Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
So after collecting my ST a few weeks back I reported a nasty stone chip on the end of the bonnet. To my amazement Evans halshaw phoned me back today and they are going to repaint my whole bonnet! Shocked as I thought the dealer would touch it up with a paint pen. I wonder if it's because I'm in the first two weeks of ownership and they are worried I will ask for a refund?! It is only 10 months old so I'm not complaining but astounded more than anything!

Associate
Nah, just get them to repaint the whole thing. They're just as likely to mess up the pen. If it isn't a perfect match, send it back for them to do it again. Mine is MO, and the paint chips are never ending, good luck hero.

Associate
I had a dint removed from the side of my molten orange st2 by my local ford garage. They said they had never had a problem matching the paint. The work they did was brilliant. Not a sign of where they painted and it was a large part of the side panel behind the door.

Caporegime
So after collecting my ST a few weeks back I reported a nasty stone chip on the end of the bonnet. To my amazement Evans halshaw phoned me back today and they are going to repaint my whole bonnet! Shocked as I thought the dealer would touch it up with a paint pen. I wonder if it's because I'm in the first two weeks of ownership and they are worried I will ask for a refund?! It is only 10 months old so I'm not complaining but astounded more than anything!

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

I had the exact same thing(a bad chip on the end of the bonnet on collection) and it was a nightmare. They tried countless times to paint it but it was never right and never as good as the factory finish. In the end I pushed and pushed them and got them to swap the bonnet with another race red Fiesta, which fortunately matched perfectly.

From their attempts their were runs in the lacquer, dust trapped under the lacquer etc. Ultimately, a dealers bodyshop, unless you get very very lucky, just won't give you a factory finish and a factory finish is what you should expect from a new car.

I really would advise against getting your brand new car resprayed. Try and get some money off or an extended warranty/service pack or something instead.

Edit - just seen it is not brand new, I still would advise against it.

Soldato
DON'T DO IT!!!!!

I had the exact same thing(a bad chip on the end of the bonnet on collection) and it was a nightmare. They tried countless times to paint it but it was never right and never as good as the factory finish. In the end I pushed and pushed them and got them to swap the bonnet with another race red Fiesta, which fortunately matched perfectly.

From their attempts their were runs in the lacquer, dust trapped under the lacquer etc. Ultimately, a dealers bodyshop, unless you get very very lucky, just won't give you a factory finish and a factory finish is what you should expect from a new car.

I really would advise against getting your brand new car resprayed. Try and get some money off or an extended warranty/service pack or something instead.

Edit - just seen it is not brand new, I still would advise against it.

Thanks mate, you've helped make my mind up, I will just get it touched up or see if they will compensate me.

Caporegime
Thanks mate, you've helped make my mind up, I will just get it touched up or see if they will compensate me.

yes I wouldn't. If it isn't very big, I would just live with it. You could have them do a crap job, and still get a stone hit it on your way home!

Soldato
Going to see a used ST3 from a ford dealer tonight. Any general tips on what to look out for on used models?

It's around 20k miles, so will have a bit of general wear on it, but keen to spot anything that could be a warning sign of poor care.

Soldato
Hi guys - wondering if anyone could shed any light on a problem I've noticed today. When changing gear and then accelerating I get a small clunk noise, at the point of changing gear and often (but not always) when I then start to accelerate. I don't get any other noise when I'm then driving, but it appears very noticeable between 1st - 3rd gear especially. Going to try and get it booked into a dealer but it's only done 2700 and I've had the car 3 weeks so a bit miffed really.

Soldato
Put down the deposit over the weekend for a blue ST3 with 8,000 miles on.

Picking it up next Monday, very excited! Took a long time to decide which car to get and when to do it, but I'm glad I've finally made the decision. Now the long week's wait...

Caporegime
Hi guys - wondering if anyone could shed any light on a problem I've noticed today. When changing gear and then accelerating I get a small clunk noise, at the point of changing gear and often (but not always) when I then start to accelerate. I don't get any other noise when I'm then driving, but it appears very noticeable between 1st - 3rd gear especially. Going to try and get it booked into a dealer but it's only done 2700 and I've had the car 3 weeks so a bit miffed really.

Gearchange is a bit noisy and clunky and low speeds, 'they all do that mate'. No harm in getting it checked.

Associate
Yeah they all do it to some extent, or will eventually. You can really push and get the driveshafts replaced if you want to, but the reality is 6 months later it'll just start doing it again. Seems like a manufacturing issue.

Soldato

It can be the rear motor mount, they are pretty crap, have a look at the difference between oem and an after market one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfQUrLCX-MM

Back
Top Bottom