnh but CPU works in P2 state... Only reboot fix it (sometimes need few reboots in a row), till next freeze :)

Associate
thanks for responding... at least I know i'm not alone :)

Just rolled back to 2.30 (from 2.34) its much better but still 10% slower than the origional Bios I had which was the last official one before 2.00 (but I can't remember exactly which one it was... should have written it down...) I was getting 1693 in cinebench before (3.85ghz) now down to 1504 with exactly the same settings.... beats the 700 I was getting with 2.34 though :)

Back
Top Bottom