• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
@gavinh87 Thanks for the AIDA code, just ordered the 3600mhz Kingston Pred sticks - the 4000mhz are not in the UK stock yet. Chucked them in, set 3600 in BIOS, voltage to 1.35v and timings in just as listed 17-17-17 for the initial test. Booted first time no problems, AIDA tests show reasonable performance bar the read tests which i'll have to look in to - any ideas? Havent messed with much yet or tested at the higher CPU speed of 4.1 (I just leave it at 4.0 for 24/7).

Thinking about it I did run it with SMT disabled (forgot it was) so that might impact read speed?

Capture2_zps4mlfthly.png

Soldato
Well I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 and it is much faster! I highly recommend that no one takes the lazy option like I did and just plug your hard drive in to boot from your old copy of Windows :). A fresh install is the way forward!

Get back to us once you finished installing all the apps you use :)

Soldato
@gavinh87 Thanks for the AIDA code, just ordered the 3600mhz Kingston Pred sticks - the 4000mhz are not in the UK stock yet. Chucked them in, set 3600 in BIOS, voltage to 1.35v and timings in just as listed 17-17-17 for the initial test. Booted first time no problems, AIDA tests show reasonable performance bar the read tests which i'll have to look in to - any ideas? Havent messed with much yet or tested at the higher CPU speed of 4.1 (I just leave it at 4.0 for 24/7).
Thinking about it I did run it with SMT disabled (forgot it was) so that might impact read speed?

Be interested to see what difference it makes pulling the speed back to 3333MHz with timings 14-14-14-34 for comparison.

Soldato
Be interested to see what difference it makes pulling the speed back to 3333MHz with timings 14-14-14-34 for comparison.

Yeah, strange the write speed is so low - just improved the timings and same thing but better write speeds. Interestingly L1 and L3 cache drops... Really need to get in to the mass of settings and dial it in though - quick CB run and its scoring quite a bit lower...

Capture3_zpskfievgb5.png

Soldato

Capture2_zps4mlfthly.png

Ah yeah, there is a bug when going above 3600 which impact read speeds. I'll try to find the fix. In the mean time see if that is stable either using AIDA or HCI

Soldato
Make sure this is set to 1.
Credit for image goes to gupsterg

Ah yes I remember reading the same! Just been messing with the settings and I think the L1/L3 issue and CB score was just SMT not being enabled when i set it back to 'Auto', set to Enabled now works. 3333mhz posts some pretty decent results but will not boot at mega low timings...

Will try this and run it again - cheers!

Can't be bothered to try loads this evening but here you go:

Capture4_zpsbf6s8zly.png

Soldato
Make sure this is set to 1.
Credit for image goes to gupsterg

Capture1_zps7vkaxy26.png

Sorted yep... Actually now its just beat my previous CB score without actually putting the CPU on 4.1 (or 4.15) as it was before so clearly improved! There is probably some room in the timings. Memory defaults to 2T if I set gear down disabled and will not post on forcing 1T so whatever that does its better on Auto.

So far so good, pretty happy with my tester non-xmas tree RAM.

Edit: Couldnt resist testing with CPU at 4.1, CB score smashed but AIDA wont complete that bench. I already knew I need more volts and probably a few more setting tweaks to be totally stable at 4.1 (1.45v) but this is why I don't use it outside of benching ;)

Capture2_zpstqnwtsov.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Upgraded my CH6 BIOS to 1403 from 1401, now running Stilts 3466 memory profile, my AIDA65 and CB scores have improved nicely, running a RealBench test at the moment, also managed to fix my FSB to 100, the DRAM and Core needed a little more volts.

Associate
I am awaiting delivery on a Ryzen 5 1600 CPU which was intended to be a secondary PC build for Plex etc, out of interest how would it perform in a gaming PC setup geared towards 4K? Currently have a 5820K setup, performance would take a dip with the Ryzen wouldnt it?

Soldato
I am awaiting delivery on a Ryzen 5 1600 CPU which was intended to be a secondary PC build for Plex etc, out of interest how would it perform in a gaming PC setup geared towards 4K? Currently have a 5820K setup, performance would take a dip with the Ryzen wouldnt it?

Are you overclocking now?

Probably slightly lower maximums and higher minimums, depending on the frequencies that you can get from the 1600 setup and your graphics card capability.

Associate
You won't see any differences, 4k/60hz if you have good GPU(s) it will be locked at 60fps, if you have weaker GPU you can use i3 and it will give you the same amount fps at this res.

Soldato
Hey guys, anyone here with the Asus Prime 350 Plus not able to update their BIOS?

I've tried all the versions available, tried EZ Update, Online, USB, formatted the USB to FAT32 several times, and tried all the USB ports. It keeps saying they aren't proper BIOSs.

It's extremely frustrating, and tried different region downloads, on different PCs, and different USB sticks, and renaming the BIOS as well.

kzVhk6P.jpg
og7jvoH.jpg
D1KKnwV.jpg

Back
Top Bottom