*** Justice League Thread ***

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
the "CGI de-moustaching", which was a little off-putting in the first scene, was quickly ignored.

Yeah i only really noticed it in the very start in the first viewing but if you watch it again there was quite a few scenese that made him look he was the joker.

One thing that puzzles me a bit, Superman is the ultimate hero so why do we need a Justice League at all, just get Supes on everything, unless future films are going to use Kryptonite in every scene?
Superman is one of the more powerful characters but the whole point of the JLA is to tackle threats that are bigger, more dangerous than any one character can handle. It hasnt reallly captured that in this movie or in the SS. I just wish they have something different next time as its been a world destroying machine for in MoS, SS and this movie.

Caporegime
So is that cop under some sort of NDA when Lois blurted out "Clark"? Also - why didn't Steppenwolf attack Earth in the near 5000 years after his last attempt and before Supes arrived :p?

Permabanned
Saw it yesterday.

The best thing I can say about it is that it exists... Enjoyed next to nothing about it. Closest I've come to walking out of a screening in years.

Absolute dross.

Caporegime
I Hollywood accounting is ****** but come again?

According to Deadline, Justice League will need to ultimately gross $750 million worldwide to break even, with sources telling the site that the film's production and promotional cost is at least $450 million.

Always used the double the budget method but where did the other $300m go?

Associate
Always used the double the budget method but where did the other $300m go?

It didn't go anywhere, remember that the cinemas showing the film will get about half the money (it's usually 45%, but it can vary from film to film) so if you see that a film has made $800 million worldwide then the studio will have only received about $440 million. That's a problem if the film cost $450 million to produce, print, distribute and market! The typical rule of thumb is to multiply the production budget by 2.5, which is why the article is saying $750 million break even point based on a $300 million budget. The film is currently at around $280 million worldwide after opening in all markets and would be expected to make around 2.4-2.7 times that in total based on previous similar films and the critical/fan response, so it might manage a small profit from the theatrical run. I'm sure it will do pretty well from TV/streaming/Blu-Ray sales and such as well, especially if there is an extended/ultimate edition again. A Justice League film should be making over $1 billion though, so it will be considered a flop even if it makes it past Wonder Woman's box office.

As for the film itself, I would describe it as an entertaining mess. Better than BVS, but the weakest of the ten comic-book/superhero movies released this year. 6.5/10

Last edited:
Associate
In release order: The Lego Batman Movie, Logan, Power Rangers, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Wonder Woman, Spider-man: Homecoming, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, The Lego Ninjago Movie, Thor Ragnarok and Justice League.

For the record, my list is:

1. Logan
2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
3. Spider-man: Homecoming
4. Thor Ragnarok
5. Wonder Woman
6. Power Rangers
7. The Lego Batman Movie
8. Kingsman: The Golden Circle
9. The Lego Ninjago Movie
10. Justice League

Soldato
I was expecting a flop(like many others) and I think the main reason for this is that the studio execs don't understand what Superman and Batman are.

In Man on Steel and every film after, Superman is basically Clark Kent with superpowers. He's just a man with various of issues, like everyone else, who can lift cars and jump high. When faced with a moral dilemma(Zod's death), he chooses the lesser evil option, just like any other person would. They managed to turn Superman into a run of the mill hero in a funny costume which goes against his entire mythology.
Superman is Superman and, like Tarantino said, Clark Kent is the actual costume. Superman doesn't choose the lesser evil, he somehow manages to find path that leads to the good outcome. Superman doesn't kill. And Superman is a bad***, he is overpowered in almost all circumstances, villains have to use tricks to even stand a chance against him.
He is technically a God yet in the films he is portrayed as a troubled potential cult leader... pathetic.

And don't get me started about Batman. World's greatest detective can't detect his nose in front of his eyes. Batman doesn't crack jokes and the rare times he does the humour is dark. Around other superheroes he is Batman, not Bruce, he is slightly paranoid, trusts no one and has a contingecy plan in any situation, even one against Superman... Preparing several moves ahead of the 'game' is his 'thing' and I've never seen him do it in these latest films. The scene in which Bruce meets the Flash is so cringe worthy and out of character that it told instantly how bad this film would be. The true Batman would meet the Flash in his costume and he would somehow capture/overpower him, show him who's boss and only then offer the job.

Terrible, just terrible.

Last edited:
Soldato
well, that was interesting - i certainly didn't hate it, and i was expecting to.

It was a mess but a kind of enjoyable mess - had the feel of a saturday morning b-movie with extra cheese.

not sure how to rate it but you could tell it was a rescue film and that if snyder was left to it it would have been garbage like BvS.
The cgi was shockingly bad and the script was laughable, the villain was rubbish, the story often made no sense....but i didn't hate it.

PayDay Lover
Associate
I was expecting a flop(like many others) and I think the main reason for this is that the studio execs don't understand what Superman and Batman are.

In Man on Steel and every film after, Superman is basically Clark Kent with superpowers. He's just a man with various of issues, like everyone else, who can lift cars and jump high. When faced with a moral dilemma(Zod's death), he chooses the lesser evil option, just like any other person would. They managed to turn Superman into a run of the mill hero in a funny costume which goes against his entire mythology.
Superman is Superman and, like Tarantino said, Clark Kent is the actual costume. Superman doesn't choose the lesser evil, he somehow manages to find path that leads to the good outcome. Superman doesn't kill. And Superman is a bad***, he is overpowered in almost all circumstances, villains have to use tricks to even stand a chance against him.
He is technically a God yet in the films he is portrayed as a troubled potential cult leader... pathetic.

Meh, highlight of the Superman film was him actually killing Zod. Not the first time he has killed Phantom Zoners either. They could have course also have that kill be the set up to him stringently following his no kill policy.

As for choosing the lesser evil option like anyone else, that is debatable, I lot of people cringe away from the tough choice when it comes down to it, not wanting to dirty their hands and hope someone else deals with the problem.

Come to think of it, 90% of Superhero problems come from the fact they all refuse to finish the job and let villains live to **** things up again and again. It seems most people seem to feel taking the 'path that leads to the good outcome' rather than the lesser evil, yet ironically that so called path never seems to materialize.

Back
Top Bottom