The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

ljt

ljt

Soldato
https://mega.nz/#F!fd8QzbRT!pCKai2H8VEJzyilHvf9rnA

Beta bios for Taichi with latest Aegia code.

I have not tested as on the plane to Taiwan buy memory compatibility should improve a lot with this.

I have new 8Pack mems coming post computex Samsung b 4 sticks 32 gig already working prior to this update 3200 c14 ;) I qualified on many boards already.

Hi 8 Pack.

I don't suppose you would know or could find out from your contact with AsRock, if the fix for the disappearing BX100 SSD's that was included in the beta 2.30c BIOS will be incorporated in the final version of that 2.34 beta BIOS you've posted please?

Thanks

Associate
My RAM is currently running at 3600mhz! AMD has delivered! :) it's rated at 3866 so going to try to see if I can manually change the timings to get it faster once I'm confident the current settings are stable.

Associate
XMP 3200 now boots but unusable for my Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Samsung e-die.

Losing USB keyboard/mouse input in Windows/UEFI (Windows still running, not hard lock), rebooting = permanent black screen, requiring power cycle.
CPU-Z shows Command Rate =1 when manually set to 2 or 1 in UEFI, believe this RAM may require 2T for 3200, possible beta bug if correctly reported?

Will now work @ 2933 rather than previous 2666, 3200 may work with a little tweaking.
Mainly interested in IOMMU/PCI Passthrough updates, so off to test that instead though :)

Associate
XMP 3200 now boots but unusable for my Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Samsung e-die.

Losing USB keyboard/mouse input in Windows/UEFI (Windows still running, not hard lock), rebooting = permanent black screen, requiring power cycle.
CPU-Z shows Command Rate =1 when manually set to 2 or 1 in UEFI, believe this RAM may require 2T for 3200, possible beta bug if correctly reported?

Will now work @ 2933 rather than previous 2666, 3200 may work with a little tweaking.
Mainly interested in IOMMU/PCI Passthrough updates, so off to test that instead though :)

I think it might be a beta bug, I was looking at the memory options and noticed that its set in two places and they seem like they can be configured independently, changing one doesn't change the other.

There are the standard memory settings, then in Advanced, AMD CBS, UMC Common Options, DDR4 Common Options, DRAM Controller there is a setting there for the command rate, 1T, 2T or Auto.

Associate
@8Pack

Any chance they have a version for the Fat Pro Gaming as well?

I find it a little frustrating that the Taichi ones come first and then presumably they add the extra LAN stuff later. ;)

I probably should have gone for the cheaper board! ;)

Thanks!

Associate
Gskill 3200 trident z rgb cl16 get only 3066
3200 windows starts to restarts. Try to use slots A1 B1 and A2 B2 the same

Last edited:
Associate
I think it might be a beta bug, I was looking at the memory options and noticed that its set in two places and they seem like they can be configured independently, changing one doesn't change the other.
There are the standard memory settings, then in Advanced, AMD CBS, UMC Common Options, DDR4 Common Options, DRAM Controller there is a setting there for the command rate, 1T, 2T or Auto.
Thanks, hadn't noticed this, sadly this did not seem to change the value reported in Windows, or stability @3200.

Soldato
Haven't had much luck with the beta bios, can't get my Team Group Dark Pro 3200 ram to boot past anything over 2666. Just get a 00 display on the debug.

Had a play with the timings/command rate but nothing really helped. Any ideas?

Associate
Updated to the beta, previously my HyperX was running at 3200 for 16gb. I tried the other 16gb and while 3200 did not work on the xmp profile 1, it does run at 3000 using the second profile. I did not have time to play around to try and get all 32gb to run at 3200.

*Update* Tried the XMP1 profile again and now all 32gb are running stable at 3200. Not sure what I did wrong the first attempt.

Last edited:
Associate
https://mega.nz/#F!fd8QzbRT!pCKai2H8VEJzyilHvf9rnA

Beta bios for Taichi with latest Aegia code.

I have not tested as on the plane to Taiwan buy memory compatibility should improve a lot with this.

I have new 8Pack mems coming post computex Samsung b 4 sticks 32 gig already working prior to this update 3200 c14 ;) I qualified on many boards already.

TUVM, runs smoothly. But lot of bugs in UEFI yet and not enough working settings to go above this
image.php
Any eta for new bios with bugfixes?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom