Audi owners in here!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
They do a 260bhp 4Cyl which is the one I am thinking about. I like the higher up thing for towing but frankly an estate car is probably more sensible and more me for this use case.

Pick mine up in April, should be pretty good if the A4 with the same engine is anything to go by. The 252ps engine is plenty quick enough and shifts well with Quattro.

Soldato
Just had Audi on the phone asking if I was still OK to pick mine up tomorrow,

Yeah why not, 350bhp convertible in the snow, what could go wrong? Knowing my luck some uninsured idiot in a 18 year old fiesta into the back of me at the first roundabout.

Doubt i will be putting the roof down though.

Associate
New audi A6

from this imo interior looks nicer than G30 5 series (but that is very uninspiring), not sure about vs E class

Really like that. I'm not 100% sold on the dial/button replacement touchscreens yet. For me its not as tactile and when they're off there's the fingerprint issue if you like clean surfaces. I guess its the way things are going though so I'll have to get used to it, probably end up liking them once I've had one for a while at some point in the future.

Soldato
Soldato
Really like that. I'm not 100% sold on the dial/button replacement touchscreens yet. For me its not as tactile and when they're off there's the fingerprint issue if you like clean surfaces. I guess its the way things are going though so I'll have to get used to it, probably end up liking them once I've had one for a while at some point in the future.

Seems much better implemented than LR velar in any case and the voice controls I would probably end up using

I like how the finger writing thing for sat nav goes onto the lower screen, the D4 A8 pad is really small so you can only do 1 or 2 small letters at a time

Soldato
They do on the TTS, but not (yet) on the S5.

Its weird, you can get it on the A5 but not the S5 cause it doesn't work/fit with the sports seats. They are heated and vibrate though for when the s-line shocks are making your bum get a little numb.

Looking in the manual, it is not recomended to put the roof down at sub feezing temps as it is not good for the seals.

Soldato
Audi interiors are properly on point at the minute, new A6's looks awesome.
I'm not convinced.

Designer Philipp Römers said:
“We see touch systems as the future. People are used to working touchscreens today in every part of their lives. We’re giving them what they know, making it easier for them to handle the car in the way they handle their smartphone.”
The problem I have with this statement is the use of Smartphone's is banned in the UK when driving because of the distraction impact they have on the driver. So comparing the new A6 interface to a smartphone isn't great :)
Touch screens work on phones because generally the person using it isn't trying to do something else at the same time. Haptic feedback or not, every time I drive a car with a touch screen interface it's a difficult experience.

Real buttons, scroll wheels work well and voice control needs to be the future.

Soldato
Soldato
I'm not convinced.

The problem I have with this statement is the use of Smartphone's is banned in the UK when driving because of the distraction impact they have on the driver. So comparing the new A6 interface to a smartphone isn't great :)
Touch screens work on phones because generally the person using it isn't trying to do something else at the same time. Haptic feedback or not, every time I drive a car with a touch screen interface it's a difficult experience.

This may be all true however someone going into your new A6 will think "wow" because this interior looks stunning (if it is anything close to the A8)
You won't get the same with a G30 5 series :p

Man of Honour
I haz A4 S-Line Black Edition as a loaner. I believe I’m now formally ‘arrived’ in the success stakes!!!

Second one I’ve had and I have to say again the new A4 is a BIG step up over the previous models. Lovely to be inside and even in S-Line big wheel super photocopier version rides OK.

Id consider it over a 3 Series.

Man of Honour
Pick mine up in April, should be pretty good if the A4 with the same engine is anything to go by. The 252ps engine is plenty quick enough and shifts well with Quattro.
So

Did the X3/X2, Q5/Q3, XC60/XC90 comparison over 1 hour last weekend. For both my wife and I the Q5 stood out as the best place to sit and the most well thought out. Didn’t drive them as BMW would have probably taken it there, but as an all rounder I think the new Q5 is superb.

However I think back to a 5 Series for my daily when the Polo goes to the Natuarl History Museam in May.

Soldato
Did you look at the Jags? when i was thinking about SUVs last year Landrover/Jag is next to Audi in my town, so I had a quick look, the SUV jags are worth a look.

Fortunately I managed to talk the wife out of it and into the S5 though the SQ5 was pretty good for a boat.

Man of Honour
I like the Jag, looks great and want to have a nose but frankly the idea of spending 45K (I would end up close to 55K once I got tick boxy) scares me. It's why I think 25K budget is where I want to be, why I think the Q/X/XC's will be dropped and I will end up in an F11 530/535 Touring, maybe end of line A6 Avant 3L with lots of bits. I know the cars, I like the cars (F11 over A6) and they represent superb value at that money. I have never been worried about 'new' plates and 'new' tech in my cars.

Soldato

You're right, usability wise a wheel would be better. Aesthetically it looks great.

Soldato

Got it home safe yesterday, Photos ain't the best but its not exactly photo weather out there.

Tried to get the wife to work this morning slow and steady doing ok till the police turned me back cause an abandoned car was blocking the road further up.

I have a new toy i want to play with and the only thing i can do is play around with all the tech and set up my options.

FYI myAudi appears to have been coded by someone who has never ever used a smartphone before.

Back
Top Bottom