*** Justice League Thread ***

J.T

J.T

Soldato
LOL, it's not that bad at all! I would be willing to bet money that if it had never come to light they had to do this then the majority of people commenting on it now wouldn't have noticed.

This is just like the "I can tell its a shop because I've seen a lot of shops in my time" meme...

Caporegime
I honestly didn't know until I was told.
I just thought he was going for some slightly weird angry pee'd off smiley face through that entire scene.

They should have kept it quiet,but tbh now I wanna see it again :p.

Soldato
Why in the world wouldn't he shave it they're paying him a ton of money. Don't give me that he was filming something else that required a beard as I'd say he would have been paid handsomely for this to be a priority. It would much easier to glue on a fake beard than remove one post production anyway. Strange.

Soldato
Maybe a character in the film thinks he (Cavill's character) is wearing one of those masks Ethan Hunt likes to wear, and tries to pull it off, tugging at his beard. :p

Soldato
The film was enjoyable and fast paced.. wasn't bored once..

FAR better than:

Suicide squad
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Ant Man
Hulk
Spider-man homecoming

Yeah i know i am comparing it to marvel films.. and what? everyone else does..

The film is being unfairly reviewed IMO, it was a fun film with problems..

The best scene in the film imo is:
When the flash realises how powerful superman actually is.. He slowly turns his head and speeds up to match Barry Allen.. the look on his face is priceless..

I also love how he just steamrolls steppenwolf, i would have hated a "nerfed" superman just to give the plot tension.. No, superman could have literally ripped the main antagonist to pieces if he was so inclined, this is how it should be.. Superman is OP as hell.. He will struggle against the coming threats though, i.e. darkseid.

Why do it’s being unfairly reviewed? To me it was no more than a 6/10, it was fun but just wasn’t that good of a movie. They have just rushed to Justice League, unlike the Avengers there hasn’t been that slower build, that’s the mistake I think they’ve made there.

As for your list of films it’s better than I can only agree with two of them.

Suicide Squad and Hulk, especially when you say FAR better.

Caporegime
Agreed, they should have had origin stories for most of the main characters first and Batman vs Superman was a mis-step. They just rushed through everything because they thought they could crap out movies with comic book characters for billion dollar box office receipts but it doesn't work like that.

Look at the box office for the earlier MCU movies - Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor had decent box office receipts (not amazing) but they introduced audiences to the characters and backstories, and also introduced the bad guy for the Avengers (Loki). Remember that each Marvel movie in the early days was a big risk for them. Even Iron Man casting former bad boy/drug addict Robert Downey Jr as the main character.

Warners just wanted to skip all that and go for box office takings.

Associate
It was enjoyable enough, although it suffered by throwing three completely new characters into the mix and having the worst superhero villain since Malekith the Dark Elf.

Cyborg and Flash have great potential as standalone characters, but I hope they rework both designs as they are pointlessly overdone - The Flash CW show managed a better outfit ffs.
Unfortunately whilst they managed to make Aquaman look cool, they have no idea wtf to do with the character and the 'talk to fish' gag is already stale.

Having a Cineworld Unlimited card takes the edge off though :)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Shame really, watched this last night it was just OK.

Wonderwoman again superb, really like Gal Gaddot she actually makes the films.
I like the new superman, i did wonder about his chin but reading the above explains it :) Best superman to date for me by far.

Everyone else was just well meh apart from lex luther who is just utterly utterly the worst actor and worst casting in any superhero film ever.... even green lantern... WOW.

Back
Top Bottom