Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - MMO on Kickstarter

Soldato
I think what the devs are aiming for is useful quests rather than using quests as a tool to level up.

That means that unlike World of Warcraft there will be no go get 10 whatevers and return them but there will be lots of long and epic quests that take days to weeks to complete so the number of quests will be much much lower than World of Warcraft but they will have much more impact.

You also won't use quests to level up. You'll need to get in a group and go and kill things to level up.

Man of Honour
Very few quests? oh - that's where you're wrong there are going to be a lot of quests......it will just depend on your skill set if you see them and unlock them or not. Interaction with the npcs - as an adventurer; you'll see adventure quests; if you're a crafter you'll get a different set of quests; both you'll see supposed even another set. Its all about the interaction engine that's being built.

Ah, my info may be a touch out of date then, well in that case as long as you have to actually find the quests rather than having ruddy great exclamation marks over peoples heads then thats ok. The most important thing to me is the forced grouping, lack of fast travel and lack of group finder.

Soldato
Ah, my info may be a touch out of date then, well in that case as long as you have to actually find the quests rather than having ruddy great exclamation marks over peoples heads then thats ok. The most important thing to me is the forced grouping, lack of fast travel and lack of group finder.

Yep there won't be any quest markers. You'll need to actually hail NPCs and talk to them to find out if they have quests and I totally agree with the forced grouping stuff.

It might interest you but I run a Pantheon guild called United Kingdoms which is a European guild that will be (unsurprisingly) be playing on the EU server. If you want to check it out you can find it here:

https://www.unitedkingdoms-guild.com/

and our threads on the official Pantheon forums:

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3307/united-kingdoms-european-guild

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3309/united-kingdoms-european-guild

Associate
Yep there won't be any quest markers. You'll need to actually hail NPCs and talk to them to find out if they have quests and I totally agree with the forced grouping stuff.

It might interest you but I run a Pantheon guild called United Kingdoms which is a European guild that will be (unsurprisingly) be playing on the EU server. If you want to check it out you can find it here:

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3307/united-kingdoms-european-guild

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3309/united-kingdoms-european-guild
why does the guild name ring a bell?

EQ2 - splitpaw server by any chance?

Man of Honour

Thanks, I will throw an app on there when I get home from work tonight. If Pantheon can deliver on its promises then having a decent bunch to chat and fight alongside will be very important. Used to love just camping mobs and grinding in Daoc with a good group of people and just chatting in between pulls. The social aspect of MMOs is one of the greatest things that MMOs have lost along the way.

Soldato
why does the guild name ring a bell?

EQ2 - splitpaw server by any chance?

United Kingdoms has been an active guild in loads of games and yes you did see United Kingdoms on the Splitpaw server in EverQuest 2 :).

We also played on Antonious Bayle in EverQuest 1 and Terenas in World of Warcraft. Oh and we played Vanguard: Saga of Hereos togther too although my poor memory has forgotten the name of the EU server there (I think there were two at launch of Vanguard). Other branches of the guild have sprung up for other games but I never played those MMOs so am not entirely sure about the history there. But United Kingdoms has been going since 2002 I think.

Think there was also a uk guild back on eq1 on venril sathir iirc.

Ah that wasn't us. The United Kingdoms guild that was associated with us was on the Antonious Bayle in EverQuest 1. Although I don't recall there being any issues when the Venril Sathir server merged with Antonious Bayle. Are you sure you are not thinking of the United Kingdoms guild on Antonious Bayle which was our guild?

Thanks, I will throw an app on there when I get home from work tonight. If Pantheon can deliver on its promises then having a decent bunch to chat and fight alongside will be very important. Used to love just camping mobs and grinding in Daoc with a good group of people and just chatting in between pulls. The social aspect of MMOs is one of the greatest things that MMOs have lost along the way.

Look forward to seeing your app :). All are welcome to join.

Associate
Ah that wasn't us. The United Kingdoms guild that was associated with us was on the Antonious Bayle in EverQuest 1. Although I don't recall there being any issues when the Venril Sathir server merged with Antonious Bayle. Are you sure you are not thinking of the United Kingdoms guild on Antonious Bayle which was our guild?

Its possible, was pretty sure I was on VS, but may be confused, as I think the merge happened after I stopped playing but not certain, to add to the confusion my old guild (AD) is now on the AB server. I am getting old after all (as if talking about EQ1 wasnt enough of a clue) what is it they say is the 1st thing to go again? :D

Soldato
Its possible, was pretty sure I was on VS, but may be confused, as I think the merge happened after I stopped playing but not certain, to add to the confusion my old guild (AD) is now on the AB server. I am getting old after all (as if talking about EQ1 wasnt enough of a clue) what is it they say is the 1st thing to go again? :D

Yeah I remember when Ancient Dominion joined Antonious Bayle. You must be thinking of us on Antonious Bayle because there would have been massive drama on the servers unofficial community server forum if one of the guilds had to change their names and I read that forum religiously.

Either way nice to meet an EQ player :).

Associate
There were lots of quests in Everquest, they just weren't highlighted with user friendly markers over the quest givers head, you actually had to go find them :)

Haven't read into too much about Pantheon, but seems they intend on instilling a sense of consequence to death. I hope they do, as these days it carries no real penalty. I want Fear zone CR's!!*

*(actually, I don't, cos they were a major PITA)

Hahah I remember having to tank fear so many times as all damn warriors were sitting in Hate......*paladin here on Tunare* yea if you wiped that was a pita :D

Soldato
Hahah I remember having to tank fear so many times as all damn warriors were sitting in Hate......*paladin here on Tunare* yea if you wiped that was a pita :D

I used to love that feeling of wiping and then getting really stressed because you might lose your corpse and sometimes even having to ask other guilds to help you retrieve all of your corpses. It really built a sense of community.

Associate
There was a united kingdom guild in everquest 1 on the bristlebane server.
I was in a guild called Famijen on bristlebane.

Im really looking forward to pantheon,hope they dont mess it up.

Soldato
There was a united kingdom guild in everquest 1 on the bristlebane server.
I was in a guild called Famijen on bristlebane.

Im really looking forward to pantheon,hope they dont mess it up.

Oh really? Nice. I didn't know that. Yep looking forward to it as well.

There have been hints that they are going to show a Twitch stream of the latest gameplay and graphics either next week or the week after. I'll post in this thread when they release the details.

Man of Honour
Oh really? Nice. I didn't know that. Yep looking forward to it as well.

There have been hints that they are going to show a Twitch stream of the latest gameplay and graphics either next week or the week after. I'll post in this thread when they release the details.

That would be good, good to see how far they've progressed since the last footage.

Soldato
Here are couple of eq screenshots from 31/12/2000
bristlebane server im playing my iksar monk karik.

Drudan is druid from united kingdoms.

AawMJIY.png 3JaTBWG.png

Nice photos. Nice to know their was another guild with the same name. Although the European United Kingdoms (my branch) has probably been a lot more successful since we have played in multiple games before.

Associate
I used to love that feeling of wiping and then getting really stressed because you might lose your corpse and sometimes even having to ask other guilds to help you retrieve all of your corpses. It really built a sense of community.
LOL - we never did call on other guilds to help only a few people if really needed.

I still remember the first time going into fear - I was maybe 52-53 - semi crap gear. We went in to get a epic piece for a couple guild members. We got them and also partly wiped. I was running around grabbing mobs - tanking them; killing. My guild leader was watching as I pretty much took control; held the mobs so people could get rez and out; I even told the guild leader to get out - I would be ok as I was slowly making my way towards the exit :D She was on her cleric; we'd picked up and rez one of our enchanters and headed to the exit.

She was like I was fully expecting you to die any minute; and your life get low then pop back up. She was like ok who is this half elf paladin that just won't die :D

We ended up getting married - divorced LOL and she's still one of my best friends. You are completely right it did build a sense of community

Back
Top Bottom