• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Has it not already pretty much been confirmed that vega will be very good for pricing especially considering the performance? i.e. hinting at it being better than 1080 pricing?

But no, if a 1080 type of performance came in at the same price then I will be disappointed, like I have said all along, the 1080/1070/1080ti's are complete rip offs so for AMD to come a year late and ask for the same price (well actually when the 1080s etc. launched, they were cheaper than what they are now iirc.....), no thanks, either I will just skip PC upgrades/gaming all together until things get better or pick up a cheap second hand card from the MM for any PC gaming.

If PC gaming was worth the expense then I would have no problem paying up to £700, but as it is, there is no way I will drop £400+ on a GPU just to be able to get 10-15 fps more in ****** optimized games that offer barely any better graphics over the ps4 pro/xbox one x versions.
Saved me painfully typing on my phone,
Great points made.

Caporegime
Vega has been officially released. It's not supposed to be a rumour now.

Also, AMD have been hyping it. Forums and clickbait sites have been hyping it a lot more, but AMD have been hyping it.

Show me amd hyping it? Showing numbers for games would be hyping it with lots of games benchmarked, just showing games with no fps overlay doesn't say much.

Also the gaming iteration of the card hasn't been released, the oddball "prosumer" card has.

Associate
This is one step up from "If you stand on the right street corner wearing the right hat and give the right response when a masked person whispers the secret phrase in your ear you will be given the passphrase to a secret room where you'll get a card if you're the 17th person to ask that day but you're not allowed to talk about it".

This exactly what happened to me last week ..how did you know this ?

Where not supposed to talk about it .

:p

Associate
Show me amd hyping it? Showing numbers for games would be hyping it with lots of games benchmarked, just showing games with no fps overlay doesn't say much.

Also the gaming iteration of the card hasn't been released, the oddball "prosumer" card has.

raja literially said "poor Volta" when talking about Vegas performance.

he also said when asked about the prey demo "it was running comfortably above 60 and faster than any single gpu in the world"

also

#makesomenoise
#radeonrebellion

all from amds marketing.

Associate
FE is not the gaming card.

it's Vegas titan x, so rx vega isn't going to be any faster except maybe slightly higher clockspeeds due to not having a blower design.

the rx vega is going to be the same gpu, half the hbm, and have the same drivers, it's not going to magically gain the 40% it needs to match a 1080ti.

Caporegime
raja literially said "poor Volta" when talking about Vegas performance.

he also said when asked about the prey demo "it was running comfortably above 60 and faster than any single gpu in the world"

also

#makesomenoise
#radeonrebellion

all from amds marketing.

Radeon rebellion has been around since just before the 480 launched. "Poor volta" was also something that appeared in the same commercial for radeon rebellion. That commercial is now over a year old. As for prey, according to raja it was ran with 2 vega RX gpu's.

https://twitter.com/GFXChipTweeter/status/869895814545514497

Associate
Pro app results suggest that is card sits between p5000 and p6000 which is good actually. Maybe gaming drivers aren't ready yet...

the solidworks and cad benchmarks put it around p4000 level.

So around 100fps with maxed out GPU usage and Hair Works off.. That doesn't look great and I think is lower than GTX 1080.
Also 81C at ~4400rpm wow...

according to guru3d, a 1080 will net you 105fps average, a 1080ti will net you 140fps in tw3 ultra hairworks off at 1080p.

that's with them at stock clocks too.

Associate
Pro app results suggest that is card sits between p5000 and p6000 which is good actually. Maybe gaming drivers aren't ready yet...

New tech and arc is often a mess with drivers to catch up.
sli didnt work for over a year with Vista so anyone that bought 2x580 was basically sitting with paper weights.

as far I can tell, RX Vega with watercooling looks like a beast

Caporegime
So around 100fps with maxed out GPU usage and Hair Works off.. That doesn't look great and I think is lower than GTX 1080.
Also 81C at ~4400rpm wow...

It is around 1080 performance:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_1080_Gaming_X_Plus_11_Gbps/25.html

Although that is blood and wine DLC, trying to find benchmarks at 1080P with no hairworks now but I don't think the performance for the DLC was that much different to the main game.

And given that his system is a mITX, I'm not surprised at the temps and fan speed, doesn't the FE of the 1080 also run pretty damn hot and loud?

Caporegime
ffs this is getting silly now, it should only be available to adults :D

Yup if it is good for mining....... it's not going to bode well for vega's launch :( Even with gibbos/ocuks so called 1070/1080 etc. "bargains", GPUs are still priced silly high so vega will probably release at a higher than anticipated price now (especially when every other card has limited to no stock with high demand) and as a result, reviews will probably not be as favorable, if so, then damn..... AMD just can't catch a break!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom