• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
BTW, have defo settled on 3.9. am running 1.4V to be safe. Temps weren't even breaking 60 today in few hours realbench.

Ram is still fine at 3066, 15-17-17-17-36. not even bothering with secondary timings.

I did try lowering soc voltage to auto (1.55v) from 1.2v, but got a black screen - so on 1.175v and llc 2. SOC semes to need much juice am- guessing cause of 64Gb

Glad its working as it should. It has tested you more than most!
I think you are asking a lot of it with 64gb of memory :)

Soldato
Glad its working as it should. It has tested you more than most!
I think you are asking a lot of it with 64gb of memory :)

I'm inclined to think of it more as an issue with imc, as it even happened at stock 2400mhz ram.

If it's a general 64gb thing, they should be upping that voltage a lot more automatically.

Soldato
I'm inclined to think of it more as an issue with imc, as it even happened at stock 2400mhz ram.

If it's a general 64gb thing, they should be upping that voltage a lot more automatically.

They've got the whole voltage wrong imo.
Have you seen what it sets the vcore at auto? At some points it was spiking to 1.5. Whilst this may be safe for brief periods, I'd prefer it not to!

Soldato
Prime95 is far from useless. It's a brilliant stress test for high CPU and RAM load. I've had it fail when others have passed.
There's no one stress test to make you certain of stability, they stress differently and your reason for instability may be different to another person's. Pick a range of tools and more importantly, use your PC normally.
If you're passing hours of Prime95 and IBT AVX fails quickly then something still isn't right, unstable cache, DF or CPU power related maybe? Could be a number of things.

This is why I suggest a few, including HCI Memtest of at least 250% to start with but ideally 500% as that's what HCI seem as minimum recommended.
RealBench is a good'n too as this loads the whole PC taking GPU load as well as CPU can help identify power delivery and stability issues you may find during gaming. It's a better real-world test.

P.S. I think your period/full stop key is broken.

Caporegime
HCI is golden. I kept passing hours of Prime95 blend but HCI kept finding memory errors, even after 400% coverage. I'm now using this solely to tune my memory and will use small FFT in Prime to get the CPU Vcore stable.

Passed 4000% coverage last night on 4.025G and 3200Mhz CL14-14-14-34-1T Gear Down enabled so i can confirm that is 100% stable.

Soldato
I must be doing something wrong where hci is concerned... I have just finished a 12 hour run, and while some of the had reached over 500%, some had only reached around 300%

How long do you run it to get 4000%?

Though am sure you don't have 64gb, reaching 4000 for me would probably take several days.

Soldato
I must be doing something wrong where hci is concerned... I have just finished a 12 hour run, and while some of the had reached over 500%, some had only reached around 300%

How long do you run it to get 4000%?

Though am sure you don't have 64gb, reaching 4000 for me would probably take several days.

3500% for 16gb took around 8 hours if I remember correctly.
Quadruple of what I have, expect a weekend of it :)

Soldato
I ran 15 instances of 850 each and 1 for all unused memory. The idea is one instance per thread.
They were all different but ranging from the 3000%-4000%
With the unused sat at just under 1000%

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Dropping 3200 from 3333 does seem to have helped boot looping so going to run the right timings from gupstergs thread on the other board and see if I can get them stable

Ste

Ste

Soldato
1080p still seems to be benched as there are a lot of high refresh screens that are only really affordable to the masses at 1080p. Once you get to 1440p 144hz gsync the price goes through the roof.

Overwatch and quake champions on my 144hz secondary monitor are two games I'm pretty confident would run a lot better with a 5ghz 7700k, but ryzen is still the platform of choice for me :)

Soldato
1080p still seems to be benched as there are a lot of high refresh screens that are only really affordable to the masses at 1080p. Once you get to 1440p 144hz gsync the price goes through the roof.

Overwatch and quake champions on my 144hz secondary monitor are two games I'm pretty confident would run a lot better with a 5ghz 7700k, but ryzen is still the platform of choice for me :)

Actually, according to mindblanktech on YouTube his 3.9 1700 beats his 5ghz 7700k in overwatch with a 1080(ti?)

I Would LOVE a key if you have one please and would be eternally greatful....... (pretty please can I have one if you have one spare)

Sure I'll send one over when I get in from work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom