New FTB Modded Minecraft server Beyond

Associate
... this is one dimension for the entire server, not unique for each player...

Ah I hadn't realised that, I just assumed since I'd never seen signs of anyone else there that they were all unique. Thanks for correcting me.

With the deep dark, do you or anyone else know if there's anything to explore? I seem to remember there being some structures there in a pack I played a long time ago, but I haven't seen any yet.

Soldato
OP
Ah I hadn't realised that, I just assumed since I'd never seen signs of anyone else there that they were all unique. Thanks for correcting me.

With the deep dark, do you or anyone else know if there's anything to explore? I seem to remember there being some structures there in a pack I played a long time ago, but I haven't seen any yet.

There used to be Houses of Darkness and Trees, but I believe these have been removed in the latest version. I've travelled about 5k in one direction and seen nothing of note so far!

Soldato
Just installed Multi-MC and FTB Beyond, want to get some high res texture packs and at some point join the server if I can get whitelisted?

My Multi-MC seems to be stuck on resolving mod id's when adding FTB Beyond?

**edit** oh didn't realise you can do it all through multi mc!

Soldato
OP
Just installed Multi-MC and FTB Beyond, want to get some high res texture packs and at some point join the server if I can get whitelisted?

My Multi-MC seems to be stuck on resolving mod id's when adding FTB Beyond?

**edit** oh didn't realise you can do it all through multi mc!
Good stuff - what's your mc name and I can add you to the whitelist. Catch you in-game :)

Further to The Deep Dark I've now gone 10k South and still nothing of note lol

Soldato
OP
My name on MC is willhub, how do I add texture packs with this launcher?

Added to the whitelist :)

Start multiMC, then right click on the FTB Beyond icon then either:

Click on Edit Instance, then on the left there's a Resource Pack tab - click that, then you can add and remove them from there,

Or

Click on Instance Folder, then double click .minecraft then double click resourcepacks and manually add them into the folder that way.

Cheers - Ham

Associate
@haaammit could you kick me when you get a chance, I was on the server this morning and timed out and now its saying I'm still online and wont let me back in. Gave it an hour or two and I'm still there so something must be up. Cheers!

Soldato
OP
@haaammit could you kick me when you get a chance, I was on the server this morning and timed out and now its saying I'm still online and wont let me back in. Gave it an hour or two and I'm still there so something must be up. Cheers!

Done. Not sure why, but the server decided to stop listening to the console, so I kicked the hamster up the arse and restarted it! You should be good to go mate :)

Soldato
Has the ender dragon been killed? I saw the notices to the end in the nether. I don’t want to kill the dragon just some enderman for pearls but I’d rather not get there and find I need to kill the dragon too.

Soldato
OP
Has the ender dragon been killed? I saw the notices to the end in the nether. I don’t want to kill the dragon just some enderman for pearls but I’d rather not get there and find I need to kill the dragon too.

Yes, she has been killed, several times over in fact! She can respawned many times by using 4 end crystals placed on the return portal. Handy if you want to start down Draconic Evolution and you want to grab a Dragon Heart, or you want to grab a Dragon for your Mob Prism for a WOOT farm. She will also drop a new dragon egg each time she is killed again

Soldato
I downloaded minecraft, then I installed FTP and selected MC version coresponding to the version in the OP. Now do I need MC installed before FTB or have I now got 2 instances of MC installed, one normal and one with FTB?

Soldato
OP
I downloaded minecraft, then I installed FTP and selected MC version coresponding to the version in the OP. Now do I need MC installed before FTB or have I now got 2 instances of MC installed, one normal and one with FTB?

You should have 2 versions of Minecraft, the normal one and then a modded version, in your case MultiMC. If you want to play modded, then just launch the game with MultiMC, select which pack you want to use (FTB Beyond for this server) and away you go. You would only use the normal one if you want to play on a server without a modpack, or a vanilla server.

So yeah, just use MultiMC to play on the server :)

I changed the sleep mod btw, it was set to 25% of players sleeping to set daytime, I've changed that to 50% - sometimes players want the night for mob hunting etc. Let me know if that's no good - I can always change it again if needs be o./

Soldato

Hello mate, long time no speak(been 8 years since the MW2 days, god I was an ass ha ha)

Great to see you on board the MC server, I'm on occasionally tinkering with stuff hopefully I'll bump in to you on there if so feel free to grab me if you need a hand with anything :)

Soldato
Hello mate, long time no speak(been 8 years since the MW2 days, god I was an ass ha ha)

Great to see you on board the MC server, I'm on occasionally tinkering with stuff hopefully I'll bump in to you on there if so feel free to grab me if you need a hand with anything :)

Was it MW2? I'd have sworn it was MW3 but either way damn! it has been a loooong time! I'm still as terrible at FPS's so good job I'm playing something slower paced in MC haha.

Thanks for the offer mate :) I've played enough vanilla MC over the years to know that well enough but I think I've only played with a handful of the mods included in FTB. Thankfully it seems FTB is a popular mudpack so there's some decent guides around but so much of it I can't work out so I'm sure I'll have questions. Hopefully see you on at some point.

Soldato
OP
Ight - I noticed the server was getting a little choppy when I was mass crafting things in RefinedStorage. I was grinding up to another pair of Draconic SolarPanels from SolarFlux Reborn - it's about 18k mirrors to get to what I wanted, and other stuff too, and RefinedStorage was being butt-hurt.
I've added another half Gb and reduced the player slots down - this has really smoothed things out, so unless y'all decide to op out the server (not guilty,......*blushes*), we should be good :)

/edit: I was shooting for 1000 levels of xp - my tweaked WOOT farm and 5 fully upgraded ExtraUtils2 Users have seen that target fairly easily. Now going for 10,000 levels. Yup - 10k XP levels.......^_^
Because,.........I can :p

/edit2:I'll not be about much this weekend, I've got three big events to cater for. I'll be about for issues etc, I'll just not be playing much is all :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks will do, is it normal for Multi MC to take ages to load every time I launch it? Lots of loading bars in app takes ages to get to the main menu.

Also what other mods are people running aside from FTB and Multi MC?

And any guides to interesting things that can be done in game? Must be as complicated as a proper MMORPG now!

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks will do, is it normal for Multi MC to take ages to load every time I launch it? Lots of loading bars in app takes ages to get to the main menu.

Also what other mods are people running aside from FTB and Multi MC?

And any guides to interesting things that can be done in game? Must be as complicated as a proper MMORPG now!

Yeah, once you launch the FTB version of MC from MultiMC it does take a bit of time as it has to load (I think) 191 mods and however many textures go with all that before you can play.

For guides to interesting things, while looking around for whats possible. I came across a youtuber by the name of FunshineX. He has a series called A-Z of FTB mods and goes in to quite a bit of detail. I don’t know if it is a complete list but it is enough to get started.

Back
Top Bottom