Oculus Rift

Associate
Parcelforce are delivering my Rift today. Do I just skip the Xbox pad setup and go right to touch or is it needed. Already have a Xbox elite pad and wireless dongle installed on the pc.

Associate
its visually a bit better but the reaction time to movement is better and much more accurate, the main thing is the touch controllers add a massive amount of realism, in robo recall you can lift the guns up and look at them as if they're real. In rift you can crouch down and lean forward to look at things or around them.

I'll second this, whilst the Gear VR allows you to simply look around only, the addition of full positional tracking of the headset and hands with the Rift puts the system in a whole different league to the phone based headsets. I've got both (a gen 1 Gear VR for my S7 and a rift). I very much doubt the Gear VR will ever come out of the box again.

As per quote above, Robo Recall is an excellent game!

OcUK Staff
So for anyone from the UK that ordered within the last few days from Oculus, It looks like shipping will commence in or around the 31st of this month.

It looks like it for our stock too. I expect as each plane lands with stock it'll get shared out to everyone with orders on at the distributors. I've got orders on with them all so hopefully we'll be amongst the first with them. We'll be fulfilling on a first pre-ordered, first shipped basis:

Ultimate Oculus Bundle - Oculus Rift Headset and Oculus Touch Controllers @ £399.00 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Ulti...t-and-Oculus-Touch-Controllers-VR-005-OR.html

The Oculus Rift is unlike anything you've ever experienced. Whether you're stepping into your favourite game or watching an immersive VR film you'll feel like you're really there.

Only £399.00 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
Just set mine up. First Time VR user.

HOLLY AMAZEBALLS!

Do not judge VR before you try VR...,

i thought i knew what it would be like but i was just mind blown, it was almost overwhelming at first, absolutely spectacular. I have NEVER had a gaming experince like it, absolutely wipes the floor with anything else ive tried.

My non gaming GF tried it and picked up the controls straight away for the touch controller, i think we as games can take for granted how difficult it is for non games to understand a gamepad.

Ive only done the First Contact demo, Google Earth and ISS demo but even that has left me almost speechless. Going to try Robo Recall now and then try and get Steam VR setup

Looking forwards to hearing your impression of robo recall, which is possibly my top gaming experience.

Soldato
Just set mine up. First Time VR user.

HOLLY AMAZEBALLS!

I love reading first time user impressions :)

You thought those were good, Wait until you try Robo Recall!! Your mind will explode!!

And I know you might not like Table Tennis, but, get Eleven Table Tennis. It's the most "real" thing that I have done in VR.

Soldato
+1 for the table tennis, think i saw you recommend it early so picked it up and it's very good, although i'm struggling with serving.

I had two problems with serving, the first was I hadn't adjusted the bat properly. Spend some time with this and get it right. Get it as near as possible to how an actual bat would feel in your hand.

My second problem was mental :p I wasn't serving like it was a real bat and ball. Once I stopped thinking about it as VR and started treating it like a real table tennis my serve improved.

If you ever want a game sometime add me as friends on Steam.

Soldato
I seem to be faulting on the serve every time, tried bouncing before i hit it, tried hitting it my side first, probably should just look up the rules of it :D

mr_cookie73 hopefully it wont be like a game of squash i had with a chap on another forum, found out after he played for england :D

Soldato
Been playing all night, it's incredible and one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

I also tried Project cars in VR and while being in the cockpit is cool it's waaay to blurry and I can hardly see upcoming corners due to the blur, is that normal ?
Welcome to the vr club. Project cars is blurry until you up the supersampling I run it at 2.6 sharpens up the image a lot.

Soldato
Upping the sampling is night and day. I reinstalled steam VR last week and was defaulted to 0 after playing on 1.5 for nearly a year, it looked awful:o.

Id still say Assetto has it in visual terms over PC though, if that's your angle. For racket games, id highly recommend you try Racket NX, and keep an eye on High Clear VR (badminton), to see if it develops in to something more than just an exhibition match up. High Clear plays great, but isn't worth it's price yet.

Soldato
It looks like it for our stock too. I expect as each plane lands with stock it'll get shared out to everyone with orders on at the distributors. I've got orders on with them all so hopefully we'll be amongst the first with them. We'll be fulfilling on a first pre-ordered, first shipped basis:

Ultimate Oculus Bundle - Oculus Rift Headset and Oculus Touch Controllers @ £399.00 inc VAT

The Oculus Rift is unlike anything you've ever experienced. Whether you're stepping into your favourite game or watching an immersive VR film you'll feel like you're really there.

Only £399.00 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Just curious but will ALL orders be honored by OCUK or would people be getting orders cancelled ? I only ask as I've seen a few people on the Oculus forums get their orders cancelled for no obvious reason, My guess is because Oculus underestimated the sale.

Associate
I only ask as I've seen a few people on the Oculus forums get their orders cancelled for no obvious reason, My guess is because Oculus underestimated the sale.
Oculus have always been really aggressive when it comes to fraud prevention, to the detriment of honest potential customers sometimes. People have had orders cancelled in the past because they tried giving their work address to get it shipped to, but because that obviously wouldn't match with their personal card details, order cancelled. Reorder to their home address, and everything was ok.

At least two people have followed up posts though on r/oculus saying it was actually their bank thinking it was a potential fraud, so they had to clear that up with the bank itself.

Back
Top Bottom