Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
So,you see console peasants how much you missing? :p:D (s) (owner of nearly all consoles myself and probably going to get XOX :D )
Save your wallets gentleman - Autumn will be quite expensive :D
E3 didnt finished yet,and i already have small list of games im gonna get.

Soldato
Aren't most console games still 30 fps though? Most of the 60 fps ones seem to be remastered versions.

But yeah 60 fps is far nicer than 30 fps especially for shooters, just wish the new consoles would prioritize 60 fps over 4k.

Most are yeah, but nearly all the major new releases are 60. Battlefield, CoD, Dirt, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, Resident Evil etc. If it's a first person shooter it's virtually essential. 60fps is generally catching on quite quick especially compared to the 360/PS3 era now that sites like Digital Foundry are educating a much wider and much more discerning audience than before.

It'll never quite be like the Dreamcast days where pretty much every title worth a damn was 60fps on that platform, but it is on the up.

Associate
Wow nice :)

Just got my key for destiny 2 and redeemed it. Nvidia are doing a promotion on 1080's and 1080ti's purchased so I tried my luck and they gave me one :) I bought my card in May so was way out of timeframe haha

I got my 1080ti quite recently how did you go about doing this mate?

Caporegime
Most are yeah, but nearly all the major new releases are 60. Battlefield, CoD, Dirt, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, Resident Evil etc. If it's a first person shooter it's virtually essential. 60fps is generally catching on quite quick especially compared to the 360/PS3 era now that sites like Digital Foundry are educating a much wider and much more discerning audience than before.

It'll never quite be like the Dreamcast days where pretty much every title worth a damn was 60fps on that platform, but it is on the up.

Ah nice didn't realise those were all 60 fps.

Soldato
First bit of PC footage coming out. Nvidia sauce, so it's very slow and showcasey but at least it's something to look at.

Wow that's awful, is that a demo from 10 years ago ? I don't care what people say if that's truly indicative of the port to PC (or straight code) it certainly doesn't bode well or make me want to rush out and pre-order (which I wouldn't anyway)

Soldato
It's a sneak peak. You can literally look up the rest of the mission on youtube running on consoles. Actual full footage will be on youtube over the next few days since people are allowed to record footage from the nvidia booth at e3.

edit: also weren't you blown out of this thread earlier for drive-by trolling and contradicting yourself by accident? If you really dislike the game for no reason then just don't post, I vividly remember reminding you of that but it seems you just can't help yourself.

Well it looks like your typical bland console fps game. I've watched people playing the first game and this doesn't look anymore advanced or different. Now before I get lynched for the negativity this game is already hyped beyond belief and the new footage must surely make a lot of people just think 'meh' . Sure, on console it's probably going to be decent but as a PC game going up against the plethora of great/classic fps games it wont work. ( also, don't get me started on 'you have to play it with a controller' %^&*(x )

I've played Destiny and it didn't float my boat, good gun play or not.

As for 'typical bland forum troll' sorry if I've upset you flower but criticism of things is quite natural it leads to discussion agreeable or not. Counter-strike, Warframe, Quake, Overwatch, Planetside 2, The Division (loosely) etc etc etc all great 'gun' games to name but a few but alas subjective.

Who knows how the game will turn out, I might even grab it - shocker !!

Look, I've not condemned the game merely stated an opinion based on what I've seen. You don't have to agree with me but don't get all triggered because someone dislikes 'your' game.

Oh and no dedicated servers, sigh!

Soldato
So,you see console peasants how much you missing? :p:D (s) (owner of nearly all consoles myself and probably going to get XOX :D )
Save your wallets gentleman - Autumn will be quite expensive :D
E3 didnt finished yet,and i already have small list of games im gonna get.

New xbox sounds epic tbh. But yeah, there are a ton for me as well lol!

I got my 1080ti quite recently how did you go about doing this mate?

I went on Amazon chat and said to them I had seen these links:

https://www.cclonline.com/page/destiny-2-geforce-gtx-bundle/
https://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/10series/destiny-2-bundle/

And asked them how would I go about finding out if I was eligible and then getting the key. 5 minutes later he comes back and pastes a key in the chat and emails it to me as well lol!!

Another guy tried it and wasn't quite so lucky - got referred to Nvidia, then Nvidia referred him back to amazon - apparently amazon are out of keys which I doubt.

Have already redeemed the code and Destiny 2 is sitting in blizzard app under redeemed :)

Associate
Wow that's awful, is that a demo from 10 years ago ? I don't care what people say if that's truly indicative of the port to PC (or straight code) it certainly doesn't bode well or make me want to rush out and pre-order (which I wouldn't anyway)

*sigh*

Bungie's Community Manager "DeeJ" confirmed during the Gamespot interview that the PC version of Destiny 2 will NOT be a console port. Sauce

Looks miles better with JackFrags playing:

Soldato
*sigh*

Bungie's Community Manager "DeeJ" confirmed during the Gamespot interview that the PC version of Destiny 2 will NOT be a console port. Sauce

Looks miles better with JackFrags playing:

Buttery smooth. It looks amazing.

I'm really interested to know what spec is required to run the game on ultra/4K. The temptation to change from i5 to i7 and 1070 to 1080Ti is starting to become overwhelming now :D

Gee

Gee

Soldato

I'm really interested to know what spec is required to run the game on ultra/4K. The temptation to change from i5 to i7 and 1070 to 1080Ti is starting to become overwhelming now :D

I understand this was ran on an OC'd 7700k, 1080Ti and 16GB RAM.

Associate

I changed from 1070 to 1080Ti - if you have 4K mon,its really worth it.I made a mistake and got 34" mon,now i want bigger :D

Soldato

I believe it was run on 4k with a single 1080ti at the initial event on Medium settings and had a solid 60fps throughout. This is second hand information of course, but the reports were generally positive regarding optimisation. And considering Nvidia have partnered it should be a win :)

EDIT: + multi GPU support.

Back
Top Bottom