New FTB Modded Minecraft server Beyond

Soldato
suggestion on a postit stamp :
just a thought on the lag issue there have been issues with lag and ender IO from memory, and were there are is blinking red stone signals, causing the game to reload those chunks when ever the signal changes.
if this is the case try runnin a dummy signal though the io conduits with a constant signal on to prevent the issue as a work around.

Soldato
OP
suggestion on a postit stamp :
just a thought on the lag issue there have been issues with lag and ender IO from memory, and were there are is blinking red stone signals, causing the game to reload those chunks when ever the signal changes.
if this is the case try runnin a dummy signal though the io conduits with a constant signal on to prevent the issue as a work around.

Cheers for that. So far, touch wood, we're lag free. It turns out that a chunkloaded RFTools builder was trying to output into a full chest causing the skipped ticks. Not sure why, but that's modded for you I guess. I've asked that any miners etc have adequate storage to output into, or are turned off. This has solved our issue :) I have quite a few EnderIO machines in my main base, but that seems ok, if a little client laggy lol

Anyhoo, a pic for attention! Just a little place I've rustled up!! The area was flattened using an RFTools builder with a clearing card then a normal card to replace 4 layers of dirt on the floor. The resulting rough edges were terraformed by hand, and I then set about building my new house's shell. It's about 68x31 blocks in size, so should be big enough for little old me :p I had to fire up my void resource miner again for the clay and I've smelted like a billion of them into bricks :p The outer shell is done, the inside will take quite some time I suspect!!

I also needed wool, so used my Woot farm, not realising that mutton would be the main output. I now have about 14k cooked mutton in stock - I'll dump some at the community chest at spawn :eek::D

0WlSRsg.png

oxYyEsE.png
:p:cool::D

Soldato
OP
Thanks cuffy :)

So - the Enviromental Tech void miners are a big hit! They are a bit grindy to set up, but once they're up and running and you have good rf production, it's free stuff with no unsightly holes dug in the landscape!! Several of you have these running, which is awesome!

The items these miners collect can be influenced with different colour lenses. You can look in JEI for the ore/resource you're after and it will show which lens is best for that item. I've looked online for a list of all the ores/resources and their preferred lens colour, but I can't find one.

What I do have though are the config files for both the resource and the ore miner - you can find them below, along with weighting:

Ore Miner

Resource Miner

I thought this might be helpful to some of you. I think the weighting seems fair enough, but I am open to suggestions! I suggest using notepad++ to open those files though, it will look hideous on normal notepad lol :p If anyone fancies making a guide out of those files, be my guest - I'm sure not gonna :eek::D

As ever - join in and have fun - ham :)

Last edited:
Associate
I don't mind the weighting of the items, deciding to do a building from marble only to discover half way through that im all out and even with the best lens its a slow process. but thats the way it is, if everything was made easy to get straight away then it wouldn't be as grindy fun!

Associate
I don't mind the weighting of the items, deciding to do a building from marble only to discover half way through that im all out and even with the best lens its a slow process. but thats the way it is, if everything was made easy to get straight away then it wouldn't be as grindy fun!

I had the same problem, you know you can use a compactor to turn limestone into marble.

Associate
I had the same problem, you know you can use a compactor to turn limestone into marble.

I didnt know that, but good to know.

Huh, useful to know! Something to do with all that limestone I don't need.

Khevolution if you need another inventory full give me a shout in game some time.

Cheers still got some left from your last batch.

Associate
Am I doing something wrong with RFtools dimensions? Made a blank dimension to go get some dimlets and shards, built it and got all my transmitters ready... But can't see the dimension in the dialing device?

It's id 2 which I'm guessing means someone else made it previously and has since removed the receiver maybe? I'd be interested to see what it turned out like if I can since the actual rf cost is higher than the specified cost which usually means good things right?

Soldato
OP
If you just made a blank dimension, then it will just be the same blank dimension I made a while ago (afaik). I took the receiver out as I had a ton of places in the dialling device.

I've used a Dimension Editor to edit a reciever back into it, so you should be good to go. Don't forget to take a charged porter with you, or another powered matter transmitter and dialling device to get back home!

Edit:I would also make and take a Dimension Monitor with you to monitor power of the dimension. Your power isn't quite keeping up as far as I can see. Also take a Phased Field Generator in case the power runs out!

Ah - you need shards to make them. Ok - what I did was go into that dimension and use a builder tool to quarry out some large areas underground to get the shards. I took an EnderIO capacitor or two with me, and a storage crate then dug down to mark out where I wanted to mine. Shards are lvl 39 downwards I *think*.

Last edited:
Associate
Ah that explains it, thanks for putting a receiver in. It was just a quick dimension purely for dimensional shard ore but curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to check it out.

I think my power should keep up but I have the dimension builder switched off for now. Thanks for the tip about capacitors, I'll see if I can incease my power storage just in case.

Soldato
OP
Just a wee bump and an update. The server is running fine, with no lag or other issues.

I have un-chunkloaded a few chunks where players haven't logged on for a few weeks, just to make sure the server runs smoothly and chunk-loads the more active players builds. Doing some research I *think* that only 25 chunks in total can be chunk-loaded, although I could be wrong about that. Don't worry - the claims are still in place, I've just un-chunkloaded them :)

As I said, the server is up and running, has no issues, and if you fancy joining in, just ask for a whitelist! Catch you in-game - Ham :)

Soldato
@haaammit is the server reboot system still enabled? I jumped on this morning and it seemed a little laggy also the other night it didn't reboot @ 10pm

Also I'm having issues with xp not adding or my xp bar not loading in game.. however I have added optifine to the client along with shaders and the full 128x128 spax texture pack, something in the back of my head is telling me it's optifine but I thought I would ask first.

Soldato
OP
@5punk3monk3y yes the server still runs a reboot script, but it's a US based company so because our clocks have changed it's at 05:00 11:00 17:00 and 23:00 respectively! I'll hop on shortly and see if there's any lag, but there doesn't appear to be any warnings in the console. I've had xp and lag issues before, I had to relog to cure it. I was getting lots of lag recently caused by a sky texture pack!!

@LewisRaz feel free to hop on (I'll need your mc name to whitelist you first) - as 5punk says we're a friendly bunch :)

Edit - been on and I'm not getting any server lag. My client has a lag spike every 7 seconds after about 15 mins playing though, which sucks lol

Also, I've turned fire spread off - a lot of my house is wool and planks (and is also in spawn chunks, so always loaded) and it appears that a random lightning strike has destroyed the top two floors of my house :eek::eek::o:(:mad::mad::D

Last edited:
Soldato
@haaammit I think I found the lag issue which is my side, aura sync currently has an issue caused by something or another and has become a resource hog on my system typically with Minecraft being single threaded I believe that the combination was causing client lag.

Associate
@haaammit jumped on the other day for the first time in a while and reloaded some of my chunks while I was online. I forgot to unload them before I logged out though so please can you disable them again? Think it was only one or two chunks but still don't need it loaded while I'm not there.

I was intending to work on my new base some more but not being very creative I didn't really know how to make it look good so just settled for upgrading some of my machines instead. I've been building a cruise ship docked out by the Mesa biome which people might have seen if they've been out that way. Other than the main shape of the hull I'm not doing so great at finishing it off. If any builders fancy the challenge of making it look better then feel free to give me a shout in game, I can pay you in resources and or compliments if you like :)

Soldato
OP
Just a heads up - the hosting company are doing an update to their server nodes tomorrow (17th) between 12:00 and 16:00 (if I've got my EST to BST conversion done right lol) so the server may be down in-between those hours. Everything is all backed up, so no worries on that score.

@petridish the cruise ship looks like it's coming along nicely! You might want to put coords up so players can find it maybe?

Cheers - Ham

Back
Top Bottom