Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
It's quite funny as people particularly on Reddit keep trying to delve into backstory and stuff like it's written in stone.

Bungie's making it up as they go along, Lightfall was a commercial disaster so hopefully the cheesy, woke-style nonsense will be replaced by some hard hitting stuff with some chest hair.

Soldato
It's quite funny as people particularly on Reddit keep trying to delve into backstory and stuff like it's written in stone.

Bungie's making it up as they go along, Lightfall was a commercial disaster so hopefully the cheesy, woke-style nonsense will be replaced by some hard hitting stuff with some chest hair.
Yeah, Bungie forcing their wokeness on the game was jarring as far as the story went. Neomuna and everything that goes with it is so out of place and hardly any of it makes any sense.

That doesn't bother me too much though but but Lightfall ruined the balance by making difficulty scale with power level on patrol there. I also hated the introduction of guardian ranks that reset each season.

The removal of the pinnacle grind at the start of a new season once you were at max level took away any incentive for me to log on. I kinda liked that bit but I think I'm in the minority there as the community seemed to be wanting rid of it.

The final straw for me was the obvious neglect of the core playlists. The whole game just feels like Bungie just can't be bothered anymore and are doing the bare minimum just to support the seasons and Eververse, plus they're eventually nerf anything that's remotely fun. Then they brought in fishing ffs! :/

It's a shame seeing what it's become really as my fondest gaming memories are from things like hanging out in Vault of Glass, soloing Crota's End in Destiny 1 and doing Prison of Elders with some guys form on here.

I just want Destiny 1 back in 4k at a decent framerate. I'll even run laps of the moon for helium filaments like the old days if that's what it takes.

Last edited:
Associate
I've really been enjoying D2 but have had countless Crash To Desktops since this week's patch... barely an hour without it crapping out, no error message.

nVidia drivers are up to date.
Validated the Steam installation.

It's really killing the game for me... ruins whatever I was part way through and takes several minutes to log back into the game :(

Soldato
Burn out with D2 is a real thing...

I only restarted in the last couple of weeks after taking a ~5 month hiatus. Made a vow to myself to not bother with stupid stuff (e.g., not chasing ridiculous triumphs, not spamming activities like Strikes just for the sake of it, basically only sticking to the story-driven content and the odd dungeon/raid with clan mates).

Aim is to not end up resenting it as a time sink, and to protect time for other games!!

Soldato
Do you think in Witch Queen, Beyond Light & Lightfall there will be enough content to not give in to buy the latest DLC coming out until it drops to under a tenner in price?

I feel like I might need to start a new character I've not played it for so long.

Someone said they screwed the game with the last DLC and they moved to Warframe. Not really played Warframe.

Dunno what I'm missing with games, always never get into them, maybe it's the social aspect, never really collabed on games, maybe that's what I'm missing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you think in Witch Queen, Beyond Light & Lightfall there will be enough content to not give in to buy the latest DLC coming out until it drops to under a tenner in price?

That depends entirely on your self-control dude :cry: but yes, there is a pretty decent slug of content in those three expansions.

Not sure you'll see any crazy sale on the newest expansion until 2025 though tbh (it's coming out in early June).

Back
Top Bottom