The iOS11 Thread

Soldato
I have no doubt its the battery but it was more efficient on nougat than Oreo now.

For the first time I'm out using my 6P for the 6S in every day usage not just for battery life but for everything.

Strange - I’m finding stand by time better on my nexus 6P than my iPhone 7. I have random apps draining my battery on my iPhone but haven’t had anything yet on my 6P

Either way, I much prefer iOS11. It’s a little stuttery at the moment, and a little buggy, and it’s really weird how control centre doesn’t actually turn off Bluetooth and WiFi, but rather disconnects from the current connection (design - not a bug)

http://www.gsmarena.com/psa_turning..._doesnt_actually_turn_them_off-news-27382.php

Got a problem with the App Store on my iPad after the iOS11 update. When I open it it just keeps refreshing itself and then eventually crashes and won't connect any more. This is on any page of the store (search, updates, whatever).
Any ideas? Tried a reboot. Tried signing out and back in again.

Had the same problem, forced closed the app, opened it and eventually it connected. Working fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don
Thanks for that, no bluetooth icon for me and turned off within control centre, but it was still on in the settings. Rather worrying that if it is actually on it got through testing.

This is apparently by design. Control centre just disconnects from any devices but doesn't disable the radios. The only way to fully disable them is within the main settings.

V F

V F

Soldato
On the iPad my clock is stuck constantly on the cog... Had to disable auto time update. Yet it says default device is the iPhone. Reset location settings, restarted the iPad several times and still the same. Soon as you enable it, constant cog.

V F

V F

Soldato
Something is seriously busted on my iPad as the weather widget from the far left of the screen is also unable to locate the weather which probably explains why the time wont sync. Yet everything is stock enabled.

Soldato
I have to say, my experience of iOS 11 across 2 different iPads has been pretty disappointing so far. Definitely the most buggy/glitchy update I’ve used in a long time. Gone is the slickness. I’m getting lag in even stock apps, like when swiping through photos. My iPad Pro 9.7 feels like an iPad Air and my 2nd gen 12.9 now feels like my 9.7 did on iOS 10 :mad:

Slowly getting to the new combined multasking/control centre. Definitely seems way clunkier when you want to, say, turn the volume down when you’re watching a YouTube video. You can’t just swipe up and quickly use a slider, you have to pretty much come out of the app and use the fiddlier vertical slider.

Also finding multitasking less intuitive. Before, I’d often be watching a YouTube vid and want to slide-in an app like Notes or Telegram... picking by just swiping down and scrolling on the right hand side. Now if I want to do that, and the app isn’t in the dock, I have to close the full screen app and hunt it down. Grrrr. I wish they kept the slide-down action to the scrolling app selector. Swiping down to make it split screen just seems weird.

Also saw this blog on various other UI inconsistencies and bugs.

Sort it out Apple!

V F

V F

Soldato
I have to say, my experience of iOS 11 across 2 different iPads has been pretty disappointing so far. Definitely the most buggy/glitchy update I’ve used in a long time. Gone is the slickness. I’m getting lag in even stock apps, like when swiping through photos. My iPad Pro 9.7 feels like an iPad Air and my 2nd gen 12.9 now feels like my 9.7 did on iOS 10 :mad:

Apple really has become a crap company lately with all the bugs. Really wish I didn’t upgraded even though the phone seems to be fine.

Soldato
That site seems like an awful lot of nitpicking and it's stuff 99% of people won't notice.

True, but it all adds up and the inconsistencies give you the impression that they’re not as focussed on “perfection” as they used to be and maybe the teams aren’t communicating and/or rushing (or maybe it’s one big team, I have no idea!).

Anyway I’m sure it’ll all be fixed in 11.0.1 next week :D

Associate
Just a quick question regarding IPSW Files. I upgraded to 11.0 last night on my IPHONE 6 64GB (not the S) and although good features, I found my apps were slower to load up (EG: iTunes 6.5 sec from 3.8 secs, appstore: 9.50 from 5.70, and the trend continues for all apps, 50 Plus % slower. so I downgraded back to 10.3.3, and doing a restore as I write. I downloaded 10.3.3 from https://ipsw.me/#!/download and now have both 11.0 and 10.33 IPSW files on my pc.

is it possible to go to-and-fro from 10.3.3 to 11.0 should I wish?, since the files are on my pc now, OR do apple put restrictions on this when connecting to iTunes etc.? id like the option but .. Apple can be difficult, especially iTunes too!

PS: IOS 11 wasn't terrible or anything like that, and once the apps loaded it ran fine, but maybe its just me. I may be selling it soon and thought that 10.3.3 might be more attractive to a prospective iPhone 6 buyer. don't know.....

Tony

Soldato
Just a quick question regarding IPSW Files. I upgraded to 11.0 last night on my IPHONE 6 64GB (not the S) and although good features, I found my apps were slower to load up (EG: iTunes 6.5 sec from 3.8 secs, appstore: 9.50 from 5.70, and the trend continues for all apps, 50 Plus % slower. so I downgraded back to 10.3.3, and doing a restore as I write. I downloaded 10.3.3 from https://ipsw.me/#!/download and now have both 11.0 and 10.33 IPSW files on my pc.

is it possible to go to-and-fro from 10.3.3 to 11.0 should I wish?, since the files are on my pc now, OR do apple put restrictions on this when connecting to iTunes etc.? id like the option but .. Apple can be difficult, especially iTunes too!

PS: IOS 11 wasn't terrible or anything like that, and once the apps loaded it ran fine, but maybe its just me. I may be selling it soon and thought that 10.3.3 might be more attractive to a prospective iPhone 6 buyer. don't know.....

Tony

I think once they stop signing 10.3.3 you won’t be able to switch back to it, irrespective of whether you’ve downloaded it or not. Not sure when they’re likely to do that. Probably not for a month at least I reckon.

Associate
>

Did you upgrade your iPad pros (9.7/12.9) VIA the iPad itself, OTA?, or via iTunes?. Also, was it an upgrade to/over your existing Data on your iPad?, or a Fresh install (restore from new) then restore from back up etc.?

Back
Top Bottom