The iOS11 Thread

Caporegime
Well updated both iPad and iPhone 6s and so far so good. On the iPad I don’t like the bottom dock but can live with it I suppose.

On my iPhone?? Wow it is so damn fast and smooth. Might not even bother upgrading to the 8 or X now. Very smooth, very impressed.

Haven’t had much of a chance to play with it properly yet v

Soldato
It even runs pretty good on my work phone which is only a 5S. App Store looks ridiculous on it though - not sure why the fonts are so big and the images are so large - there's just so much wasted space which isn't exactly ideal on a tiny screen. Otherwise though it's fine. Nothing much to speak of, but no issues either.

Just good that they haven't pulled an iOS 7/iPhone 4 situation again :)

Soldato
Updated my Iphone7+ 256GB this morning.

I like the new look, but it does seem a little slower than the last IOS version.

If it is slower its really marginal but it feels less responsive to me.

Soldato
I find it smoother overall. However, I still feel as if the animations slow down the UI. Like, I find myself tapping or gesturing to do something but it won't respond because the previous animation hasn't 'completed'. I felt this with the v10.x too - maybe it's just me though!

Associate
Contact photos are now working in my car with iOS 11 (2015 Seat Leon). They didn't work previously so Apple must have improved bluetooth compatibility or something?

Soldato
I’ve noticed that UI animations are noticibly laggy on my 9.7” iPad Pro, whereas they’re fine in my 12.9” 2nd gen. Hoping that’ll sort itself out over time.... or 11.1 :mad:

Also noticing various other graphical glitches when swiping between screens and within apps. Bit surprising given the amount of betas there were :/

Soldato
I’ve noticed that UI animations are noticibly laggy on my 9.7” iPad Pro, whereas they’re fine in my 12.9” 2nd gen. Hoping that’ll sort itself out over time.... or 11.1 :mad:

Also noticing various other graphical glitches when swiping between screens and within apps. Bit surprising given the amount of betas there were :/
Yeah the iPad Pro 9.7 definitely needs some optimisation.

Back
Top Bottom