Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Well people keep mentioning that we should have a thread to discuss are Fiesta ST's in. Seen as no one seems to be doing one, i may as well get the ball rolling...

I own a 2005 red Fiesta ST. It has a K&N kit on it and other than that it is completely standard.

Pic:

2011-05-25152322.jpg

It as been a great car to own and as made my 70mile a day round trip a lot more fun and comfy. The only niggle i have with the car is the fact it is red, which means a lot more work is needed to keep its colour looking good.

Lets discuss Fiesta ST's... :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Is it all that comfy for long journeys then? I'd have though they'd be rather stiff suspension wise and not really geared for motorway cruising - but maybe i'm wrong :)

I can really only compare it to a 98 EJ9 Civic and a Merc Sprinter for constant long distance driving. Which i can truly say, the ST is a lot more comfy at! More comfy than i expected it to be before buying one.

Though i have driven in one with Apex Springs and can imagine that being a backbreaking drive up and down the M1 every day. (main reason why mine hasn't been lowered)

DAndan, looking forward to the pics! Though im sure you'll be hooning it about all night ;)

Soldato
OP
also, quite like the ST logo on the front grille of yours Rybo89
how did you attach that?
assuming it is just one from ford parts or something?

Ebay mate, search 'ST badge' and look for a person from Ireland selling them with lots feedback. He is highly recommended for them, on the ST forums.

Would link you but i am on my phone.

Also very easy to fit, just a case of unclipping the grill, attaching the ST logo and little back plates and bolts then putting the grill back on. Took me 5 min to do and makes a big difference imo.

Soldato
OP
JamesM i think i come across one of your threads the other day somewhere on the internet. Sure i searched 'Red St Black stripes' and it found your ST thread.

Can see you have spent plenty of money on it, looks brill!

Soldato
OP
Im the opposite, i prefer the front more than the back?

Though i do have to agree that i think it does look to red. I was actually looking for a white background with red Ford logo but i couldn't find it so went with red and crome.

I have the full fat ott white viper stripes from DMB sat in a box on the back seat ready to go on. Just not sure at moment if to leave it naked or not though.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nice looking cars, what are these like in the real world compared to a Civic Type R (EP3) or a Clio 182??

Not as fast on the corners from standard but a lot more of a practical car for every day use imo. I did want a Civic type R but i am glad i got the ST as it is just right for the job i do.

Also can get silly figures from a ST with some money thrown into the car.

A guy who goes by the name of Kaxe on FordfiestaST was pushing 350BHP from his Fiesta ST. Silly mad figures for such a little car! Though he as now sold it and bought a new RS.

Soldato
OP
james how often do you find your self respraying the plastics? Heard they chip real easy?

Lovely looking ST you got there! Though it as the wrong ST forum sticker logo :p

Soldato
OP
I find Fordfiestast.co.uk the best forum.

You have to pay a donation to all the ST forums to get full access which is very much worth it as they all have traders/insurers on them which give us brilliant deals :)

EDIT: DAnDan, the car looks good mate! Enjoy ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Got my mud flaps through today. Only ones you can get are these gratuitously big rally ones. Hopefully they'll look alright on the car. Coming from a 1.4 mark 6 before they do really need mud flaps to protect the arches, side of the car and under the car.

Get some pics up when they are on.

I am considering buying some colarado red mudflaps but they are 100 quid which i think is a bit steep for some plastic....then a extra £25+ to have the ST sign put on them.

Soldato
OP
Recommend you get some decent tyres on it though! Still half asleep here and forgot what mine are called but they are amazing on dry roads, specially when it is hot. But very deadly when it is wet, its like im driving on ice sliding about every where trying to stop car from leaving the road.

Its all fun though :)

Soldato
OP
A good quality induction kit is a must!

I got my K&N 57i kit and cold feeds for a steal (£65) in a group buy over at fordfiestast forums.

You get so much better acceleration response with a kit on aswell and it sound awesome.

Soldato
OP
I removed my stripes with a hair dryer and got the residue off with some petrol and elbow grease. Then obviously triple wax shampoo'ed the car and then t-cut then some colour restorer wax and every thing went ok.

Also you will be totally fine with blue, silver cars. I have the worst fading colour and managed to sort the stripe fade.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
got my gel overlays today. silly question...

do they just go over the top of the oem badges?
any specific way to apply them?

would have thought they would come with some kind of instructions or something :rolleyes:

Yes mate.

My ford badges was a bit rough so i sanded mine down carefully, then cleaned the badge's with window cleaner, then applied the new gel overlays. Once you have them on nice and straight, rub them fast so the friction from rubbing them warms them up till you hand starts burning.

Then take some pics and show us.

Soldato
OP
Well i have just ordered a full alloy wheel repair kit for £25. Got quoted £300+ to have my wheels refurbed and powder coated white.

May as well have a crack at it my self and if i do mess it up ill just get them done properly. Don't fancy splashing out £300+ though on getting the wheels to look tidy, as i might end up just selling my car on a friday and picking a white ST up on a weekend. Keep checking pistonheads/autotrader and i do think it will happen lol.

Back
Top Bottom