The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
soc .. 1.2 is as far as I've gone .. pushed dram to 1.55 trying to get 3800 .. din't work :(

now heres a question for others out there ..
is there any advantage to run oc in p state ?? atm I'm at 4ghz 3600mem .. the old way ..
Yes p state is best oc cos you can have c&q at low loads,less heat,voltage,watt cost,life spun in CPU when down clocking at low loads with less vcore.Its throttle on purpose.

Associate
Just a note for anyone trying to change their RAM Command Rate to 2T,

To get Command Rate to work at 2T you need to disable Geardown, otherwise the RAM will default back to 1T automatically.

Both the Command Rate and Geardown configuration settings are found here in BIOS 2.36:

Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DDR4 Common Options\DRAM Controller Configuration

The Command Rate setting is named Cmd2T.

putting cmd2t i lost 2ns in lecancy 3066 i was 77ns went 79ns
running 3200 i gained again drop to 74-75.6ns
Ryzen 5 1600 3624 MHz ASRock X370 Taichi X370 Dual DDR4-3200 16-18-18-38 CR2 75.6 ns
CPU CPU Clock Motherboard Chipset Memory CL-RCD-RP-RAS Read Speed
6x Ryzen 5 1600 HT 3624 MHz ASRock X370 Taichi X370 Dual DDR4-3200 16-18-18-38 CR2 47402 MB/s

i will try for 3333 but i dont believe i will make it with this ram

Associate
1006 Beta feedback for x370 Taichi with Corsair 3200 CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Samsung e-die:
2.34 runs XMP 2933 without further changes, will not run 3200 stable.
2.36 Can't get XMP 2666 even with tweaking (I've used XMP 2666 all prior updates).

Associate
Actually happy to find here someone to share my experience with!
I've gone trough a lot of phases testing 2.34 before and 2.36 after on my X370 TAICHI with my 1600 and CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 CL15-17-17 v5.30 Hynix M single. Spent A LOT of time on these bioses. Time wasted.

First times I booted at 3066 cl16 or even 3200 I was tasting the victory.

I was wrong.

2.34 noticeably had problems syncing dram timings in OC page with Dram timing configuration in AMD submenu in advanced. Manual timings couldn't even being applied correctly, it was basically trash, but let forsee some potential.

2.36 better, no sync problems. But his behaviour is "not scientific". I cannot reproduce same results everytime.

I've pleayed with almost every new settings, including CLDO_VDDP, Geardown and powerdown modes, command rates and ProcODT . Simply not getting a clear scheme.

My best case with my sticks was 3200 CL 18-18-18-38 with timings borrowed from Asus Crosshair VI timings with the help of some guys with same stick as mine who was running 3200 CL16 flawlessy on his Crosshair agesa 1.0.0.6 beta (enough said..) but that with SoC 1.2v, dram at 1.43 (1.5v in windows) so waaaay more than what was needed IMHO.
ProcODT working better were 48ohms and 53.3 ohms but never had full stability (problems sometimes in memtest DOS, sometimes in HCI, sometimes in GSAT, sometimes powerdowns).
I have experienced too a lot of new error codes, wich found to be PCH and Memory related. Also some 00 codes at stock frequencies or OC that I know my CPU is capable of.
I have even tried to input manually every (I mean Every single!) timing totally avoiding XMP reading.

The most important facts that made me SAD :
Not only I gained pratically nothing in AIDA and Maxmemm test going from 2933 to 3200 but most importantly GENERAL PERFORMANCES OF 1.0.0.6 BETAS ARE A COMPLETE MESS.
Ta
ke for example BATTLEFIELD 1, with 2.34-2.36 @ default 2933 there is lag everywhere. It's like data are not properly transmitted among Cpu-Ram-PCIEX (same conditions, gpu utilization down from 85-90% to 72% almost fixed WTF? ) something not right.
And it is clearly visible in Firestrike Physics score too. Not able to get over 55 fps on the physics only.

Regarding SPD, I was beginning to think about buying Thaiphoon to do the same you thought. Writing proper manual timings on a separate profile.
The point is that I don't have an Intel platform to actually verify what the sticks are capable of to be sure the custom-xmp would work properly on the best case scenario, but most importantly, based on what I've seen in these betas, It would have been simply not worth the hassle.

I'm back to stable 2.34 STRONGLY HOPING that asrock engineers have some hynix M chips and got the same feedback as mine.

If any of you here are reading this, please report to asrock engineers . Something is not right in communication between CCXs, RAM and PCIEX . I don't know what. But I am losing performance at the exact same settings as 2.30 agesa 1.0.0.4 bios.

Associate
oile, when i have issues with GPU utilization (like 70% too) in some games i also have much better results in other games. And in real software i got a better performance against 1.3x 2.00 2.30 BIOS versions. Also noticed strange freezes of image in some programs (image freeze but software still doing job fine) like BSOD coming, but then its fine again.

Associate
Actually happy to find here someone to share my experience with!
I've gone trough a lot of phases testing 2.34 before and 2.36 after on my X370 TAICHI with my 1600 and CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 CL15-17-17 v5.30 Hynix M single. Spent A LOT of time on these bioses. Time wasted.

First times I booted at 3066 cl16 or even 3200 I was tasting the victory.

I was wrong.

2.34 noticeably had problems syncing dram timings in OC page with Dram timing configuration in AMD submenu in advanced. Manual timings couldn't even being applied correctly, it was basically trash, but let forsee some potential.

2.36 better, no sync problems. But his behaviour is "not scientific". I cannot reproduce same results everytime.

I've pleayed with almost every new settings, including CLDO_VDDP, Geardown and powerdown modes, command rates and ProcODT . Simply not getting a clear scheme.

My best case with my sticks was 3200 CL 18-18-18-38 with timings borrowed from Asus Crosshair VI timings with the help of some guys with same stick as mine who was running 3200 CL16 flawlessy on his Crosshair agesa 1.0.0.6 beta (enough said..) but that with SoC 1.2v, dram at 1.43 (1.5v in windows) so waaaay more than what was needed IMHO.
ProcODT working better were 48ohms and 53.3 ohms but never had full stability (problems sometimes in memtest DOS, sometimes in HCI, sometimes in GSAT, sometimes powerdowns).
I have experienced too a lot of new error codes, wich found to be PCH and Memory related. Also some 00 codes at stock frequencies or OC that I know my CPU is capable of.
I have even tried to input manually every (I mean Every single!) timing totally avoiding XMP reading.

The most important facts that made me SAD :
Not only I gained pratically nothing in AIDA and Maxmemm test going from 2933 to 3200 but most importantly GENERAL PERFORMANCES OF 1.0.0.6 BETAS ARE A COMPLETE MESS.
Ta
ke for example BATTLEFIELD 1, with 2.34-2.36 @ default 2933 there is lag everywhere. It's like data are not properly transmitted among Cpu-Ram-PCIEX (same conditions, gpu utilization down from 85-90% to 72% almost fixed WTF? ) something not right.
And it is clearly visible in Firestrike Physics score too. Not able to get over 55 fps on the physics only.

Regarding SPD, I was beginning to think about buying Thaiphoon to do the same you thought. Writing proper manual timings on a separate profile.
The point is that I don't have an Intel platform to actually verify what the sticks are capable of to be sure the custom-xmp would work properly on the best case scenario, but most importantly, based on what I've seen in these betas, It would have been simply not worth the hassle.

I'm back to stable 2.34 STRONGLY HOPING that asrock engineers have some hynix M chips and got the same feedback as mine.

If any of you here are reading this, please report to asrock engineers . Something is not right in communication between CCXs, RAM and PCIEX . I don't know what. But I am losing performance at the exact same settings as 2.30 agesa 1.0.0.4 bios.

HI,OILE,
I have been tracking you in the other forum about agesa 1.0.0.6, i saw your efforts,im new in taichi only i week,i tried everything,looked all over.Its been pain to setup oc cpu and memory at once.i got my m-die hynix at 3200 with too much effort,at the begin i was happy just hitting easy 2933 out of the box with xmp,as soon as i tried manual to set my memory my head was ready to explode.I believe am fine now i found my cpu is average hitting 3.925ghz with 1.38vcore memory 3066. new bios will improve things but i hope game developer support customization for ryzens.I settle in 3.6 ghz /3066 which is fine,i wait for gpu high end,i m with 290x.hope zen2 has better imc.For instance i was ready to order kfa2 hof 4000 at 159 eyros but looking allover i came to conclusion that the benefit will not be huge from 3200 that i get from gskill aegis 3000 is in list of taichi support i got it 115euro.

as far for you Bf1,i have no problem at all in gpu utilazation.Classic i have the same problem in crysis 3 and son of rome with windows display timer,i set to 0.5 and i get full speed.Even with my fx8320 i had the same problem and i cant solve it ,i need widows timer tool.I hace win10 pro update 15063.296,ryzen chpset drivers,everythimg updated,windows game mode off,xbox pvr off.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey all, first time owning an Asrock board and have a question about the AB350M Micro ATX board.

I purchased this as it was within my budget along with a Ryzen 1600 and 16gb DDR4 (from the MM on here). Looking in the UEFI, I don't see any setting to change the CPU voltage, I can however change the CPU multiplier. I don't want to up the multiplier if I can't change the voltage. However in Ryzen Master, I do get the option to change both the multiplier and voltage.

Should I have the option for the CPU voltage in UEFI or not and will using Ryzen Master to overclock cause any issues with the board?

Cpu-z shows BIOS version P1.20 and I don't know if that is the latest for the board as it shows as 2.00 and 2.40 on the website.

EDIT: Ignore this, I figured that 2.40 is P2.40 UEFI. Updated and working now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I had an Extreme 4 Gen 3 Z68 once. I accidentally caused it to catch fire because I plugged something into the wrong header. It still worked after and I sold it too. Probably still alive :D

Associate
its on v2.40 :p

first thoughts ............

i opted to reset all bios back to defaults before flashing (good advice guys)
may i say when performing the actual flashing it really took a very long time .....considerably longer than usual bios flashing were talking maybe going on for nearly 4-5 mins
allthough when finished the restart was much fasting than previous 30 second long panicy delays were used to after reset cmos etc
i then entered bios directly checked whats changed etc left it all at default and rebooted into bios again (ive read to do this with ryzen)
save an exited again and was going to let it boot direct to windows
now it performed its own double boot here
e.g. it looked like it cleared bios and was ready to jump to windows log in but rebooted itself once more (i let it do its thing) and second time it went into windows

AND HERE I AM ..................STOCK ! :eek:

off to play with bios now and test the usual overclock is stable eg 3.9 ghz
i will probably quickly test the ram first (it hasnt been an issue at all since first bios flash day one on version 1.6) ram is gskill f4-3200c15d-16gtz

Back
Top Bottom