D&D 5e, starting a game soon, any DM's have tips?

Soldato
I have a player in my game who constantly investigates everything (we call him Jessica Fletcher and play the theme music over the top of Syrinscape to wind him up), but a couple months back he pressed his face up against a door to listen to what was behind it - yep, it was a mimic. It was hilarious :D

Associate
As soon as I read that post I had a flashback to a past game where one of our party members got absolutely ruined by that door, she didn't trust any objects we came across for the rest of the campaign.
I love that module, the players all know that everything in there is bad news yet they all drop their guard a little into it.

Soldato
Are there any DM's in this thread who are watching and not part of my group?

I have one (soon to be 2) homebrews I have created for the group and would like someone to have a look to sense check it.

Cheers

Soldato
As soon as I read that post I had a flashback to a past game where one of our party members got absolutely ruined by that door, she didn't trust any objects we came across for the rest of the campaign.
I love that module, the players all know that everything in there is bad news yet they all drop their guard a little into it.
The entire Curse of Strahd module is absolutely rife with opportunities for suspicion and mistrust. I'm having an absolute blast running it - even the most steadfast characters can be made to feel a little paranoid by the end of it.

Soldato
Are there any DM's in this thread who are watching and not part of my group?

I have one (soon to be 2) homebrews I have created for the group and would like someone to have a look to sense check it.

Cheers

Yep. Although its mainly one shot Pathfinder games i run as i don't have the time or patience to run a full campaign. Prefer being a player.

Soldato
I’m down with the accents now. I have Darvin Fyvel, Hendel and Eriden easy.

I still have the odd Dwon/Galath issues but I’m getting there :D

So close to finishing LMoP and it's proved more entertaining the longer the game has gone on, for me.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it and I must admit I went in a tad reluctantly as a DM as I wanted to play. Good group and the extra homebrew and story that’s developed alongside LMoP has been as much if not more fun to date. The three RP sessions (Eriden’s/ Neverwinter and in Phandalin) have been by far the most fun for me, love how the story has fleshed out.

We’ve now got the last bit of LMoP then around about 10-14 sessions of homebrew to take us into the new year and tidy up LMoP and initial character stories.

Back
Top Bottom