• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
I've put an EK block on mine, just built my first custom loop ... gosh does it love water. Early (well, late night) benches were already better, now need to find the max stable settings.

Permabanned
I've put an EK block on mine, just built my first custom loop ... gosh does it love water. Early (well, late night) benches were already better, now need to find the max stable settings.

Nice, I still haven't worked up the bottle to do my first custom loop build, Watercooling's the best thing you can do with a Reference Air Vega, In my M-ATX case the noise from the blower Vega when gaming was unbearable, I thought about putting one of the Wolfy all-in-one kits on mine but in the end opted for the safe route, getting an AIB.

Soldato
Nice, I still haven't worked up the bottle to do my first custom loop build, Watercooling's the best thing you can do with a Reference Air Vega, In my M-ATX case the noise from the blower Vega when gaming was unbearable, I thought about putting one of the Wolfy all-in-one kits on mine but in the end opted for the safe route, getting an AIB.

You should have kept it and put the water cooler on it. The card you sold me is a really good one. Your small case was holding you back a lot!! I have the Carbide 540 and it's a large case with really good airflow. I have got it setup at the moment so that it stays above 1590Mhz @1075 and fan speed doesn't go above 2400rpm. It's a great balance of performance and noise levels. This gives me rock solid performance in games and does pretty good in benchmarks too. Got 4896 in Superposition and that's pretty good since I have no overclock on my CPU at all. And only running a 650W PSU, so I am very happy with the card.

The only problem that I have had is with the Adrenalin drivers, can't get those to work properly at all :(

Permabanned
You should have kept it and put the water cooler on it. The card you sold me is a really good one. Your small case was holding you back a lot!! I have the Carbide 540 and it's a large case with really good airflow. I have got it setup at the moment so that it stays above 1590Mhz @1075 and fan speed doesn't go above 2400rpm. It's a great balance of performance and noise levels. This gives me rock solid performance in games and does pretty good in benchmarks too. Got 4896 in Superposition and that's pretty good since I have no overclock on my CPU at all. And only running a 650W PSU, so I am very happy with the card.

The only problem that I have had is with the Adrenalin drivers, can't get those to work properly at all :(

I'm glad you're happy with it, I think you're right about the case, I've got the Air 240 cube and I wish I'd gotten the 540 as well now, Have you tried th newest driver 17.12.2, Hopefully that'll improve things. My new cards coming later today so I hope it's not a Vega issue we all get.

Soldato
I'm glad you're happy with it, I think you're right about the case, I've got the Air 240 cube and I wish I'd gotten the 540 as well now, Have you tried th newest driver 17.12.2, Hopefully that'll improve things. My new cards coming later today so I hope it's not a Vega issue we all get.

Good luck with it :) What card did you get?

Caporegime
6x Gigabyte reference Air 64 cards in stock, £750, Go! Go! Go! :D

giga64.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Vega 64 Nitro +

Heartbreaking.

Hope it works out better than your last two Vega Purchases!! :p

6x Gigabyte reference Air 64 cards in stock, £750, Go! Go! Go! :D

Heartbreaking.

They will probably sell too. I am not big into mining, but, apparently you can configure Vega cards to get great mining rates at low power. And as any owner of a Vega card will tell you, at stock they aren't great for power consumption, but a few simple tweaks and you can get them to perform better and use less power.

Ree

Ree

Associate
that doesn't look like a good start lol. how will it breathe in a pokey case like that? probably woulda been better with a blower no?

Permabanned
that doesn't look like a good start lol. how will it breathe in a pokey case like that? probably woulda been better with a blower no?

Definitely not, I tried a blower and it was way to loud.
This was a tight fit but it turned out I only had to use the Dremel to cut some metal away to get it in. The difference is night and day.

Someones bought a Giga!!! :eek:

Not me.

I just did a stock clock run of Firestrike and it all seems okay.

Eb6tLDlh.png

Permabanned
Nice one nash! :D

Cheers, I know I'm a mug when you consider the cost but they never had any Titan V's left in stock over at Nvidia and I needed something, :rolleyes: Plus as weird as it sounds I wasn't happy with the thought of spending £600+ and only getting the cut down version. I ended up on the cut-down Fury with you last year.

This cards a big bugger, Thankfully my case has the motherboard flat so there's no weight pulling on the pcie slot.I've got to go and play with the voltages and stuff now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom