Ant McPartlin

Associate
I honestly found ant and Dec cringy even when I was a kid. Glad at least one of them is off TV for a bit. OP clearly likes them but I find them excruciating.

No pity for ant from me. Should see jail time but bet he dodges it.

Agree, I expect small children find them funny but how any adult could seriously watch the 2 men/boys prancing about beats me.
They have never grown up and I still don't actually know what they do, they aren't comedians, they aren't singers they just stand at the side of a stage pointing and giggling.
I think they're the most over-promoted pair of non-entities to ever soil my tv screen.

Soldato
He has a little bit of a stagger getting out and to be honest he looks wrecked.

How on earth did his mum let him drive?

You have got to wonder.
Was she in the back? Or unable to get out the passenger side so climbed into the back.
Car looks very badly bashed up for a suburban crash.
Was that a thirty zone?

Soldato
I have sympathy for him and his problems. I like the guy.

BUT drink driving is a no-no. A car license and car is a privilege, not a right. If it had been Joe Bloggs in the street he'd have been in prison now....

I hope he can fight his demons but everyone has their demons - most demons don't kill people. He could have quite easily.

He has people around him that love him. Why did they let him drive?

Like I said before. If it was Joe bloggs on the street he wouldn't be in jail now. They rarely imprison people unless they are repeat offenders or someone dies/ends up seriously injured.

That belief he is getting preferential treatment is skewed.

Soldato
Why is he being treated differently than for this when others have been sacked by ITV for far less serious offences (in my opinion). Todd from Corrie, did a "Trump" on a couple of women in a night club. Chris Fountain (while in also in Corrie) was sacked for rapping about rape. The last one isn't even a crime, and I don't think he's been on telly since.

Is it because he makes them millions of pounds in advertising every year? Of course it is.

Soldato
What a wonderful world it would be if money literally solved all your problems... I think that world would be called Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Associate
The people he smashed into were on tv and said his "representatives" had been in touch who had "advised" them to keep quiet.
Amazing how when you're rich you can pay off anybody who might tarnish you're image.

Soldato
Like I said before. If it was Joe bloggs on the street he wouldn't be in jail now. They rarely imprison people unless they are repeat offenders or someone dies/ends up seriously injured.

Drink driving isn't automatic jail time is it? How much over was he?

Soldato

Ok, I admit the prison bit would never happen so quickly but you certainly wouldn't get the public support he has for 'a mistake'.

I admit I like the guy and I hope he can beat his demons but I have little sympathy when a mental health issue allows someone to hurt people. There are laws and rules for that reason.....

Soldato
Why is he being treated differently than for this when others have been sacked by ITV for far less serious offences (in my opinion). Todd from Corrie, did a "Trump" on a couple of women in a night club. Chris Fountain (while in also in Corrie) was sacked for rapping about rape. The last one isn't even a crime, and I don't think he's been on telly since.

Is it because he makes them millions of pounds in advertising every year? Of course it is.

Maybe the fact that he has been in Rehab recently then put back into a busy schedule while going through the breakdown of his 15 year marriage means people can see that maybe he isn't all bad.

Soldato
Ok, I admit the prison bit would never happen so quickly but you certainly wouldn't get the public support he has for 'a mistake'.

I admit I like the guy and I hope he can beat his demons but I have little sympathy when a mental health issue allows someone to hurt people. There are laws and rules for that reason.....

Yeah and he has been charged with the crime. The law is acting upon him.

I don't see things in life so black and white. My experience of family members with depression and alcoholism mean I can see how people end up doing regrettable things.

Money doesn't mean you should somehow be immune to things. Many amazing celebrities have had issues with drugs/depression/alcoholism and their fall from grace is a depressing thing to witness.

Soldato

Because he's a frontrunner for their most popular shows, he's not going anywhere. Unless he kills someone or turns out he is a sexual predator, then they'll keep him on.

Soldato
I think he should lose his license.

Drink driving, of course he'll lose his licence. Most likely only for a couple of years though. If I were in charge, anybody caught driving whilst over the limit would have their licence completely revoked and would have to wait at least five years before becoming eligible to retake the test.

Soldato
People have sympathy for him because he's that cheeky chappie off the telly who makes them laugh on a Saturday night. In reality he's a 42 year old man who got in a car drunk when he had absolutely no reason to do so and could have quite easily killed somebody or maimed them for life.

Yup.

Tomorrow in GD an average Joe drink driver story will crop up and theyll be called scum of the earth.

Hooray for double standards!

Back
Top Bottom